Forum Offline Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Offline Issue

Hello, you are probably aware that we experienced some tech gremlins that caused the site to be offline for a while. Whatever occurred took down the forums, and unfortunately bugged our last 48 hours of back-ups so anything that was posted over the weekend was unfortunately lost as we had to restore the forums to the last saved date, which, was Friday.

We apologize for this inconvenience. If anyone posted the solution to the case since Friday, I'm afraid you'll have to repost it. The forums are going to be going through a complete overlook today to try and solve the issue (which is still not known).

Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

It's the bloody CIA again! To many home truths coming out on the JFK thread. They've deleted all George and Fishys posts and replaced them with forgeries supporting the SBT. They'll stop at nothing!
    Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

And just when I was on the cusp of promotion to Commissioner too. Dashed inconvenient!
      I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

A lot of the archive threads are coming up as invalid. Don't know if that's part of the same issue but thought you should know.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post
          It's the bloody CIA again! To many home truths coming out on the JFK thread. They've deleted all George and Fishys posts and replaced them with forgeries supporting the SBT. They'll stop at nothing!
          They’re everywhere Al. Bloody Earl Warren.

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Good work on getting things up and running again btw.

If you need any tech advice ask any other human being on the planet apart from me.
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Thanks for the report on the archives. If anyone finds other issues, PLEASE post them here. We won't be able to individually respond to each each person, but we will read and look into it. Thank you guys for all the understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post
                Not according to an "independent" investigation.

Comment

Phew! I'm jolly glad I rarely read or post anything on the message boards at weekends. I'm too busy enjoying the real world.

I did have an issue just now, when I couldn't log in to the forums with my normal username and password and just got an invalid message. I couldn't even access the 'Read This First!' section so I wondered if I'd been banned for being a contrary ratbag. I reset my password and still nothing, so I sent a message to the Site Administrator - which can now be ignored because I then managed to log in and write this post.

Many thanks to Admin for all the hard work to keep the site up and running.

Love,

Caz
                  X
                  "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

It just happened again when I tried to access other sections of the Forums.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Love,

Caz
                    X
                    "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post
                      Phew! I'm jolly glad I rarely read or post anything on the message boards at weekends. I'm too busy enjoying the real world.

I did have an issue just now, when I couldn't log in to the forums with my normal username and password and just got an invalid message. I couldn't even access the 'Read This First!' section so I wondered if I'd been banned for being a contrary ratbag. I reset my password and still nothing, so I sent a message to the Site Administrator - which can now be ignored because I then managed to log in and write this post.

Many thanks to Admin for all the hard work to keep the site up and running.

Love,

Caz
                      X
                      I second that - except for the invalid message thing 'cos I was able to log in ok.

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post
                        It just happened again when I tried to access other sections of the Forums.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Love,

Caz
                        X
                        Hi Caz,

My only issue was accessing the threads in the "Archives" column which came up as "invalid". Just tried logging out and back in again with no problem.

Comment

Maybe this is me but I can’t find the Tumblety Exonerated thread. It doesn’t show up when I put relevant words into the search function either.
                          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Regarding the Login Issue: We will be working on it. We will be having to go through several thousand lines of code to figure out all the issues. We might just have to do a full system upgrade to fix. It seems lots of little bugs are popping up everywhere.

Regarding the Tumblety Exonerated Thread. It has been lost, as it was started AFTER our last back up. We will be recreating it with copies from our email back ups. We will NOT be able to do this for every thread, or every lost post, because, let's face it, there's too much and we have lives, but we will do this one because I am avoiding getting on the treadmill and I'd rather do this than be healthy. It should be up momentarily, but it will not be pretty and we apologize if we miss anyone's post, we're patching it together like a quilt.

Comment

Thanks
                              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
                              X