Canadian Bus Beheading; AP's view of motive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Bus Beheading; AP's view of motive

I have been reading with interest the discussion of AP Wolff's book on another thread and finally decided to read the book.

I was impressed with the arguments against a sexual motive.

I have been following the accounts of the Canadian Bus Beheading and am struck with the similarities. The perpetrator also carried out post mortem mutilations. Mr. Li is more disorganized than JTR because he committed the atrocity in full view of a busload of fellow passengers.

The Canadian courts are understandably reticent to release much info about Mr. Li's mental health, not wanting to prejudice the case but a careful reading of the linked article reveals that Mr. Li is probably a paranoid schizophrenic.

This cements in my mind that A.P. is probably correct. I say this based on the similarities of what was done.

Hi Diana!

It is certainly an interesting case to study in relation to the Ripper killings.

I find it hard, however, to free myself from the fact that the Ripper seems to have held a pretty obvious interest for the lower abdomen, and that in itself points to a sexually related motive for the killings.
    I donīt think that we must accept that he killed for sexual gain and gratification though - he may of course have killed out of a fear of sexuality, something that A P Wolf has often hinted at if I read him correctly. To erase the element of sexuality altogether, however, may be unwise to do. Is this what you are suggesting?

The best,
    Fisherman

Comment

'To erase the element of sexuality altogether...'

Is a much more pressing motive for such a killer.

Comment

Shurely AP wasn't 'inspired' by this madman- or vice versa!!!! This is madness..........

AP has much more sense!!!
        'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Working...
        X