Amber bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amber bars

I notice we now have little bars by our name, a few have amber ones, but most have none.can someone explain what these are?

Steve

Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
    I notice we now have little bars by our name, a few have amber ones, but most have none.can someone explain what these are?

Steve
    Hello Steve,

‘’I’ve been told that it’s something to do with how many ‘‘’likes’’’ you get.

Remarkably I seem to have the most bars! I knew it was a good idea to get my mom to join the Forum.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Thanks Herlock,

Good to see I am in some great company on nothing.

Steve

Comment

I think the amber bars were related to "likes", but that their functioning was shut off many years ago so they no longer accumulate. My account was still available for me to log back into, and while my previous post count was lost during the crash, my bars remained but have not changed since. Of course, it could be I'm less popular now that I'm an old man. Bunch of ageists! (that's a joke by the way )

- Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by JeffHamm View Post
          I think the amber bars were related to "likes", but that their functioning was shut off many years ago so they no longer accumulate. My account was still available for me to log back into, and while my previous post count was lost during the crash, my bars remained but have not changed since. Of course, it could be I'm less popular now that I'm an old man. Bunch of ageists! (that's a joke by the way )

- Jeff
          My bars have only accumulated very recently Jeff.
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
            Thanks Herlock,

Good to see I am in some great company on nothing.

Steve
            I seem to wind a few people up (unintentionally of course) so I’m surprised at the bars. Good job there aren’t ‘dislikes.’ No one would get near me.
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

My bars have only accumulated very recently Jeff.
              Oh really? Guess they're working then. I had recalled it being mentioned they were disabled years ago, but perhaps it was temporarily. (or perhaps my fool brain is just making up stuff again - I've found it's a bit of a liar when I double check on its information).

- Jeff

Comment

I thought amber bars were Aussie pubs selling Foster's.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                  I thought amber bars were Aussie pubs selling Foster's.
                  Few and far between.
                  G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffHamm View Post

Oh really? Guess they're working then. I had recalled it being mentioned they were disabled years ago, but perhaps it was temporarily. (or perhaps my fool brain is just making up stuff again - I've found it's a bit of a liar when I double check on its information).

- Jeff
                    You’re sowing the seeds of doubt now Jeff. I’ve certainly been guilty of being certain of facts until I checked and found that I was wrong. So it may be that I only just noticed them but I’m pretty confident that my bars have only recently appeared.

There’s only one thing that I’m certain of and that’s that no one would admit to have ‘liked’ one of my posts.
                    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

You’re sowing the seeds of doubt now Jeff.
                      Then my job is done.

I’ve certainly been guilty of being certain of facts until I checked and found that I was wrong. So it may be that I only just noticed them but I’m pretty confident that my bars have only recently appeared.

There’s only one thing that I’m certain of and that’s that no one would admit to have ‘liked’ one of my posts.
                      That like to your post wasn't me!

- Jeff

Comment

Hi all,

Just updating on this. I've been eyeing my amber bars to see if they changed, and I see that they have, so they do appearing to be doing something. What they reflect, I fear to ask.

- Jeff

Comment

As an experiment, I just gave Robert two amber bars (he deserves more). He now owes me two cans of Fosters.

Comment

Thanks Roger. I'm repaying you handsomely with 12 gold ones :

Knebworth, Hertfordshire, Saturday, June 30th, 1990. In aid of the Nordoff-Robbins Music Therapy Centre for providing music therapy for handicapped children...

Comment

How does one start a new topic post instead of replying to one . like AMBER BARS . THANKS
                              'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

Working...
                              X