• Show
Clear All

• Jack the ripper question

Who do you think Jack the ripper was!

Ruh, Roh!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by garytelecastor View Post
      Ruh, Roh!!!!![ATTACH]3624[/ATTACH]
      I disagree, Gary. "Seltzer" is a Jewish name, and I for one have serious doubts that the Ripper was a Jew.
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Sam Flynn did it!
        Regards Mike

Comment

I thought I told you not to tell anyone, Mike.

Yours ruefully,

Sam Flynn (aged 143½)
          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Who are the mysterious Who Do You? They are correct to think Jack the Ripper certainly WAS but he no longer IS.

PHILIP
            Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Does anybody know hwere they have discussions in the chat room?

Comment

I think Jack was probably someone aged in his thirties or forties, a Jew based on the demographics of the area and the witness descriptions, and someone with a history of mental illness and heavy alcoholism. He was probably a casual worker - I have my suspicions he was a fishmonger, and that niggling thought will not go away in my head.
                Another post on another thread suggests a morgue attendant. I didn't realise that casual work was recruited from workhouses to work in mortuaries in the Metropolitan area, but considering that I think Jack may have been one of those casual workers. One who lived near Wentworth Street I would think.

So a middle-aged Jew living in the heart of the Jewish and "wicked quarter mile" area, a regular at the pubs and gentleman's clubs (and Jewish clubs), one who probably worked casually as a morgue attendant or a fishmonger.

Ripperologists hate psychology, profiling and all that because those areas lack glamour. Sorry, but call me boring, but I'm profiling man myself!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkPassenger View Post
                  I have my suspicions he was a fishmonger
                  Jack the Kipper

Comment

I agree with most of your post, DP, but I wouldn't say that the majority of witness sightings implicated someone with a Jewish appearance, and it was the Gentiles, not the Jews, that represented the majority population.

Best regards,
                    Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Julius View Post
                      Jack the Kipper
                      I'm telling you. I just have a feeling. Throat sliced like that, and gutted the way they were. Killers who train as butchers in the UK seem to like dismembering their victims - Jack didn't dismember. He (arguably) tried to decapitate his victims, although I doubt it myself, without success, but he did gut them.
                      Just a hunch anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X