Puzzled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puzzled

I have been revisting the timelines of the murders and i am convinced that the murders that occured in 1888 where the one person, but the 1889 murders could be that of a copy cat / Cover up murder. The reason I say this is frequency. In 88, there 11 murders that shared the same characterisitcs, and whilst the 89 murder share the same ferocity, only 4 murders took place.
    Serial killers dont just stop, they either get caught or get killed. Why would the Ripper go from 11 murders one year and 4 the others. If the above is true then I suggest the actual Ripper was killed in Janaury or arrested for something else in 89 and detained. and the remaining crimes where copy cats or cover ups of other murders for reasons unkown, Or his/ her health had declined so severley that he/ she was physically incapable of committing further crimes!

Judging by the escalating violence of each of the crimes that there was nothing scientific about it, more of a sexual nature. Each started slow and built up with the rage and sexual release becoming more intense with each kill hence why it escalated in frequency and ferocity. The ripper would have stopped unless stopped. These killers cannot help themselves and cannot think rationally. As you by no doubt tell I am new to this genre but I cant find out if any new work has been done such as a Behavior Profile of the killer(s), any witness reports, etc please let me know what you think of my theory

Originally posted by Financeman View Post
    In 88, there 11 murders that shared the same characterisitcs
    What murders are you counting that you get 11 in 1888?

Originally posted by Financeman View Post
    Serial killers dont just stop, they either get caught or get killed.
    Some actually do stop (see BTK, for instance), or slow down quite substantially so that there may be years (even a decade or more in some cases) between murders or so few that they get missed by police and press reports.

Dan Norder
    Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
    Web site: www.RipperNotes.com - Email: dannorder@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Norder View Post
      What murders are you counting that you get 11 in 1888?
      Is there a football team that got killed that we have yet to hear about?
      Regards Mike

Comment

Ah Yes it was called the English Cricket team when they play Australia! sorry had to throw that one in. I am counting the official vicitims and the ones linked to it in 1888 time period. Clearly It is a pattern of escalation, sexual sadist killers dont stop unless stopped, caputred or dead. I have read the case notes on the other deaths and whilst the escalation is dramatic, so is the tendancies of these types of killers - look at Dahmer. He was sexual sadist/ canibal and reading his story and his own words are fascinating.
        In my view, JTR started off killing as part revenge/ part fantasy before discovering his sexual excitement and pleasure from the crimes. His thirst for the sexual release grew so strong than when once denied (the double whammy) he just had to kill that day after being interuppted. He found he could control the urges and and hence the escalation in frequency and ferocity. I think for us to mix and match and play the suspect matching game, we need firstly an indepth profile of the perp, 2 we need to study those serials killers who have matched or come close to thier profile to truly understand their beginnings and then we may have a chance of unmasking JTR - but with out some kind of DNA evidence we never will. But I will say this on Dahmer, he got caught because he escalated his crimes to match the sexual desire and someone got away. Had of JD not been caught god knows how many he would have killed?

Cheers

Comment

You still have'nt run through the 11. We really want to know. Miss Marple

Comment

Annie Millwood
            Ada Wilson
            Emma Smith
            Martha Tabram
            Mary Ann Nichols
            Annie Chapman
            Susan Ward
            Liz Stride
            Catherine Eddowes
            The Whitehall Mystery
            Mary Kelly
            Annie Farmer
            Rose Mylett

All of which were in London in 1888.

There was "The Gateshead Murder", which initially reported as a possible "Jack the Ripper" attack, and was a case that Inspector Roots worked upon, but the killer, William Waddle, was arrested and tried for the murder.
            Regards Mike

Comment

Hi Mike
              I have seen the actual site where William Waddell was hanged on many an occasion.There is a house across the road from the prison where the old public hangings could be viewed from at a price.The iron balcony is still there today.Full of history,that place and I think there are three sites where hangings took place throughout the prison at various times throughout the years.
              All the best
              Rob

Comment

Mike, just a quickie and I hope the last time I'll have to say this ...Susan Ward fell on a broken bottle and cut her arm, she wasn't attacked.

Comment

Debs,

Damn, you beat me to it!

Bisney? Pinchin Street Torso?

Monty
                  Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

"I have seen the actual site where William Waddell was hanged on many an occasion."

Wow. Just how many times did they hang the poor guy?

c.d.

Comment

Comment

Yep.....it was a goodun!

..from me too!!

Comment

Jack the Ripper didn't commit all of the 11 Whitechapel murders. At the most, he probably only did about 8 of them and thats if you count Alice McKenzie and Frances Coles. He certainly didn't murder Emma Smith...
                          Best regards,
                          Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Jack View Post
                            Jack the Ripper didn't commit all of the 11 Whitechapel murders. At the most, he probably only did about 8 of them and thats if you count Alice McKenzie and Frances Coles. He certainly didn't murder Emma Smith...
                            Im grateful you dont espouse that Jack was also a quartet. You do seem to have already convinced yourself of the "facts".... so Im curious, what benefit is there for you in stating so here then?

We usually discuss various theories and ideas, go over researched data, pore over the literature and the press, and yet most here would not make such absolute remarks.

Best regards.

Comment

Originally posted by Debra A View Post
                              Mike, just a quickie and I hope the last time I'll have to say this ...Susan Ward fell on a broken bottle and cut her arm, she wasn't attacked.

But who put the bottle there?

That list is taken from the good old "JTR Encyclopedia" by Eddleston.
                              Regards Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X