Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote option issue?

Hi all,

Since last night, the quote option is no longer working for me? I made a post (top of page 67 of the "Jack's Escape from Mitre Square" thread) which acted strangely and it doesn't show me as the poster on the left hand side, and has a huge blank space to start the post". Since then, I've been able to post new items, but I can't utilize the quote option.

I've just logged out and back into my account, to see if that might help, but still the same issue. I just click quote and nothing happens.

I'm on Windows 10, using Chrome, and have never had any issue in the past. Anyone else experiencing this?

- Jeff

No, the Quote has always worked fine.
    Try another Browser, some are having troubles because there's so many people on line at one time, too many off work.
    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
      No, the Quote has always worked fine.
      Try another Browser, some are having troubles because there's so many people on line at one time, too many off work.
      ha ha! Go figure, seems to work now. Hmmm, will try testing it in the above thread again though, to see if it's just there that it's being problematic. Thanks for the suggestion though, but I've not changed anything and it's working here.

- Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by JeffHamm View Post

ha ha! Go figure, seems to work now. Hmmm, will try testing it in the above thread again though, to see if it's just there that it's being problematic. Thanks for the suggestion though, but I've not changed anything and it's working here.

- Jeff
        Ok, just tried quoting in the Jack's Escape thread, and it is still not working for me there, so it seems to be a problem limited to that thread (and possibly just to posts on page, where I've got that one weird post with the huge blank and no side bar attribution).

Nope, not just that page. Another odd thing I've noticed about the "blank post", is that the last post on page 66 is #990, my post with the huge blank header also doesn't show a post number, and my post after it is post #1000. So it's as if posts #991-999 are missing for me? Is that the case for other people too?

- Jeff

Comment

Final update, in case it helps sort out what's going on. I was trying to reply to a post on page 67, and the quote wouldn't work. My reply has progressed the thread to page 68, with my post being the first on that page. I can now quote that post of mine fine, and apparently, now I can quote the post I wanted to from page 67 again as well. So either the updating to a new page has reset something, or whatever temporary gremlin had housed itself in my connection has moved on elsewhere. Either way, things seem better now.

- Jeff

Comment

People are tired of the Jack's Escape from Mitre Square thread anyway. Just read my account -- that should be the final word on the subject.

Comment

Working...
            X