Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eddowes' Shawl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Eddowes' Shawl

    I read NAMIMG JACK THE RIPPER the other day. Now I've heard the dna evidence for Kosminski has been called into question. But what of the evidence for the shawl belonging to Eddowes?

    I see no mention of that being debunked.

    The shawl is said to bear a pattern of daisies and lilies.

    The lily is sacred to venus.

    "Lily. To the ancient Egyptians, the trumpet-shaped lily was a symbol of Upper Egypt, the southern part of the country. In the ancient Near East, the lily was associated with Ishtar, also known as Astarte, who was a goddess of creation and fertility as well as a virgin. The Greeks and Romans linked the lily with the queen of the gods, called Hera by the Greeks and Juno by the Romans. The lily was also one of the symbols of the Roman goddess Venus.

    In later times, Christians adopted the lily as the symbol of Mary who became the mother of Jesus while still a virgin. Painters often portrayed the angel Gabriel handing Mary a lily, which became a Christian symbol of purity. Besides being linked to Mary, the lily was also associated with virgin saints and other figures of exceptional chastity."


    http://www.mythencyclopedia.com/Fi-G...#ixzz5X1YaX6WT


    Which backs up my theory that the murders were a spell to Venus.

    https://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?t=10962

    Russell Edwards, author of the above mentioned book, says the ripper left the shawl there as a clue. It certainly seems a nice garment for a prostitute to be wearing.

  • #2
    Originally posted by albie View Post
    I read NAMIMG JACK THE RIPPER the other day. Now I've heard the dna evidence for Kosminski has been called into question. But what of the evidence for the shawl belonging to Eddowes?

    I see no mention of that being debunked.
    There's no mention of it in the detailed contemporary inventory of Eddowes' possessions, nor was it mentioned by anyone who attended the murder scene. On that basis, it neither belonged to Eddowes nor was it left behind by any "woo-woo symbolic" killer.
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

    "Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
      There's no mention of it in the detailed contemporary inventory of Eddowes' possessions, nor was it mentioned by anyone who attended the murder scene. On that basis, it neither belonged to Eddowes nor was it left behind by any "woo-woo symbolic" killer.
      You party-crasher you. I have Nichols´ left boot, two pairs of shiny gloves belonging to Kelly and Annie Chapmans Dior dress, and nobody is going to tell me I can´t cash in on them!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
        You party-crasher you. I have Nichols´ left boot, two pairs of shiny gloves belonging to Kelly and Annie Chapmans Dior dress, and nobody is going to tell me I can´t cash in on them!
        And I bet Ed's got a photo of Charlie wearing them.

        Comment


        • #5
          Donald Rumbelow has you all beat.

          He has the rippers' knife.
          Bona fide canonical and then some.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
            You party-crasher you. I have Nichols´ left boot, two pairs of shiny gloves belonging to Kelly and Annie Chapmans Dior dress, and nobody is going to tell me I can´t cash in on them!
            Hmmm... that's quite a collection of trophies you've got there, Fish. What were you doing during the latter quarter of 1888?
            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

            "Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

            Comment


            • #7
              Russell Edwards, author of the above mentioned book, says the ripper left the shawl there as a clue. It certainly seems a nice garment for a prostitute to be wearing.
              Albie, she had just returned from hop picking and pawned everything but the kitchen sink. I am sure that the shawl would have gone in the pawn shop if it had been hers. Russell said that Kozminski had given it to her. I think if he had, he would have took it back as it would have been evidence against him.

              There is no evidence at all that it belonged to her unfortunately.
              Pat.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                Albie, she had just returned from hop picking and pawned everything but the kitchen sink. I am sure that the shawl would have gone in the pawn shop if it had been hers. Russell said that Kozminski had given it to her. I think if he had, he would have took it back as it would have been evidence against him.

                There is no evidence at all that it belonged to her unfortunately.
                Pat.
                No evidence but the dna match to her living descendant. I would call that pretty good evidence. Maybe a cop stole it before anyone could log her items.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by albie View Post
                  No evidence but the dna match to her living descendant. I would call that pretty good evidence. Maybe a cop stole it before anyone could log her items.
                  It's mitochondrial DNA, which is less precise, and shared with a large population group.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    its nor even a shawl but a table runner.

                    miss marple

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                      It's mitochondrial DNA, which is less precise, and shared with a large population group.
                      Not that large. It was a shawl with human blood on it said to belong to a ripper victim.

                      What are the chances?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        As has been pointed out by Miss Marple, it's not even certain that it's a shawl.
                        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

                        "Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                          As has been pointed out by Miss Marple, it's not even certain that it's a shawl.
                          Russel Edwards showed it to shawl experts who did not jump up and say "That's a tea cosy!"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by albie View Post
                            Russel Edwards showed it to shawl experts who did not jump up and say "That's a tea cosy!"
                            It might be what's called a table runner.

                            I've seen it myself, by the way.
                            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

                            "Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by albie View Post
                              Not that large. It was a shawl with human blood on it said to belong to a ripper victim.

                              What are the chances?
                              Said ,supposedly by DNA which was proven to be 110% wrong
                              G U T

                              There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X