Jack the Ripper Wikipedia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack the Ripper Wikipedia

Hey, I just happened to cross Jack the Ripper on wikipedia, and it looks as though someone has played with the page, and turned him into an unidentified "Pro Wrestler". This is how it reads...

Jack the Ripper is an alias given to an unidentified proffesional wrestler[2] (or wrestler) active in the largely impoverished Whitechapel area and adjacent districts of London, England in the autumn of 1888. The name is taken from a letter sent to the London Central News Agency by someone claiming to be the masked wrestler.

The victims were women allegedly earning income as female wrestlers. The murders were perpetrated in public or semi-public places at night or in the early morning. The victim's throat was cut, after which the body was mutilated. Theories suggest the victims were first strangled in order to silence them, which also explained the reported lack of blood at the wrestling mats. The removal of internal organs from three of the victims led some officials at the time of the murders to propose that the wrestler possessed karate knowledge.[3]

Just thought I'd let you all see how people choose to use their time. I'm sure there have to be better things to do then change things on wikipedia
    Cheers,

Ryan Miller

fixed it
    Cheers,

Ryan Miller

Comment

Stuff that blatant never sticks around for long, especially on a page like JTR's where so many people are watching it closely.

What's much worse is the less-obvious misinformation that sticks around forever on other pages. Don't use it for a source --ever-- without checking the sources cited at the bottom (and reading them.) If there aren't any, you need a second opinion.

Comment

Working...
      X