Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Jack like the Ipswich nude murderer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Sam, we seem to have some form of agreeable dialogue here... but I don't know.
    For it is seems obvious to me that what you call a 'commuting' serial killer becomes just that when his familiar territory becomes squeezed tight by the forces of law and order, forcing him to expand his activities into what we might view as unfamiliar territory, but I think I'd be right in saying that this type of serial killer then falls back on his previous knowledge of particular areas.
    When you look at how Pitchfork operated, he was over a wide area like a rash, but every single site he employed for flashing, or murder, were extremely familiar to him from his previous years... point being that there was no expansion of his killing territory, merely a reversal to his old haunts. This is perhaps more common than we think.
    I'm more than happy with the formula of a local killer, with deep roots planted in the Whitechapel locale, but I do think we should extend the indulgence that the boy may have tubed himself in, as he didn't like the Lambeth Walk.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post

1. That "commuting serial killers" are a comparative rarity;

4. "Commuting" killers seem to demonstrate no particular loyalty to a given location - indeed, they have struck in widely different locations wherever suitable victims might be found.
      Two little words, Sam: Colin Ireland.

You can conclude if you like that the unidentified killer of Polly, Annie and Kate - specifically - is more likely to be found hanging out with the comparatively common repeat offenders than with the comparatively rare.

But it's hardly a productive or particularly insightful observation, and it won't narrow today's search for Jack if he was looking on smugly when they were searching for him back then. An awful lot of grown men must have been familiar with the area from having lived, worked or passed through at one time or another before moving upwards and outwards by 1888. Mark Dixie went back to the actual street in which he once lived, in South Croydon, to murder and mutilate complete stranger Sally Anne Bowman, virtually outside her house. Needless to say, he wasn't physically bound to hang around the area while the search was going on for her killer.

If Jack had the tiny bit of good sense needed to take himself off, anywhere within typical Victorian walking distance (even Romford, for instance ) in between murdering unfortunates, he may have gained considerable satisfaction from the thought of all those coppers and vigilance committee members concentrating their search for him on one small area and inevitably drawing a big fat blank each time.

You try to tell 'em about me, the way I moved
      You try to tell 'em about me, what have you proved?
      But it's too late to say you saw me
      How would you know? Why should I care?
      Just don't bother tryin' to find me
      I'm not there

Well you can tell 'em 'bout the way I looked
      The way I'd act and the colour of my hair
      My voice was soft and low
      My eyes were cruel and bright
      But I'm not there

You try to tell us about him, what have you shown?
      You try to tell us about him, was he a clone?
      But it's too late to say you saw him
      How would you know? Why should he care?
      Just don't bother tryin' to find him
      He's not there

Love,

Caz
      X
      Last edited by caz; 04-28-2009, 01:49 PM.
      "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Zombies, Caz, or Santana?
        I prefer the Zombies.

Comment

Me too, Cap'n.

Much as I love Santana, their Black Magic Woman wasn't a patch on Fleetwood Mac's either.

Love,

Caz
          X
          "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Don't you come too close to me
            You're dangerous, can't you see
            You can make the darkness mean more
            Then it ever did
            Ever did before
            It's a devil's disguise
            Angel in black

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post
              Two little words, Sam: Colin Ireland.
              Who was just one little person.

We can all find exceptions, Caz, and they clearly exist, but that's no basis for a solid argument in favour of commuting killers. It's just an acknowledgement that it "Might" (with a big "M") apply. It stands to reason that the majority of offenders will conform to the majority pattern.
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by DarkPassenger View Post
                Can we please stop calling him the Ipswich nudes murderer? It's like being back in the sixties. Next we'll be calling the Prime Minister Lord Brown. It's the Suffolk Strangler, thank you!

Secondly Wright's been linked to five other murders, but discounted from the Lamplugh case. Kelly Pratt, Natalie Pearman (who vanished outside the same pub in Norwich were Wright was landlord), Mandy Duncan, Vicki Hall and Michelle Beattles.
                http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ve-Wright.html
                Tom Stephens was also a special policeman in the same area of norwich at the same time and got kicked out for living with a sixteen year old prostitute, he would of known Steve Wright and I can tell you that Steve Wright did not dispose of the last two girls to be found Annette Nicholls and Paula Clenelle so at the very least had a accomplice who possibly framed Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Ben View Post
                  Good points, Gareth.

Added to which, I believe Wright actually lived in the red light district of Ipswich anyway!

All the best,
                  Ben
                  yes he did though that does not make him a killer !

Comment

Originally posted by DarkPassenger View Post
                    Can we please stop calling him the Ipswich nudes murderer? It's like being back in the sixties. Next we'll be calling the Prime Minister Lord Brown. It's the Suffolk Strangler, thank you!

Secondly Wright's been linked to five other murders, but discounted from the Lamplugh case. Kelly Pratt, Natalie Pearman (who vanished outside the same pub in Norwich were Wright was landlord), Mandy Duncan, Vicki Hall and Michelle Beattles.
                    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ve-Wright.html
                    Tom Stephens was also in that area of Norwich at the same time, he was the first arrested suspect in the Ipswich murders

Comment

[
                      Its clear in the Ipswich cases the killer at least knew about trace evidence, hair and fiber....so he left them nude in water.

Best regards all.[/QUOTE]

Tom Stephens the first suspect would of known all about this subject being in the police on the red light district of norwich

Comment

The murderer in this case was a former merchant seaman, one of two English serial murderers who were sailors and six who murdered prostitutes.

Why do so many posters ridicule my theory that the Whitechapel Murderer was a sailor, yet so many suggest that he was Jewish - even though there is not a single case on record of a Jewish serial killer in Britain?

Comment

Originally posted by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1 View Post
                          The murderer in this case was a former merchant seaman, one of two English serial murderers who were sailors and six who murdered prostitutes.

Why do so many posters ridicule my theory that the Whitechapel Murderer was a sailor, yet so many suggest that he was Jewish - even though there is not a single case on record of a Jewish serial killer in Britain?
                          There was a Polish Jew murderer in Whitechapel close to the relevant time, but he was not a serial killer (that we know of) and he killed a Jewish woman, not a gentile woman. Perhaps his murder could have sparked the Polish Jew theories in 1888 to some extent?

Comment

Originally posted by jerryd View Post

There was a Polish Jew murderer in Whitechapel close to the relevant time, but he was not a serial killer (that we know of) and he killed a Jewish woman, not a gentile woman. Perhaps his murder could have sparked the Polish Jew theories in 1888 to some extent?
                            I am familiar with that case, but it appears to have been a murder caused by poisoning and of someone who was on familiar terms with the accused - hardly something to instil fear in women walking the streets.

It appears that upon poisoning the victim, he immediately attempted suicide by the same means - hardly a practical method by which to progress to become a serial killer!

There is no doubt that the Lipski case figured in the anti-Jewish feeling that permeated the Whitechapel murders case, but that feeling was already there.

Blaming Jews for murders - especially those of gentile children - was a traditional sport in medieval England, and even, in more modern times, Russia and central Europe.

Comment

Working...
                            X