Gremlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gremlins

We were recently PMed because someone thought we'd deleted a thread because they were getting an "invalid" thread when they attempted to click on it and read it. We had been in the backend and making some changes, but this person should not have encountered the error that they did. We still do not know what caused the error, because by everything we could see, the boards should have been functioning fine. We will however be playing with new features, in the coming days that MIGHT temporarily screw things up while we are in an adjustment phase.

We still don't know what caused the glitch, because it "appeared" fine from our end, but two people said it happened to them. If you experience a gremlin of some type in the next few days, please send us a PM or an email outlining what is happening.

It appears things can look "perfect" from what the Admin sees, but function far differently in practice.

We cannot guarantee this won't happen again in the near future. We appreciate your patience while we try and chase down all the new bugs that were introduced in our attempts to exterminate the old bugs.

Good luck with your changes - I hope things go smoothly and well.

Comment

Hmmm, not sure if this is a Gremlin or not, but I just had a notification that says:

<User X> and -1 others have posted on your subscription:

And that's it. My subscription has no name, but some poster from the dimension where i makes perfect sense is posting on it.

Or, is that normal, and it means that <User X> posted and then deleted their post maybe?

The thing is, I've looked at the notification, but it doesn't go away as read. I could press the dismiss button, but thought I would wait in case that makes diagnostics more difficult if this is actually a fed after midnight gremlin.

- Jeff
      Last edited by JeffHamm; 10-31-2022, 02:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffHamm View Post
        Hmmm, not sure if this is a Gremlin or not, but I just had a notification that says:

<User X> and -1 others have posted on your subscription:

- Jeff
        Not sure what that is, but we'll add it to the list to investigate. Thank you.

Comment

I got the invalid error when I tried to look at the thread via my phone. I changed to desktop view and it still came up as invalid error. Went on my laptop and it was fine. Gone to look today and it's fine on my phone too. Bizarre.

Comment

If I was younger I would love the anarchy I'm creating. But I'm not, so ... sorry. (yes, I am Canadian).

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post

Not sure what that is, but we'll add it to the list to investigate. Thank you.
              Oh, I should have made it clear, it gives an actual user name, I've just put <User X> as a place holder.

- Jeff

Comment

Working...
              X