Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More than just murder?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • More than just murder?

    Iam still thinking that there was definately more to these murders than just a random killing spree!. If it was just a man with a hatred for prostitutes or even just women in general why all the mutilations?. Entralils over the shoulder?, two upside down v shapes on catherine eddowes cheeks?, items laid out neatly at annie chapmans feet?, come on this to me was not just a crazy lunatic walking the streets there had to more to it.

  • #2
    Hi Mike,

    Not sure why the presence of extreme mutilations would decrease the likelihood of a "crazy lunatic" being involved. Could you elaborate?

    Cheers,
    Ben

    Comment


    • #3
      I just think they had some meaning, it's weird how a killer would disembowel a person and then throw the entrails over the shoulder!, what the hell for?, as i say i believe that there was a meaning to it all, more than just killing 5 prostitutes.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by mike74 View Post
        I just think they had some meaning, it's weird how a killer would disembowel a person and then throw the entrails over the shoulder!, what the hell for?, as i say i believe that there was a meaning to it all, more than just killing 5 prostitutes.
        Unless you want to go down the massonic route then I think the answer to that question is 'because he could'. If you are ripping bits of out people you have to throw them somewhere. I guess the shoulder was convienient.
        In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

        Comment


        • #5
          it's weird how a killer would disembowel a person and then throw the entrails over the shoulder!, what the hell for?
          To facillitate access to the organs most probably, Mike.

          Certainly he went far beyond mere execution, but I wouldn't read into the excess any "meaning" beyond the satisfaction he derived from murder and mutilation.

          Comment


          • #6
            Seconded, Kat and Ben!

            The only drive and urge I can see is the wish to open a woman up and get at her inside. The rest is all about practicalities, at least in the first cases.

            When it comes to Kate Eddowes, though, the facial mutilations could not possibly be practically based, so we are looking at something different there. And I think that what Dan Norder has suggested in a brilliant dissertation, that we are dealing with a killer who has started a communication with society to some extent (responding to the press reports), may apply here.

            The best!
            Fisherman

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
              Seconded, Kat and Ben!

              The only drive and urge I can see is the wish to open a woman up and get at her inside. The rest is all about practicalities, at least in the first cases.

              When it comes to Kate Eddowes, though, the facial mutilations could not possibly be practically based, so we are looking at something different there. And I think that what Dan Norder has suggested in a brilliant dissertation, that we are dealing with a killer who has started a communication with society to some extent (responding to the press reports), may apply here.

              The best!
              Fisherman

              Thanks Fisherman.
              I would agree that there does seem to be more to it when a killer attacks the face. That being said I guess if you are intent on cutting at a body you will go to what you can reach.
              In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

              Comment


              • #8
                I must be on my own here then, does everyone think the masonic/cover up was rubbish?

                Comment


                • #9
                  I'm afraid I do.
                  Have you read many other books? You might find getting some of the good general ones will give you a look at why so many people think the masonic conspiracy is bunk!
                  In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Why do you think it's bunk kat?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Swiftness

                      Guys,

                      The swiftness in the way he dispatched his victims indicates, to me anyways, that he wasnt interested in interacting with them. Therefore the goal was the body, not control or power.

                      Monty




                      Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

                      http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Purely out of interest, does anyone on this thread know of any other murder(s) in which the intestines of the victim(s) were thrown over the shoulder as per two of the Whitechapel killings?

                        Cheers,

                        Graham
                        We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          No Graham but, why take out the entrails? and place them ove rthe shoulder?, i know iam going back to this masonic stuff but i really think it could have been possible. If you look into freemasonry you can see that the disembowling does take place in masonic rituals AND placed over the shoulder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by mike74 View Post
                            I must be on my own here then, does everyone think the masonic/cover up was rubbish?
                            Yes.. Rubbish.. To quote F. Lee Bailey: "Its ten pounds of hogwash in a five pound bag."

                            As far as if there was some meaning behind the Murders like shocking Society or anything like that. It dont seem plausible. I know of no one who would start out killing Prostitutes for anything other than to victimize them. They usually kill them because no one cares.

                            When I take a Modern Profiling Perspective of at least the "C5" Murders it looks like one Man who is a Pscychopathic Serial Killer who kills for no other reason than his own.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              No Graham but, why take out the entrails? and place them ove rthe shoulder?,
                              I just told you, Mike - to facillitate access to the internal organs. He was simply bunging the intestines out of the way.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X