Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody here feel the same way I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody here feel the same way I do?

As a relative newbie to learning about JTR does anybody here sometimes feel an overwhelming sadness for the victims?

I am so glad that these days the police have a wealth of power over criminals by the way of DNA etc to actually catch these guys quicker and lock them up for good!!
    A Violet Plucked From Mother's Grave

I'll be honest - I feel nothing for the victims at all. Why lie about it. I do, however, wonder if they knew who was killing them, which wouldn't be very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkPassenger View Post
      I'll be honest - I feel nothing for the victims at all. Why lie about it.
      And I'll be honest here too. What you have just said is something that rarely crops up when people think of the victims. But I'm sure there are many here who feel the same. That's not to say they have no consideration for them, however.

The recent sympathy/empathy thread demonstrated the strength of feeling on this subject. I'd personally like to put forward my own thought here, but it would require a LONG think and a LONG post. Maybe later.

DarkPassenger, the subsequent replies to your post may prove to be interesting....

Comment

Jack had no feeling for his victims, he was insensitive to feelings as we know them, Ted Bundy had to kill them within a short time of meeting them or he would not do it...... (in his own words) or he would see them as human.

For me there is no time limit for feeling some hurt for the victims, just because it was 120 years later, there was terror and pain for the victim.

I hope that I will never feel desensitization to anyone's suffering.

BW
        "A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.”
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by DarkPassenger View Post
          I'll be honest - I feel nothing for the victims at all. Why lie about it. I do, however, wonder if they knew who was killing them, which wouldn't be very nice.
          Though I try to be respectable when talking about them I have to agree with you. I just find it really hard to feel anything for anyone who died before I was born, (unless it's been dramatised by a present day actor.)

Originally posted by BLUE WIZZARD View Post
          I hope that I will never feel desensitization to anyone's suffering
          To some of us it isn't desensitisation only because we never developed that sensitivity in the first place.
          "Damn it, Doc! Why did you have to tear up that letter? If only I had more time... Wait a minute, I got all the time I want! I got a time machine!"

Comment

Originally posted by RonnieKray View Post
            As a relative newbie to learning about JTR does anybody here sometimes feel an overwhelming sadness for the victims?

I am so glad that these days the police have a wealth of power over criminals by the way of DNA etc to actually catch these guys quicker and lock them up for good!!
            Always Ronnie....and not just the victims, but the desperately poor, the victims families....this is monumental sadness and despair.

Be thankful every day mate.

Cheers

Comment

I'll tell you what depresses me....When you read the accounts of the victims lives...replace alcohol with drugs & it could be today...Yes,I know basic conditions were much worse,but the downward spiral where the next 'fix' is the vital thing doesn't seem to have changed...........
              Steve

Comment

First Post

I find it slightly strange that someone who professes sympathy for the victims should chose the name of a brutal thug who created many victims himself, as a nom de plume!

Comment

Unless of course his name actually is Ronnie Kray. It has been known.

Yours Reg

Comment

Ronnie Kray and Reg. Yeah, they were an interesting pair. Who knows, they may have seen Jack as a role model!

Sadly for them, Jack got away with it. They didn't.

Tough luck.
                    http://oznewsandviews.proboards.com

Comment

Actually the Krays and Ripperologists have alot in common.

They only kill their own

Comment

Ok...that's from the boys...now,from a female's persepective!

Of course I have sympathy with "the girls"...no question about it....

I prefer to call them that...than "the victims".

I have sympathy..and I have love for them...I have no problem at all with the fact that they lived over a hundred years ago..blimey..I've hit almost half of that,and most of my life feels like it happened yesterday.

Having read about them over time..I feel like I know them.

In a way..they are long lost friends.

ANNA.
                        Last edited by anna; 02-25-2009, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hinton View Post
                          I find it slightly strange that someone who professes sympathy for the victims should chose the name of a brutal thug who created many victims himself, as a nom de plume!
                          Ronnie Kray was a murderous psychpath and the worst type of criminal because he glamourized crime and murder making it seem a credible career prospect. How many young idiots have followed in his footsepts? So I would have to ask you, what is your point exactly?

Did you make the mistake of thinking that I chose his name because I have a warped sense of liking for the man?

Nothing could be further from the truth!
                          A Violet Plucked From Mother's Grave

Comment

Didn't one of the Krays shoot someone in a pub in Whitechapel? A little off-topic, but still.

Comment

i do every now and then.

Comment

Working...
                              X