Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

penury

Hello Sox.

"Nichols, Chapman, Stride, Eddowes & Kelly were all killed by the same individual."

Well, don't forget how difficult dollars are to come by these days.

The best.
    LC

Comment

The evidence in 80% of the victims attributed to the Ripper are devoid of any obvious physical or circumstantial evidence that Jack knew any of them before the night he kills them.

The intimate location alone, coupled with the fact that it appears Marys killer entered the courtyard alone, suggests that this killer knew of this victim, and where to find her. Since he only supposedly pick up women who are actively soliciting outdoors, Mary being perhaps asleep in her own bed when he arrives suggests some knowledge of each other....the lack of any screams or struggles being heard backs that up.

Cheers cd, all.

Comment

Originally posted by perrymason View Post
        The evidence in 80% of the victims attributed to the Ripper are devoid of any obvious physical or circumstantial evidence that Jack knew any of them before the night he kills them.
        They all died withing easy walking-distance of one another, irrespective of indoor or outdoor location, so it's possible (though very, very unlikely IMO) that the same person could have known them all, e.g. from drinking in the same pubs. On the other hand, and more realistically, there is no reason to suppose that Kelly was any less of a stranger to him than any of the others - unless one allows fanciful speculation to sabotage one's critical faculties.
        The intimate location alone
        No less intimate than the runway to the outhouse at 29 Hanbury Street, when people were waking up and going for a wazz before heading off for work.
        Since he only supposedly pick up women who are actively soliciting outdoors
        Mary worked outdoors.
        Mary being perhaps asleep in her own bed when he arrives suggests some knowledge of each other
        "Perhaps" being the operative word.
        the lack of any screams or struggles being heard backs that up.
        A scream - or possibly two - was heard, though.
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

She is hiding.......

I bet there is a clear record of Mary Kelly, but she is hiding. Whether as another name or just as herself with a different story, she is there. We just won't find her....
          In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

Comment

Originally posted by corey123 View Post
            I bet my bottom dollar that Jack the Ripper will never be known.
            I`ll go with that. At least, not in my lifetimmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by KatBradshaw View Post
              I bet there is a clear record of Mary Kelly, but she is hiding. Whether as another name or just as herself with a different story, she is there. We just won't find her....
              If her Irish background was at all based in some facts, who knows, something may well exist about the young woman in room 13 in some file somewhere. There are files that exist that will not be open to anyone's viewing anytime soon...maybe somethings in there.

And my apologies for continually referring to you as Kate, Kat.....just a stupid repetitive error.

My best regards

Comment

Nice thread

My #1 belief after 45 years of studying this stuff is that the JTR case was wrapped up sometime before the murder of Alice MacKenzie who was, on the face of it, an archetypal, copper bottomed Ripper victim.

Not that I expect anyone here to agree with me though.
                allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Not so fast Mr Thomas,

The JtR case was all done and dusted before the 20th November 1888 attack on Annie Farmer.

Regards,

Simon
                  Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Thanks Simon

Yes, similar and unwarranted and even earlier Met indifference there.
                    Last edited by Stephen Thomas; 12-28-2009, 09:59 PM.
                    allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Originally posted by Perry Mason

... Mary being perhaps asleep in her own bed when he arrives suggests some knowledge of each other....the lack of any screams or struggles being heard backs that up.

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                      A scream - or possibly two - was heard, though.
                      The evidence shows that MK did struggle as her hands were cut... but perhaps this is best for another thread.

Best Wishes,
                      Hunter
                      Best Wishes,
                      Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

Originally posted by perrymason View Post
                        And my apologies for continually referring to you as Kate, Kat.....just a stupid repetitive error.

My best regards
                        Actually I am Kate. Kat was a nickname I had at Uni and it has stuck as my email address and so my log in for a lot of things.

As for the Irish records. We have been researching my mother's family, part of which comes from Cork. The problem we have is that they were protestants and the records in the protestant churches in the south were not as well preserved (or should that be presarved) as the Catholic ones. Mery was a Catholic though and most of the parish churches will have their baptism registers, which I think it would be safe to say she would have been. The problem would come from linking her to a church and proving the link to our Mary Kelly.
                        The main problem we are having is that my Mum's family is from Northern Ireland mostly and many of the records were destroyed in a fire in 1921.
                        In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

Comment

I bet my bottom dollar that the Ripper was none of the suspects we've heard of.

Comment

Working...
                          X