Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is the Other Mysteries subforum invisible on my account, but not when logged off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is the Other Mysteries subforum invisible on my account, but not when logged off?

This is honestly confusing me. I read something about it being locked to posters who were unestablished due to it being a common target for pointless messages in the past, but does a threat to the forum actually exist if unestablished users can view the subforum with posting privileges disabled until they establish themselves that is eliminated when they are blocked from viewing the subforum considering that the subforum is visible to anyone who is logged off?

Well it appears that I can view the subforum while logged in now.

Comment

Hi, I too cannot sadly see this subforum - although had read close to the 200+ pages of the locked William Wallace thread before signing up. Now I can't read the climax of it! (Eek!)

Comment

I don’t understand this. I have always been able to see the Other Mysteries sub-Forum so I can’t understand why it shouldn’t appear to everyone. The closed Wallace thread does appear to have been cut-off at post #181 though. I’m unsure why though I don’t need to re-read it as it is seared into my brain forever.
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Hehe, sorry to remind you of it, Herkock. I admired your input to that particular thread and er, deftly dealing with other... ...characters. :-)

Just wish I could peruse the sub-forum to read some of the other meaty threads I spotted.

Comment

Originally posted by FriedBrotato View Post
            Hehe, sorry to remind you of it, Herkock. I admired your input to that particular thread and er, deftly dealing with other... ...characters. :-)

Just wish I could peruse the sub-forum to read some of the other meaty threads I spotted.
            Thanks FB. The Wallace thread was rough going at times largely due to he-who-shall-not-be-mentioned. the Move To Murder thread has also ground to a halt but could pick up at any time. Antony Brown is currently writing his new book on another case and I’m exchanging emails and ideas with him. I still think he’s wrong about Wallace though but he’s not driven by ego to defend any position unlike....you get the picture

You should try contacting admin. You really should have access to all of these as everyone else appears to . It may just be a technical issue.
            Last edited by Herlock Sholmes; 04-29-2019, 09:13 PM.
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

I’m a complete caveman when it comes to technology FB but if I post you a link to a thread that you’d like to look through would that work?

This is a link to the A6 Murders thread just to try

https://forum.casebook.org/forum/soc...31-a6-rebooted

If it means that you can read this thread, let me know if there are any others I can link you to until the technical issue is sorted.
              Last edited by Herlock Sholmes; 04-29-2019, 09:14 PM.
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Many thanks, Herlock! I click on the link you provided and I get:

"Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page.
                Please try logging in or logging in as different user Login or send a message to the admin"

Comment

Many thanks, Herlock! I click on the link you provided and I get:

"Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page.
                  Please try logging in or logging in as different user Login or send a message to the admin"
                  I think you just need to send a message to admin FB. I don’t understand why this is happening. They’ll look into it for you. You’re missing out on a big part of the Forum.
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Thanks sherlock. Will indeed do just that. Thanks again. :-)

Comment

Working...
                    X