Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd Bet My Bottom Dollar That...

Jack killed Mary.

Anyone else feel strongly about a particular issue (as if I didn't know the answer to that)?

Please try to limit yourself to one or two things that you feel strongly about and on which you would be willing to bet your bottom dollar or pound or other currency.

c.d.

Im assuming we are talking about Mary Kelly here as no one has ever seemed to challenge Mary Nichols candacacy to the "C5".

This has all been hashed out before and the people that argue against MJK as a victim of JTR have no credible arguments.

Anyone want to sway me from my position? Prove that Bonds PM report was a fake. Then we will talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch Rowe View Post
      Im assuming we are talking about Mary Kelly here as no one has ever seemed to challenge Mary Nichols candacacy to the "C5".
      I think it's more about what we generally feel to be "red herrings", Mitch. In that case, my bottom-dollar bet would be that there isn't a single suspect-based book that has identified the man who really was JTR.
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Stride and Kelly were both Ripper crimes.

Barnett didn't do it.

Comment

Why do people keep starting new threads to discuss victims and suspects? Aren't there enough already?

Graham
          We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
            Why do people keep starting new threads to discuss victims and suspects? Aren't there enough already?

Graham
            Hi Graham,

I didn't. I started the thread so people could list those things of which they feel most certain. It is not limited to victims or suspects.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
              Hi Graham,

I didn't. I started the thread so people could list those things of which they feel most certain. It is not limited to victims or suspects.

c.d.
              OK, I'll bet my bottom dollar that Chelsea won't win the Premiership Title next season, and that Gordon Brown is replaced as Prime Minister before the year is out. How about that? Oh, and as I'm off to France next week for a well-earned holiday, it'll piss down every day.

Next, please.

Cheers,

Graham.
              We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Originally posted by Justin View Post
                Stride and Kelly were both Ripper crimes.

Barnett didn't do it.
                What else do you know about this Mary Kelly?

Comment

Can I recomend a book called 'Will the real Mary Kelly' which I have just read. It was very imformative.
                  In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

Comment

I'll bet my bottom won (Korea) that Gareth is right about his suspect-based books.

Mike
                    huh?

Comment

I'd bet my last penny that the Ripper was not somebody who lived outside the immediate area of the killings.

Comment

I would bet my bottom dollar that the Ripper was questioned at some point by the police but didn't bring notice to himself.
                        In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

Comment

In addition to Gareth's (Sam's) bet, I'd bet my bottom euro that the reason behind the murders was rather simple and that he just did it for himself.

Frank
                          "You can rob me, you can starve me and you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me."
                          Clint Eastwood as Gunny in "Heartbreak Ridge"

Comment

And I'd bet my bottom AND my bottom dollar that some people *COUGH*Stephen Knight*COUGH* read waaaaaaaaay too deep into the "Juwes" graffiti.
                            What's all this then?

Comment

Do Not Do List

Hello and a pleasant Sunday to you all,

I'll bet that the Ripper was not operating from a clipboard proscribing certain required actions he must do, which he checked off when he got back to his bolt-hole, such as

1. Slit Throat check
                              2. Mutilate check

And that likewise, he did NOT have, as part of his supplementary guidelines, a Do Not Do List, such as

Do Not

1. Attack a woman and not kill her
                              2. Attack a woman as part of a gang
                              3. Murder a woman by just stabbing her, no matter how many times
                              4. Slit the throat but not mutilate
                              5. Murder a younger woman indoors. (people will talk)
                              6. Wait too long before murdering again

Roy
                              Sink the Bismark

Comment

Working...
                              X