Photo's of 13 MC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Rob

First off,sorry to disagree about the 'From Hell' recreation I now see you were right
    Yes the 1939 one by Stewart is the one I was thinking of.What is it a miniture or something??
    Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve F View Post
      First off,sorry to disagree about the 'From Hell' recreation I now see you were right
      Yes the 1939 one by Stewart is the one I was thinking of.What is it a miniture or something??
      No worries.

Yeah, it was some sort of minature recreation, probably put together with bits of cardboard. He also did the interior of 13 Millers Court and also section of Dutfields Yard and the back of 29 Hanbury Street.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Clack View Post
        No worries.

Yeah, it was some sort of minature recreation, probably put together with bits of cardboard. He also did the interior of 13 Millers Court and also section of Dutfields Yard and the back of 29 Hanbury Street.

Rob
        Have you got photo's of the other again may have seen them before and forgot
        Steve

Comment

Here you are:

Backyard of 29 Hanbury Street:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	William Stewart Backyard of Hanbury Street.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	654866

Dutfields Yard

Name:	William Stewart Dutfields Yard cb.jpg
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	654867

and the interior of 13 Millers Court

Name:	William Stewart Mary Kellys Room cb.jpg
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	654868

Rob

Comment

Thanks again ,Rob

Yeah had seen 'em,but not for years so thats for that
            Steve

Comment

I'd love to know how Mary got through that door. It looks like it's got a chest of drawers in front of it - not only that but I'm surprised she didn't set fire to the bed as her bedclothes are practically in the hearth.

It's a shame really, as the other models he did were really not at all bad, in fact a couple of them were really pretty good, especially the one of Dutfield's Yard

I think that the set in , 'From Hell,' was pretty good, but I'll give the gold star to the one in Michael Caine's JtR, as I thought that all of the sets in that were really excellent.

Hugs

Janie
              xxxx
              I'm not afraid of heights, swimming or love - just falling, drowning and rejection.

Comment

With one exception, Janey - in the 1988 JTR, I think I recall the hand ambulance moved off right through the fence into the backyard of 31 Hanbury Street!

Not an architectural error, I grant you.

PHILIP
                Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Thomas View Post
                  This is the best we've got at this moment in time.

Kelly's room is slightly to the left of centre.

[ATTACH]3248[/ATTACH]
                  Steve, many thanks for the photo.Can you possibly point out whereabouts no 13 is. I think I know where you mean.
                  Thanks
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by WARSPITE View Post
                    Steve, many thanks for the photo.Can you possibly point out whereabouts no 13 is. I think I know where you mean.
                    Thanks
                    WS,

#13 is partially obscured by various kinds of rubble, but you can just make out some features in the photograph, which I've colour-coded below:

Name:	Picture 3.jpg
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	656981

The green block picks out the archway into the court; The blue oblong shows where Mary Kelly's door was; The red lines show the corner, the northern and western sides of Room 13.
                    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

thanks for this

very interesting.
                      babybird

There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved.

George Sand

Comment

Hi WS

Another excellent graphic can be seen on post#275 here....

allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                          WS,

#13 is partially obscured by various kinds of rubble, but you can just make out some features in the photograph, which I've colour-coded below:

[ATTACH]5579[/ATTACH]

The green block picks out the archway into the court; The blue oblong shows where Mary Kelly's door was; The red lines show the corner, the northern and western sides of Room 13.
                          Many thanks Sam, its a brilliant find

Comment

Working...
                          X