No announcement yet.

120th Anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get arter 'im, you lot. 'e can't 'ave got far in 120 years, given the state of the trains.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
      Phillip Hutchinson is the expert in the "Ripper/Ghost" field.
      It's true; it's true!

I was visualizing a cadre of Ripperologists all sitting around trying to channel Polly.

As for "Accorda" he is a snappy dresser, and wonderful actor, but I draw the line there.

Twitchy!
      "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzi View Post
        Oooooooooooooh Gawd- The Accora unpleasantness is more than what passes for my sanity can bear!!!

Hmmmmmm.. Yes-It's 120 Years since poor Polly toddled off from The Frying Pan with her 'jolly bonnet'
        in search of 4d- Here's to Poor Pol 'eh...There but for the grace etc etc etc

Cheers Polly!!!

AND- things happen quickly from here on in--- Let's not forget the girls 'eh

They are our raison d'aitre (!) after all -and if it wasn't for us knowing the ins and outs of their lives (probably more than they did), they would never have existed at all in the way of things--- would they..A ghastly way of going into history -but probably more than they even thought of...4d being more important -especially if there was 1d left over for a pre going to bed gin!!

The girls (although to be honest if we met them we'd probably be terrified of them) must never be forgotten!

I've got 20d ready here - 4d each!!!!---mind you that could be a few gins and a 'night on the line' or 'Carrying the Banner'! with a smile at first and then being damned cold and wet and miserable with very little hope afterwards...Blessem........

Suzi x

PS Celesta So do I...mind you can you imagine the screening if Mary did.....must go and get my retina's checked!!! xxx

I know people who are living right on the edge, Suzi, but those women were so far beyond that that it's hard to imagine. I guess some would be scary, some would be less.
        "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Dear Polly, poor thing. But she managed to attain such fame that history will never forget her.

Comment

so, did any fellow Ripperologist from London go into Durward Street at 3.40AM tonight? That must be an incredible feeling, standing at the exact spot of the murder, looking over to the old board school and inhaling the chilly night air.
            In heaven I am a wild ox
            On earth I am a lion
            A jester from hell and shadows almighty
            The scientist of darkness
            Older than the constellations
            The mysterious jinx and the error in heaven's masterplan

Comment

Originally posted by Hellrider View Post
              so, did any fellow Ripperologist from London go into Durward Street at 3.40AM tonight? That must be an incredible feeling, standing at the exact spot of the murder, looking over to the old board school and inhaling the chilly night air.
              Hi HR,

There are people here who have done these things!

Comment

Originally posted by mike74 View Post
                Tomorrow is the 120th anniversary of the first murder!. Wonder if polly nichols ghost will appear!
                In the last half hour of the 120th year anniversary of her evisceration I would like to say thankyou Polly for your whoring ways have brought us all together and we are safe in common knowledge. May you rest in peace.

Comment

Working...
                X