Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finger Marks ? WARNING - Graphic material!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finger Marks ? WARNING - Graphic material!

I've puzzled for quite awhile over the possibility that some of the marks on Kelly's right leg might be bloodied finger marks.
    Has anybody seen a hi res version of this well known photo who could confirm if this is so?

Here's a tonal enhanced close up of the area I'm talking about.
    The picture on the right indicates where the particular marks are in question.
    I don't suggest that 'if' they are indeed finger marks the middle two are as long as they appear, more likely they are elongated by movement and slipperiness.

I'm determined to get hold of a hi res copy - one day!
    Attached Files

Originally posted by sgh View Post
    I've puzzled for quite awhile over the possibility that some of the marks on Kelly's right leg might be bloodied finger marks.
    Has anybody seen a hi res version of this well known photo who could confirm if this is so?

Here's a tonal enhanced close up of the area I'm talking about.
    The picture on the right indicates where the particular marks are in question.
    I don't suggest that 'if' they are indeed finger marks the middle two are as long as they appear, more likely they are elongated by movement and slipperiness.

I'm determined to get hold of a hi res copy - one day!
    Good god those red lines are everwhere now

Comment

Thats what they look like to me. Good find.
      Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

A very interesting observation, sgh. As far as I know, no one has made it before. Although, it seems that JtR must have fingers like this guy:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Nosferatu.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	661603

Comment

Maruice,

You have it! He was a vampire, thats how he killed them!!!

Only kidding, but sgh I think you might be right.
          Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
            Good god those red lines are everwhere now
            Hi Trevor,
            Honestly Sir, it was me who made the red lines!

Comment

Originally posted by corey123 View Post
              Maruice,

You have it! He was a vampire, thats how he killed them!!!

Only kidding, but sgh I think you might be right.
              Thanks GM and Corey.
              Looks like I'm in for a bit of pleasant 'stick' with my post.
              Ah well, I'm only trying

Comment

I thought it was a bloody hand print the first time I saw the picture in Rumbelow's book back in the 70s. Reexamining it today, it does look at a rather odd position for that though. I don't know what else it could be however.
                This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

No joke, I'm with Corey. I think that you might very well be right. Well done.

Comment

Interesting suggestion, sgh, but I think it has been raised before - by Spry if I remember correctly, some time around 2003-4. It will be somewhere on the old boards.

Comment

Robert,

We're researchers, not explorers. You'll have to cite your reference more specifically.

Comment

A good observation, but how did they get there?. Here is my explanation; Hutchinson recalled that his witness was carrying gloves,thus, no tell patent prints on the skin for the Detectives to note. Perhaps these marks were left by the fingers of the left hand as he attempted to steady the left leg while defleshing the thigh and his gloved hand, slippery with blood, may have slipped around the calf leaving those long impressions.
                        SCORPIO

Comment

they really look like finger marks, but I don't think they are.

They're positioned oddly. If they had been on the outside of the left leg, that would make sense. or the outside of the right leg, but then no photo would exist of it. I suppose if he stuck his elbow in the air and reversed his grip, putting the thumb on the outside of the leg then it could work, but that's really awkward. If he was at he feet or the head or the side of the bed, there is no natural grip that would create downward facing prints on the inner leg.

I think the only way those are fingerprints are if they are hers. And I cannot imagine any circumstance under which she could be alive during any part of what was done to her where she would leave clear fingermarks.
                          The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Hi,

As Rob said, this has been discussed before, and I seem to remember that the conclusion was that it was a handprint, but I might be misremembering.

I've looked through the threads, but can't seem to find the discussion, it might have disappeared when the board went down.

It could well be on the CD if you have it as the archived threads go back to 2003 at least.

Hugs

Janie

xxxx
                            Last edited by Jane Coram; 01-25-2011, 05:07 AM. Reason: forgot a bit. I'm old and knackered. Lol
                            I'm not afraid of heights, swimming or love - just falling, drowning and rejection.

Comment

Very convincing SGH. Well spotted.
                              Errata, I understand your point about their position, but place yourself between someone's legs and push their right leg away with your left hand - the elbow does not need to be very far in the air to produce an angle such as that on the leg, particularly if the leg is more contracted and bent upwards than the position shown in the photograph.

Comment

Working...
                              X