Male victims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Male victims

I am new at this and have been asked several times, so in the interest of clarification here goes. On what evidence does the assertion of only female victims lie? Are there ripper like killings of men contemporary to the classic victims? Thanks Respectfully Dave
    P.S. At least I know I don't even know enough to be dangerous.
    We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Originally posted by protohistorian View Post
    I am new at this and have been asked several times, so in the interest of clarification here goes. On what evidence does the assertion of only female victims lie? Are there ripper like killings of men contemporary to the classic victims? Thanks Respectfully Dave
    P.S. At least I know I don't even know enough to be dangerous.
    Hello protohistorian

There was the murder of an 8-year-old boy, John Gill, in Bradford at the end of 1888 that seemed Ripper-like in terms of the mutilations of the victims. See An Atrocious Crime: A Little Boy Chopped to Pieces in Bradford, England. Also the mutilation murder of 27-year-old Jane Beadmore in Gateshead in December as well, for which William Waddell, a 22-year-old Gateshead factory worker, was convicted and hanged. Both these murders seem to have been copycat crimes rather than crimes by the Whitechapel killer. There were no murders of males in London that matched the savagery of the East End killings.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
    just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
    For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
    RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

Hi Dave,

In addition to Gill, "Fingers" Freddie supposedly disappeared and some said he was killed by the Ripper because he knew his identity. He was also a conjectured blackmail partner of Emma Smith, that is, if he even really existed.
      This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
        Hello protohistorian

There was the murder of an 8-year-old boy, John Gill, in Bradford at the end of 1888 that seemed Ripper-like in terms of the mutilations of the victims. See An Atrocious Crime: A Little Boy Chopped to Pieces in Bradford, England. Also the mutilation murder of 27-year-old Jane Beadmore in Gateshead in December as well, for which William Waddell, a 22-year-old Gateshead factory worker, was convicted and hanged. Both these murders seem to have been copycat crimes rather than crimes by the Whitechapel killer. There were no murders of males in London that matched the savagery of the East End killings.

Chris
        Thank you, I did not know enough to give an intelligent answer.
        We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

Working...
        X