How old?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How old?

Just thought it'd be interesting to see how old you guys thought Jack the Ripper was at the time of the murders.

For me, I'd say around 36. I honestly don't know why but I always pictured him to be around that age.

What do you think?

Sorry if there's already been a discussion about this.

Hi M&P,

A number of witnesses (perhaps even the majority) described a man of around 30, so that would be my bet.

Comment

I think I've read the serial killer profile that most people accept as being relatively preicse says that white serial killers are usually between 16 and 36 years of age
      In heaven I am a wild ox
      On earth I am a lion
      A jester from hell and shadows almighty
      The scientist of darkness
      Older than the constellations
      The mysterious jinx and the error in heaven's masterplan

Comment

how old

Originally posted by Mascara & Paranoia View Post
        Just thought it'd be interesting to see how old you guys thought Jack the Ripper was at the time of the murders.

For me, I'd say around 36. I honestly don't know why but I always pictured him to be around that age.

What do you think?

Sorry if there's already been a discussion about this.
        36 sounds good, not too old and not too young.
        "A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.”
        Albert Einstein

Comment

An odd question- but as you ask............I don't recall any under tens! and I don't recall any over eighties in the serial killer world (no doubt they may lurk somewhere!)

IMHO I would place The Whitechapel Murderer as between 25 AND 45 Probably towards the top end of that....Pushed I'd say about 38..........ish!!!! *

That all aside-

Trouble is he was more than likely just some grubby chap furtling around the streets of Spitalfields- who was known and trusted by his victims- Now who he/she was, or what profession he/she may have had, is open to a LOT of threads and discussion!!!

*This would of course depend on your personal 'image' of the Ripper M & P

Suzi
          Of course- witnesses can take a guess at age that can be years out- especially from younger witnesses who have an odd appropriation of age....'Oh he/she was old'....probably meaning over 30! Odd how this happens- but true
          Last edited by Suzi; 01-07-2009, 08:38 PM.
          'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

I'm very open minded about Jack. I still envision him to be in his thirties, but I definitely wouldn't rule out someone as young as their early to mid twenties.

I definitely think he was a local man who was just as shabby as the rest of the populace, and one who we'll sadly never know the identity of.

I reckon it's likely he was the man who Lawende saw (if only he had seen Kate's face we would've almost certainly had known!). That's the thing about this case; there's so many coincidences and people having just missed him or just not enough proof. Whoever Jack the Ripper was, he was one hell of a lucky bloke.

Comment

Hi M & P-
              Withought a doubt a local who was in a position of trust- well at least as far as the victims were concerned
              Suzi

Comment

I'm not sure he necessarily would've been in a position of trust, but telling them what they wanted to hear and acting inconspicuously to get them to go with him willing was a certainty.

Comment

I will never be convinced that at that point in the 'Autumn of Terror' that any woman would have disappeared down a dark (or not ) alley with anyone they didn't know or trust

Comment

Well, they would've had to do their business somewhere, right? And there was still scores of working ladies who were plying their trade even with the Ripper scare, so I think Jack was just lucky.

Comment

Nope can't agree with that one
                      No offence!

Comment

That's cool, I think it's good to have different opinions. xD

So what kind of person do you think Jack was then?

Comment

"I really don't know, Basil - perhaps he was twelve"

(Fawlty Towers, The Psychiatrists)
                          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Just DON'T call in Mr O' Reilly !

Comment

ARTHUR: Old woman!
                              DENNIS: Man!
                              ARTHUR: Old Man, sorry. What knight lives in that castle over there?
                              DENNIS: I'm thirty seven.
                              ARTHUR: What?
                              DENNIS: I'm thirty seven -- I'm not old!
                              ARTHUR: Well, I can't just call you `Man'.
                              DENNIS: Well, you could say `Dennis'.

(Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

Comment

Working...
                              X