Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Observer View Post
    Hi

With respect my freinds, if you look at the available evidence there's nothing to suggest that there was more than one person responsible for the crimes.

all the best

Observer
    I think most of us agree with that but were looking at the other posibilities.
    In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

Comment

Sorry for stating the obvious Kat

But in answer to your post what other possibilites?

Dosn't the scanty evidence that we have point to a lone killer, I'm thinking of Lawendes sighting here, and possibly Mr's Longs?

all the best

Observer

Comment

Originally posted by Observer View Post
        Sorry for stating the obvious Kat

But in answer to your post what other possibilites?

Dosn't the scanty evidence that we have point to a lone killer, I'm thinking of Lawendes sighting here, and possibly Mr's Longs?

all the best

Observer
        Hey I am with you!! But there was an interesting earlier thread about it.
        In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

Comment

Hi

Sorry you're right this is a Forum after all

all the best

Observer

Comment

.......the Whole Point Of A Lookout, Is That You Don't See 'em!!

Comment

Originally posted by anna View Post
              ...with which the stygian blackness of Jack's London would have helped no end. Of course, it cuts both ways - if the lookout could not be seen, then perhaps he couldn't see any potential intruders until it was too late. Police didn't have their lamps on all the time. Furthermore, Jack would have been hard-pressed to find a lookout that could function all that well in the narrow alleys and courts of the Victorian East End, for the ability to see around corners wasn't a feature too many men possessed at that time. Neither was the ability to be in three places at once - a prerequisite, one would have thought, for keeping watch over the entrances to Mitre Square.
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Hi Anna

A lookout wouldn't have been much good in Annie Chapmans murder though would he, or she? If anyone had turned up while he was at work in the backyard he woulld have been in the clarts lookout or not. Same with Mary Kelly.

all the best

Observer

Comment

What baffles me is, heres the murderer leaning over the victim mutilating her, and at any moment someone could come up behind his back and catch him!. I find it impossible, some of these streets were patrolled by police, in mitre square it was patrolled every 15 minutes. How the hell then could this guy be murdering and mutilating this woman within this time, nobody seeing or hearing anything and locating her organs, (kidney) and removing it in the darkest corner of the square?.

Comment

Originally posted by mike74 View Post
                    How the hell then could this guy be murdering and mutilating this woman within this time, nobody seeing or hearing anything and locating her organs, (kidney) and removing it in the darkest corner of the square?.
                    Jack was nimble, Jack was quick... an accomplice would have been not only of limited utility, but perhaps more of a hindrance than a help for such a fast worker.
                    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Good point Observer....

No 29 wouldn't be so difficult....if they stood in the corridor,to tell any woman about to bring her client through,that the door was locked,say for instance,off of the top of my head...didn't we once discuss Jack jumping over fences,to escape??
                      Actually that's something I have been wondering about....if that door stays open...would it mean that more than one couple would be using that yard at the same time...or did they have a signal that it was in use.If say,the door closed,meant "don't come through".Because that yard would be some "love in", if all and sundry got in there together...and would make those windows that overlooked it, one hell of a profit incentive...voyeurist wise.
                      With Mary's room....dunno...perhaps someone else has some thoughts.

Comment

Hi Sam....
                        Point taken.....
                        I had put Druitt in that role,as I felt it would suit him better as an accomplace rather than Jack.....he ticks all the right boxes for that,aswell.
                        Sporty..also nimble and strong,to aid Jack if it comes to manouvering victims
                        quickly...medical,to offer advice if necessary,local...minories and seen wandering area.

Comment

I had put Druitt in that role,as I felt it would suit him better as an accomplace rather than Jack.....he ticks all the right boxes for that, aswell.
                          Unfortunately, Anna, neither he nor any other accomplice would have been capable of monitoring Church Passage, St James's Place and Mitre Street at the same time.
                          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Maybe Druitt was a schizophrenic after all?

I once saw a man in Edinburgh, who chuckling walked up to a sandwich-woman, carrying boards saying "Help the scizophrenics", and collecting money. The man leant forward, dropped a coin in her box and said: Here´s ten p for each of you, dear!"...

The best,
                            Fisherman

Comment

I strongly believe that JTR was a guy that worked in one of the many local slaughterhouses, he would have had the right tools for the job, it would explain the quick way in which he carried out the murders (slaughtermen work fast) also if a known slaughterman has blood on him it wouldnt look out of the ordinary to his wife, friends etc.. if he worked through the night he could have been starting or finishing a shift or even on a teabreak!

Comment

Hi All I am new to the forum so apologies if my views aren't up to scratch but I have been following publications etc for some time on the Ripper Murders and am now (like many others) hooked on the mystery surrounding them.

Mike I have to agree with your comment on the 15 minute issue - even a skilled surgeon/slaughterman/butcher would have great difficulty carrying his work out in darkness with such little time. One thing which has always puzzled me is that we know the constable was on his rounds when he came back to the body and he swears he took his regular 15 minute circuit but is there any proof for this? If the constable was pre-occupied, returned to see the body and realised his delay had resulted in another get away murder he may have stuck to the 15 minute claim to save his own neck. I will of course withdraw my suggestion if there is certain proof he took 15 minutes. This would give his perhaps more time to escape
                                In my ignorance the witness reports do seem fairly different in description. The deer stalker hat appears a number of times - as does the sailor and a well dressed gentleman towards the end. Either it was just common fashion of the time (which is probable) or these characters suggest more than 1 was present in some instances? The night of two murders suggests either a man who didnt get what he wanted on his first killing or two men going solo - it would be interesting to see if there were distinct differences between the two murders on that night.

Comment

Working...
                                X