Popup Banner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popup Banner?

Every time the page changes I get this popup banner at the bottom, it didn't used to be there. Is there any way to turn it off, many other websites don't have it.
    Thanks, Jon
    Regards, Jon S.

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
    Every time the page changes I get this popup banner at the bottom, it didn't used to be there. Is there any way to turn it off, many other websites don't have it.
    Thanks, Jon
    Please post a screen shot so we can see what the problem is.
    Why a four-year-old child could understand this report! Run out and find me a four-year-old child, I can't make head or tail of it.

Comment

I suspect you need an add blocker I get it on one iPad, not on the computer
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

I think that this might be the one that Wick is talking about? Click image for larger version

Name:	23567972-DF65-4513-8C6B-BE8DAEC0CE86.png
Views:	425
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	785924
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

That’s blurred I’m afraid but it’s about cookie settings (bottom left). God knows why my iPad is asking about biscuits.
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
            I suspect you need an add blocker I get it on one iPad, not on the computer
            This white banner-add across the bottom, it never used to be there, and JTRForums doesn't have it.

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

I’d forgotten about that one. It comes up on my iPad but not very often.
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

I love Casebook and it's one of the very few sites that I have AdBlock switched off for, but I can't live with that horrible ad banner anymore! It's the way it unfolds slowly every time you go to a new page.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	G1JU4Ii.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	785972

Comment

Maybe it's Firefox, I just logged on using Microsoft Edge, no pop-up banner now.
                  Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Is it me, but today for the very first time, these pop-up ads have caused a real problem when trying to post. What has been happening is that I click onto the forum and an ad pops up. I click on it to disappear and it does and I answer the question posed by clicking on the ‘not interested in this ad’ bit and it goes away. Then when I click on a particular thread another ad immediately appears but this one just won’t react when I click on the x. In fact the page either freezes or when I drag the screen down, everything disappears so I get half a screen of green; as if all the words/images have been erased.

Can anyone explain this or suggest a solution? After switching my iPad on and off and logging in and out I can eventually post but this is becoming a major issue. If this continues it will be pretty much impossible to post on here (yes some might applaud that in my case but still…)
                    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                      Is it me, but today for the very first time, these pop-up ads have caused a real problem when trying to post. What has been happening is that I click onto the forum and an ad pops up. I click on it to disappear and it does and I answer the question posed by clicking on the ‘not interested in this ad’ bit and it goes away. Then when I click on a particular thread another ad immediately appears but this one just won’t react when I click on the x. In fact the page either freezes or when I drag the screen down, everything disappears so I get half a screen of green; as if all the words/images have been erased.

Can anyone explain this or suggest a solution? After switching my iPad on and off and logging in and out I can eventually post but this is becoming a major issue. If this continues it will be pretty much impossible to post on here (yes some might applaud that in my case but still…)
                      Are you using Safari's browser?

Let all Oz be agreed;
                      I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

I downloaded Adguard Adblocker, - its free.
                        I stayed with Firefox.
                        No pop-ups or adds anywhere now.
                        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post

Are you using Safari's browser?
                          No I’m using Chrome Ally. I never bother using Safari.
                          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

I downloaded Adguard Adblocker, - its free.
                            I stayed with Firefox.
                            No pop-ups or adds anywhere now.
                            Cheers Wick, I’m using an iPad though. Does this fact come into it?
                            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

I don’t like to speak too soon but the issue that was occurring yesterday isn’t happening so far today. Weird. But that’s technology in my cave.
                              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
                              X