Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whitechapel on TV

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Whitechapel on TV

    Hi Folks
    The series Whitechapel starts on British TV on Monday.Anyone got any info on this ie previews etc and what sort of thing are we to expect? Is it another "Gull done it,Guv,to protect 'er Royal 'ighness"
    Thanks in advance,off to tweak a few settings on the old time machine
    Steve
    _____________________________________________
    Oh for a time machine to go back to 1888 and lurk about Whitechapel and see who was JTR

  • #2
    Hi Steve.

    There's a thread on this already which is currently active.

    It's not a Ripper drama. It's about a modern-day copycat. Transmission was delayed because, of course, we had that very thing in Whitechapel last year. They use Ripper resources (a certain book by two of us is being used as a prop...) and a Ripper historian/guide (played by Steve Pemberton) to solve it.

    PHILIP
    Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

    Comment


    • #3
      There's a lengthy article about the programme in next week's Radio Times. The excellent Phil Davis is to star in it.

      Comment


      • #4
        PS Also staring Rupert Penry-Jones. Ex-Spooks star and the man who played Hanney in the BBC update of the 39 Steps this Xmas.

        Pirate

        Comment


        • #5
          Here we go folks.
          http://forum.casebook.org/showthread...3907#post63907

          Several pages of links including "How and Where to order the DVD", ITV's Official Site, where to download the press pack, and a link to IMDB's Whitechapel page.
          Regards Mike

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Pirate Jack View Post
            PS Also staring Rupert Penry-Jones. Ex-Spooks star and the man who played Hanney in the BBC update of the 39 Steps this Xmas.

            Pirate
            That'd be HannAy Jeff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

            Suzi
            'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Suzi View Post
              That'd be HannAy Jeff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

              Suzi
              Your so posh you

              Comment


              • #8
                He he x
                'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

                Comment


                • #9
                  Gawd save the blaady Queen, gav! We've go' anava wan!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by George Hutchinson View Post
                    Hi Steve.

                    There's a thread on this already which is currently active.

                    It's not a Ripper drama. It's about a modern-day copycat. Transmission was delayed because, of course, we had that very thing in Whitechapel last year. They use Ripper resources (a certain book by two of us is being used as a prop...) and a Ripper historian/guide (played by Steve Pemberton) to solve it.

                    PHILIP
                    Thank's Philip for directing me to the active thread about this,I'll have a peep
                    Steve
                    _____________________________________________
                    Oh for a time machine to go back to 1888 and lurk about Whitechapel and see who was JTR

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      OK Monday! all lined up to record it for How! What time's it on??
                      'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by DarkPassenger View Post
                        Gawd save the blaady Queen, gav! We've go' anava wan!
                        'Er what?
                        'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Pirate Jack View Post
                          PS Also staring Rupert Penry-Jones. Ex-Spooks star and the man who played Hanney in the BBC update of the 39 Steps this Xmas.

                          Pirate
                          It was Richard HANNAY in the 39 Steps and I'm a HannEy that's all!
                          'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Suzi View Post
                            'Er what?
                            Gawd (God) save the blaady (bloody, but instead of the "oo," which is northern, it's more of an "ah" sound, so it's "blaady") Queen, We've go' (got, with an apostrophe so it's a clipped word) anava (another, in broad cockney, or similar) wan (one, again in cockney or similar).

                            There you go!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by DarkPassenger View Post
                              Gawd (God) save the blaady (bloody, but instead of the "oo," which is northern, it's more of an "ah" sound, so it's "blaady") Queen, We've go' (got, with an apostrophe so it's a clipped word) anava (another, in broad cockney, or similar) wan (one, again in cockney or similar).

                              There you go!
                              Cor blimey Guvna' a man after me own 'art
                              Steve
                              _____________________________________________
                              Oh for a time machine to go back to 1888 and lurk about Whitechapel and see who was JTR

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X