so who was it then?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so who was it then?

who do you all actually think jack the ripper was ?
    give us your main suspect and reasons why....

any one?

Comment

There's been a thousand threads and polls like this, so I doubt you'll get much response. Most on here who have a favored suspect have not been shy about sharing their feelings. And the rest are on the fence about who Jack was. At the moment, my favored suspect is Charles Le Grand.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Well I haven't been here that long, so I'll bite.

1.) Unknown Male
        Reason: By sheer probability there a more people in Whitechapel not suspected than those suspected, so more likely to be in the former group.

2.) Anderson's Polish Jew Suspect
        Reason: Though far from proof it is the only known reasonable account of a witness succesfully pointing out Jack the Ripper.

3.) Aaron Kosminski
        Reason: Most likely of those proposed as being Anderson's suspect, mentioned in connection by Swanson.

4.) George Hutchinson
        Reason: Injected himself into the case in a suspicious way. (Though the word suspicious in this case is subjectively defined)

I place Huthcinson after Kosminski and the Polish Jew suspect in the list just because proponents of Hutchinson's are forced to explain them in another way, usuaully confining them/him to the murder of Stride as a possible victim of someone other than Jack the Ripper.

Not saying that the explanantion is unreasonable, just the mere fact that it is needed makes Kosminski/Polish Jew a stronger suspect. For example proponents of Kosminski don't always feel the need to explain Hutchinson's behaviour.
        "Damn it, Doc! Why did you have to tear up that letter? If only I had more time... Wait a minute, I got all the time I want! I got a time machine!"

Comment

i too favour Kosminski and who is le grande ?

Comment

Le Grand is Batchelor's partner, on of the two private detectives who took Matthew Packer to see Charles Warren.

"Damn it, Doc! Why did you have to tear up that letter? If only I had more time... Wait a minute, I got all the time I want! I got a time machine!"

Comment

Originally posted by evo-66jod View Post
              who do you all actually think jack the ripper was ?
              give us your main suspect and reasons why....
              My favorite suspects as of late- and if you're not familiar with them they are to be found under suspects on the left- are William Bury and James Kelly. Try juggling them back and forth and see which one feels more comfortable. But that could change any time, and on the other hand I think I lean even more strongly to the idea that Jack was someone who has never been named.

Comment

i see, i very much doubt it will ever be solved but i do believe that some one some where knew who he/she was

Comment

Working...
                X