Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's an old book Suzi so you might find fluff in there xxx

Comment

Phil, Chris, thanks for joining me in the smugness! I wonder if there's a thread in this, where we can gloat about cool stuff we got stupidly cheap?

While we're feeling smug, what's my fairly poor condition first 1960's paperback edition of Matters worth? I paid about $2.50 for that one...

If anyone cares, there are photos of a number of my Ripper books in the Book Challenge thread on my Flickr site, linked below. Own trumpet blown.

B.
      Last edited by Bailey; 12-14-2008, 09:22 PM.
      Bailey
      Wellington, New Zealand
      hoodoo@xtra.co.nz
      www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsephotographic/

Comment

Wow! I bought mine brand-new after watching the entire mini-series as it ran through the summer of 1973.

(Smuggy, smuggy, smug smug.)

Actually it was that program that got me interested in the case!

Comment

Originally posted by tobyduke View Post
          please can someone give me the link to be able to watch the full 52 Min's please all i keep finding is a 5 min trailer.
          Hi Tobyduke,
          I am actually in the process of uploading the entire Barlow And Watts series on Veoh.
          I have created The Jack The Ripper Vaults where I intend uploading all of my JTR documentaries to share with anyone who is interested. I want to create a sort of one stop shop where JTR researchers can download most of the documentaries from a single source.
          I have currently uploaded the first three episodes and intend to upload the remaining three episodes within the next few days
          You can watch the documentaries online or by filling in a few details download them completely free of charge. Hope this is of some help to you.
          Here is the link to my channel on Veoh

http://www.veoh.com/channels/jacktherippervaults

Comment

Derann, how to I get beyond the preview? I've signed up and everything. If I click on the Ep 1 icon I keep getting the first 5 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Chava View Post
              Derann, how to I get beyond the preview? I've signed up and everything. If I click on the Ep 1 icon I keep getting the first 5 minutes.
              Hi Chava,
              Sorry to hear that you are having trouble viewing the videos.
              When you click on the small thumbnail for episode 1 etc, the 5 minute preview begins. If you hover your mouse over the preview you get the message "YOU ARE WATCHING A PREVIEW, WATCH THE FULL VIDEO" and if you click on the "WATCH ON VEOH WEB PLAYER" button you can watch the full video or there is an option to download it to your pc for viewing at your own leisure. I have just logged on and checked it out and it was ok for me. As soon as I clicked on the thumbnail the full version began to play in the veoh web player.
              Did you download the web player when you logged on?
              That may be the problem if you havent installed that and restarted your pc.
              If you didnt you can download the web player here
              http://www.veoh.com/downloadFlow.html
              I think you may need to have that installed even if you chose to download the video to your pc, I would certainly give it a try.
              I hope this helps you out, but please dont hesitate to let me know if you are still having problems and I will do my best to check things out for you.
              Regards
              Derek

Comment

Derek, that might be the problem. I'm on Mac...

Comment

Chava - I don't remember 1973 (smuggy smuggy smugger).

Bailey - the Arrow paperback from 1964 is the most common and is probably not really worth more than about £15, but that means you still got a bargain.

PHILIP
                  Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by George Hutchinson View Post
                    Chava - I don't remember 1973 (smuggy smuggy smugger).

Bailey - the Arrow paperback from 1964 is the most common and is probably not really worth more than about £15, but that means you still got a bargain.

PHILIP
                    George, if you frequent the Kelly threads, you know I don't believe a word out of your mouth!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chava View Post
                      Derek, that might be the problem. I'm on Mac...
                      Hi Chava,
                      There shouldnt be any problems using veoh with a mac,
                      Veoh provide a viewer for the mac, you can download it here...
                      http://www.veoh.com/downloadFlow.html?ver=mac

Hope this helps
                      Regards
                      Derek

Comment

Three of the six episodes are on YouTube - or were recently.

Comment

Working...
                        X