Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Necro-sadism

Hi all,
    some time ago, Dan Norder defined Jack as a "necro-sadist".
    I myself am very ignorant about this concept, but it would be definitely useful to be able to put our killer in such a category. Indeed, that would put an end to the various speculations about his motives.
    Can we learn more about this concept of "necro-sadism", first, and then, does everybody agree with such a definition of Jack?

Amitiés,
    David

DVV,

I think it is hard for us to agree on anything here.

Mike
    huh?

Comment

Sorry Good Michael,
      agreeing on what?
      Dan Norder has categorized JtR as a necro-sadist, and I'm just asking what is necro-sadism exactly. (And I mentionned that I don't know what that means.)
      So, if you have knowledge about this concept, please, share it and explain why, or why not, it fits JtR profile in your opinion.

Amitiés,
      David

Comment

from the term itself ("Necro"=dead; "Sadism" = gaining pleasure by inflicting pain upon somebody), I would guess it means that Jack gained (sexual) pleasure by mutilating and destroying a human corpse
        In heaven I am a wild ox
        On earth I am a lion
        A jester from hell and shadows almighty
        The scientist of darkness
        Older than the constellations
        The mysterious jinx and the error in heaven's masterplan

Comment

Originally posted by Hellrider View Post
          from the term itself ("Necro"=dead; "Sadism" = gaining pleasure by inflicting pain upon somebody), I would guess it means that Jack gained (sexual) pleasure by mutilating and destroying a human corpse
          Logical enough, Hellrider. Yet you certainly notice the paradox ("pain inflicted to a corpse"...).
          What is sure is that Dan Norder has not created this concept. So it will be interesting to know more about it, and to know also to which modern serial killers it applies, so that we could compare.

Amitiés,
          David

Comment

The "pain" is not to be taken in the literary sense. Jack wants to destroy and while other killers want their victims to die painfully, Jack wants them to die quickly and come to the part he enjoys the most.
            In heaven I am a wild ox
            On earth I am a lion

Comment

Don't forget we try here to discuss "necrosadism" as a concept of criminology...before we can, or not, aplly it to JtR...

Comment

On the internet, I found the definition: "Sexual gratification derived by mutilating corpses". But I could not find anything about other famous killers being unanimously categorized as necrosadists.
                In heaven I am a wild ox
                On earth I am a lion

Comment

"Somebody, somewhere, must know something..." (Abberline/Caine

Comment

Hi Hellrider and all,
                    just found a necrosadist:
                    Victor Ardisson, born in 1872, and nicknamed the "Vampire of the Muy" (Le Muy being a lttle provençal village very close to where I live). Convicted of more than 100 acts of necrophilia and necrosadism.
                    His job was...undertaker.
                    The problem here is the fact that he was both a necrosadist and a necrophiliac (he mutilated corpses but also raped them, and kept the head of a young girl near to his bed, and used to kiss it and called it "ma fiancée"...), while Jack is not a necrophiliac, as far as we know.

Comment

Hello DVV!

No, but pretty obviously he was a misogynist of some sort.

All the best
                      Jukka
                      "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Yes Jukka,
                        However, some people at the time (and surely nowadays as well), did not wholly consider prostitutes as "women"...which makes them, somehow, unconscious misogynists...

Amitiés,
                        David

Comment

Having taken a quick look on the Internet regarding necro-sadism, it turned out that the word is constantly wrongly used and confused with necrophilia.
                          That was the case with Victor Ardisson, described as necro-sadisd and necrophiliac by wikipedia.
                          Then I read a report written by the doctor who examined him when he was in prison at Draguignan, and it became clear that the guy was a perfect necrophiliac - that was all.

Comment

Jeffrey Dahmer
                            huh?

Comment

For what it's worth- In Ann Rule's book "The Stranger Beside Me" she mentions how Ted Bundy returned to the bodies of some of his victims in Utah after having killed them and applied garish makeup to their faces as if playing with them like dolls. Not that far removed, perhaps, from the post-mortem cutting of the faces of Catherine Eddowes and Mary Kelly?

Comment

Working...
                              X