Admin on Vacation: January 16-Feb 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin on Vacation: January 16-Feb 10

Please be advised that from January 16-Feb 10 the Admins will be onboard a rickety vessel sailing for Antarctica. We will have limited access to wifi. Do not expect an immediate or fast response to anything. You may not get a response til Feb 10. We have been advised emails often fail. We will not have phone service. We are disconnecting deliberately, because our lives are connected to and spent on machines 18 hours a day. We will probably die. And that's even if we survive the Drake Shake.

No new memberships will be approved during this time. We may not have internet for days. If any problems, outside of routine matters, arise that require Admin intervention during this time, the problems will be handled in the most expedient fashion possible which may include closing entire threads or suspending posting privileges until our return. To Wit: Behave. Don't be a butthead. Please yes, report serious issues BUT .... Don't report someone who is just being a minor pain, hoping to get them banned for a month for funsies. We will definitely lock your account til we return if you're problematic in any way. If you decide to get into a brawl with another poster and go unhinged while the cat's away, do so knowing: Your behavior might result in an entire thread or board being closed until we can return to deal with it. Others might suffer for your actions and not be able to discuss something, because we had to deal with the situation as quickly as possible and had to close a whole thread instead of having the time to wade through it. If we end up getting hit by a rogue wave and drowning, your account might never be reinstated if we've closed it. Remind yourself on the daily, "I am an adult, I can act like it for a whole month."

We will bump this a couple of times between now and Friday, when we fly out to make sure all have a chance to see it.

Epic 'Drake Shake' for Homeward Bound Team 3: Jan 2019!! - YouTube
    My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Lucky you, would love to visit Antarctica one day.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Yeah, I've always really wanted to visit Svalbard in the Arctic and Mount Erebus in Antarctica.

Safe journey, and have a brilliant (penguin filled) time!

Comment

Bon voyage!! You will get some stunning photos.
          Why a four-year-old child could understand this report! Run out and find me a four-year-old child, I can't make head or tail of it.

Comment

Thanks for the well wishes! Bumping as a reminder.

Comment

I bet they hide the key to the liquor cabinet before they go.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                I bet they hide the key to the liquor cabinet before they go.

c.d.
                Enjoy wrap up sir

Comment

"I'm in control here."
                  - Alexander Haig, the White House, 1981.

JM

Comment

If you see them down there, do say hello to these guys!
                    Attached Files
                    Best wishes,

Tristan

Comment

Best wishes and safe travels. I saw photos a teacher at my college took a few years ago-- fantastic icescapes! Great place to decompress, I think.
                      Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                      ---------------
                      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                      ---------------

Comment

A place to chill out
                        My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Working...
                        X