Jack The Ripper, The Casebook R. Jones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack The Ripper, The Casebook R. Jones

Author, historian and tour guide extroidinaire is releasing a NEW JTR book this year, but does anyone know what has happened to it?

Amazon as a release date of 6th October 2008, but after I ordered it, i recieved an email stating that due to unforeseen circumstances the book has been delayed!

Richard Jones wrote Uncovering Jack the Ripper's London, which is a wonderful oversized book packed with glossy pictures.
    Regards Mike

'Jack the Ripper: The Casebook' by Richard Jones is now out. I picked a copy up today at the Docklands Museum.

I haven't read it yet, but the presentation is fantastic and it has literally dozens of facsimile documents in it. I spoke to Richard this afternoon and he didn't relise it had come out!

Anybody else seen it yet?

JB

Comment

Richard didn't even tell me he was doing it, let alone that it was out!!!

I hope he's given me a reciprocal dedication in it. If not, I'm going to work for De Locksley.

PHILIP
      Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by George Hutchinson View Post
        Richard didn't even tell me he was doing it, let alone that it was out!!!

I hope he's given me a reciprocal dedication in it. If not, I'm going to work for De Locksley.

PHILIP
        He mentions you and Rob's book if that's any consolation.

Otherwise, it's see you outside Tower Gateway Tube with the little gnome guide on Saturday afternoon.

Comment

Philip

You should get yersen on Facebook. Richard has been telling us all what he is working on.

He is working on a Sweeny Todd book too.
          Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

I recieved word direct from Richard a while ago that the book should be out anytime, and final confirmation arrived this morning when Amazon sent me a email stating it had been despached.

I await eagerly!!
            Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
              I recieved word direct from Richard a while ago that the book should be out anytime, and final confirmation arrived this morning when Amazon sent me a email stating it had been despached.

I await eagerly!!
              I don't think you're going to be disappointed, Mike. I've started it and the prognosis is good!

Comment

Amazon don't mess about!! The book has just landed and wow!! I am speechless!!

It is in a hard, black, velcro sleeve thing but without the velcro, blimey it's magnets, which oozes with class. On the front is a small memo to the reader;

"Contains Rare and Removable Facsimilie Documents and Memorabilia"

There are some fantastic images, and what's this, crisp white greaseproof paper, lets open it and have a look, wow, Illustrated Police News, Notice to the Occupier, a Ripper Letter, a ripper letter, oh the ripper postcard, and so much more!!

The dissertations are clear and not overly long, and it has a run down of topics such as "The Ripper and the Press", "The People of the Abyss" and so much more.

Thank you Richard Jones!!
                Regards Mike

Comment

Told you so.

Comment

I hate to say this, but this book is sexy!! Just don't let Russell Brand get hold of your copy, or he will end up sleeping with that an all!!
                    Regards Mike

Comment

Someone say sexy??

Monty
                      Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Mont- Only if there was an undisclosed swing (!) in Miller's Ct!!!!
                        'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                          He is working on a Sweeny Todd book too.
                          *squeals gleefully*

Comment

I got my copy through today and I have to say a very impressive piece of work, although I hope mines a one off as some of the pages were stuck together along the top which caused some of the pages to tear along the top. I don't know if anybody else had this problem.

And he spelt my name wrong!! Wasn't impressed by that.

Rob

Comment

Not bought one yet, Rob, but have you become a Mr Clark?

PHILIP
                              Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Working...
                              X