Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F. Paine, from Claybury

Hi all,
    any info available about Dr F. Paine, who issued the death certificate of Jo Fleming?

As a reminder: "Certified by F. Paine, acting Medical Superintendent, Claybury Mental Hospital, Ilford, 1 Sept 1920."

Many thanks
    David

Hopefully waiting for info, I can't help guessing dear Dr Paine Christian name.
    Was it Francis?
    Frank?
    Farouk?
    François?
    Ferdinand?
    Froggy?
    Frisé?
    Fidel?
    Fidelio?
    Fistule?
    Fakir?
    Fairy Fay?
    Fouad?
    Florent?
    Fox?
    Fatty?
    Freak?
    Fontain?
    Felipe?
    Fu Manchu?

Fistule would be good enough for a doctor, but still Francis is more likely.

Comment

David!

If you are a doctor called "Paine", then surely you don´t need the "Fistule" too...?

The best,
      Fisherman

Comment

Agreed again Fish!
        What happens today?

Amitiés,
        David

Comment

Nothing much, David - it´s monday and I am spending useless time on another thread.
          ...which is why I welcome exchanging with you, for a change!

By the way, I think you left out "Frederick" from the F-list. T´was quite common a name back then. Looking for the F-word would not have been, though, among the Victorians...

The best!
          Fisherman

Comment

Hi again Fish,
            true, I forgot Frederick!
            About the "other thread", I know it's none of my business, but I'm sincerely sorry with what I read, since I respect both of you.

Amitiés,
            David

Comment

I can understand that, David. And since it is all published publically on the boards, I would not say that it is not your business - it is everybodys business to some extent, given that fact.
              I accept my responsibility in the whole wretched business - I could have refrained from some of it, I suppose. Ben and I are both too bloody hot-headed to make for a good marriage, obviously.

The one thing I have to say for myself is that I genuinely believe that I would have dealt more sensibly with things if my honest efforts to illustrate my stance on the question had not been mocked and called "bogus", "wilfully misleading", "inapplicable", "misappropriating", "unhelpful" and "alienating".

Taking the example with the picture of the boy on the bed, it was posted to verify that the distances I had outlined were roughly right, as well as to prove that a doubled up tabloid could be hidden behind head and neck. If I had been presented with such material, I sincerely hope that my reaction would be to recognize that a point or two had been substantiated, instead of calling it the things mentioned above.

All of this, though, serves a heck of a lot better as an explanation than as an excuse. The latter you have by now, as has anybody who reads this.

The best,
              Fisherman

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                By the way, I think you left out "Frederick" from the F-list. T´was quite common a name back then. Looking for the F-word would not have been, though, among the Victorians...
                The best!
                Fisherman
                Hi Fish,
                I found it! (got the info from a distinguished member, to be honest).
                And that was Frederick Paine.
                Congratulations, Swedish shaman!

Amitiés,
                David

Comment

Working...
                X