Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bizarre format of post, and loss of edit/quote functions

Hi,

When I was posting a reply, and used the /quote and quote functions in doing so (as I've done many times before), I may have somehow made a typo or something, and the format of the resulting post goes strange, where half my response ignores the left boarder (where poster information is shown, etc; basically, it goes wider than it should).

Here's the offending post of mine:

I tried to edit it immediately afterwards, but the edit option won't work for me. I tried to quote Herlock when he confirmed it looks weird on his screen too, but I cannot quote him.

When I posted underneath, I then tried to edit and quote that post, but neither function is working for me anymore (though I can still create new posts).

I've logged out and back in, to see if that resets anything, but to no avail.

I seem to have somehow broken my edit/quote abilities.

- Jeff

Originally posted by JeffHamm View Post
    Hi,

When I was posting a reply, and used the /quote and quote functions in doing so (as I've done many times before), I may have somehow made a typo or something, and the format of the resulting post goes strange, where half my response ignores the left boarder (where poster information is shown, etc; basically, it goes wider than it should).

Here's the offending post of mine:

I tried to edit it immediately afterwards, but the edit option won't work for me. I tried to quote Herlock when he confirmed it looks weird on his screen too, but I cannot quote him.

When I posted underneath, I then tried to edit and quote that post, but neither function is working for me anymore (though I can still create new posts).

I've logged out and back in, to see if that resets anything, but to no avail.

I seem to have somehow broken my edit/quote abilities.

- Jeff
    And now I can quote again! In the thread above, a new page has been generated, and that seems to have resulted in restoring my functionality.

- Jeff

Comment

Congratulations, you broke Casebook! Just kidding, there was a bug that your list feature somehow triggered, but we have fixed it and it should be functioning normally now.

Comment

Jeff- Did you report the post?
        It was flagged (by a person or the software) for Admin to look at for moderation.
        I "approved" it. But I don't know what happened.

JM

Comment

Originally posted by jmenges View Post
          Jeff- Did you report the post?
          It was flagged (by a person or the software) for Admin to look at for moderation.
          I "approved" it. But I don't know what happened.

JM
          No, I didn't flag it (is that what the flag is for?), but maybe someone or the software did noting the issue it caused. It appears it was corrected though and it all looks right now.

- Jeff

P.S. I PM'd you awhile back about a submission, did you get it?

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
            Congratulations, you broke Casebook! Just kidding, there was a bug that your list feature somehow triggered, but we have fixed it and it should be functioning normally now.
            Yes.

What she said.

JM

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
              Yes, it all looks good again. Thanks.

- Jeff

Comment

P.S. I PM'd you awhile back about a submission, did you get it?
                Thanks for the heads up. I just replied.

JM

Comment

And now I can quote again! In the thread above, a new page has been generated, and that seems to have resulted in restoring my functionality.

- Jeff
                  Do you exchange emails with the Kremlin by any chance Jeff
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Working...
                  X