• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Informal Preview of Geo-Spatial Analysis Project

Originally posted by Chris View Post
    March 1889 1c 323

Registration district: Mile End Old Town
    1889 Birth in the Sub-district of Mile End Old Town Western in the County of Middlesex
    No.: 172
    When and where died: Eleventh March 1889 34 Yalford Street
    Name and surname: Joseph Abrahams
    Sex: Male
    Cause of death: Premature Birth (6 Months) Certified by F W Blackwell L R C P
    Signature, description and residence of informant: X The mark of Woolf Abrahams Father 34 Yalford Street Mile End
    When registered: Eleventh March 1889
    Signature of registrar: John B Ratcliff Registrar
    … Yalford Street was the next street to the west of Greenfield Street. …

Technically speaking, this was in Mile End Old Town, not Whitechapel, though it was very close to Whitechapel church, and neighbouring addresses were described as in Whitechapel in the family's naturalisation applications.

If this is the house Aaron was living in at the time of the murders, I don't think Macnaghten's description of it (in the Aberconway draft) as "in the very heart of the district where the murders were committed" is too wide of the mark, if Nichols to the east and Stride to the south are taken into account.
    "… I don't think Macnaghten's description … "in the very heart of the district where the murders were committed" is too wide of the mark, if Nichols to the east and Stride to the south are taken into account."

This observation has compelled me to bring forth some of the imagery that I have prepared as part of an ongoing project, involving a spatial analysis of the murder sites most closely associated with 'Jack the Ripper'.

Use the following link to view the flickr 'set' of ten aerials, which I have compiled as a sort of project 'preview'.

Septic Blue: Sample Imagery from 'Jack the Ripper' Project

As I am faced with perhaps several months of work, before completion of the project is even on the horizon, I have decided to present successive portions of my analysis on the message boards, as I progress. I will then assemble a final product that will hopefully make its way into the 'Dissertations' section of Casebook.

Today's presentation is merely an informal 'preview' of the entire project.

I will hopefully begin a formal presentation of successive portions of the project within the next two-to-three weeks. But again; the process of presenting the entire project will require several months.

I will begin with an excerpt from the project-narrative:

"A question that is often raised in regard to the murders most widely attributed to 'Jack the Ripper', is whether the perpetrator of these crimes was 'local'. While the answer to this question is likely to remain forever elusive, a better conceptualization of the question itself is well within reach, and likely to enhance the focus of today's ongoing informal 'investigation'. In other words: While the location of the 'base', from which 'Jack the Ripper' operated, like his identity, will probably never be discovered, a better understanding of the circumstances surrounding the murders, for which he is believed to have been responsible, can be obtained by establishing a set of parameters that allow for a definition, in this case, of that which was 'local'.

Webster's
    defines the term 'local', accordingly: "Of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a particular place or a limited portion of space." It is therefore, imperative that a "particular place" and/or "limited portion of space" be established, in order to fully conceptualize the question of whether 'Jack the Ripper' was indeed 'local'. Put simply: The concept of a 'locale' having clearly defined parameters is a necessary component of the question itself.

For clarity's sake, the question being raised should be whether 'Jack the Ripper' was 'local' specifically to the area, in which his crimes were committed. Thus, the establishment of a "particular place" to serve as a focal point, and a "limited portion of space" to serve as a specified degree of vicinity, e.g. 'immediate vicinity', 'general vicinity' or 'broad vicinity', should be based on the locations of the murders that are most widely believed to have been his 'work'. Unfortunately, knowing which murders are most widely attributed to this 'phantom' killer is virtually impossible, as opinions vary and tend to be fraught with subjectivity.

Supposed 'canons' notwithstanding: It would appear that three of the so-called 'Whitechapel Murders' (those of Polly Nichols, Annie Chapman and Catherine Eddowes) are almost universally accepted as having been the work of a single killer; and that three of the remaining eight (those of Martha Tabram, Elizabeth Stride and Mary Jane Kelly) are preponderantly accepted as having been committed by the same hand. Of particular note: This set of six murders occurred in uninterrupted sequence within the series of eleven 'Whitechapel Murders', during a span of just ninety five days (7 August 1888 – 9 November 1888); within an area of less than one square-mile; and under certain circumstances, which were strikingly similar. It would seem likely therefore, that those directly involved in the contemporary investigations of these murders perceived at least some degree of correlation within the set, if not a common denominator in the form of a single perpetrator. So, while the inclusions of Tabram, Stride and Kelly in the 'Ripper's tally' are each debatable; the spirit of objectivity virtually dictates the factorization of their murder sites in the establishment of a 'locale'."

------------------------

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	669599
    Figure 1: Pinpointing the Murder Site Epicenter (Click to View in flickr)
    Underlying Aerial Imagery: Copyright Google Earth, 2007
    Overlying Plots, Labels and Color-Shadings: Copyright Colin C. Roberts, 2009

Explanations (in 'Layman Terms') in Upcoming Formal Presentation

Three distinct sequences of measurement (Red; Blue; Yellow), which lead to precisely the same murder-site epicenter.

The epicenter may also be determined by calculating the mean longitudinal and latitudinal coordinates of the six murder sites:

Martha Tabram (7 August 1888)
    First-Floor Stairway Landing of George Yard Buildings, George Yard, Parish of St. Mary Whitechapel, County of Middlesex
    Longitude: 0° 4' 18.45" West
    Latitude: 51° 31' 0.60" North

Mary Ann 'Polly' Nichols (31 August 1888)
    Gateway to Brown's Stable Yard, Buck's Row, Parish of St. Mary Whitechapel, County of Middlesex
    Longitude: 0° 3' 37.53" West
    Latitude: 51° 31' 12.14" North

Annie Chapman (8 September 1888)
    Back Yard of 29 Hanbury Street, Parish of Christ Church Spitalfields, County of Middlesex
    Longitude: 0° 4' 21.40" West
    Latitude: 51° 31' 13.67 North

Elizabeth Stride (30 September 1888)
    Gateway to Dutfield's Yard, Berner Street, Parish of St. George in the East, County of Middlesex
    Longitude: 0° 3' 56.14" West
    Latitude: 51° 30' 49.44 North

Catherine Eddowes (30 September 1888)
    Southeast Corner of Mitre Square, Parish of St. James, Aldgate Ward, City of London
    Longitude: 0° 4' 41.06" West
    Latitude: 51° 30' 49.35" North

Mary Jane Kelly (9 November 1888)
    Interior of 13 Miller's Court, Dorset Street, Parish of Christ Church Spitalfields, County of Middlesex
    Longitude: 0° 4' 30.47" West
    Latitude: 51° 31' 7.17" North

Murder Site Epicenter
    Southwest Corner of the Intersection of Wentworth Street and Osborn Street, Parish of St. Mary Whitechapel, County of Middlesex
    Longitude: 0° 4' 14.18" West
    Latitude: 51° 31' 2.06" North

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	669600
    Figure 2: Deviations from Murder Site Epicenter (Circular) (Click to View in flickr)

Green Circle: Mean Absolute Deviation = 505.37 Yards

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	669601
    Figure 3: Standard Deviation from Murder Site Epicenter (Circular) (Click to View in flickr)

For those familiar with the concept of 'Standard Deviation': Calculations were based on a 'sample' of six murder sites, i.e. five 'degrees of freedom'. The hypothetical murder-site 'population' would consist of all murder-sites associated with this series, as it were to continue ad infinitum. The expectation would be that 63.68% of all associated murder sites would lie within one standard deviation of the murder-site epicenter.*

This can be loosely interpreted as follows:

Were this series of murders ongoing today; it could be reasonably deduced that there was a 63.68% 'probability' that the next murder would occur within the red color-shaded area. Of course, there would be no means of actually calculating such a 'probability', as the next murder in the series would occur as a totally random event.

*This of course, is based entirely on the murder-site distribution, and the 'assumption' that the murder-site landscape lacks any semblance of urban, rural or geologic topography (i.e. it is an open plane).

Name:	4.jpg
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	669602
    Figure 4: Incremental Probability Distribution (0% - 90%) (Click to View in flickr)

Name:	5.jpg
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	669603
    Figure 5: Incremental 'Geo-Profile' Probability Distribution (0% - 90%) (Click to View in flickr)

Figures in yellow indicate the probability that the perpetrator has operated from some sort of 'base' within the corresponding incrementally color-shaded areas.

This can be loosely interpreted as follows:

Were this series of murders ongoing today; it could be reasonably deduced that there was a 90.00% 'probability' that the perpetrator resided within the entire color-shaded area (0% through 90%; i.e. 'Red' through 'Aqua').

These figures are based on a very simple 'centrographic' (i.e. central tendency) model, which I have constructed in order to provide an example of geographic profiles. The model differs significantly from those used by Kim Rossmo, David Canter, Ned Levine (CrimeStat), et al …; which establish rectangular 'search areas' that are then divided into tens of thousands of rectangular 'cells', to which proprietary 'distance-decay' functions are applied.

My model is based on the very simple premise that at some level of deviation from the epicenter, there exists a '50%-threshold' that determines a level of 'delay' in the cumulative distribution function associated with the six murder sites.

In other words: If we assume, generally speaking, that there is a 50% probability that a doctor will reside within the area, in which he makes house-calls; that there is a 50% probability that a door-to-door salesman will reside within the area, in which he operates; and that there is a 50% probability that a serial-murderer will reside within the area, in which he kills; then that probability will be progressively greater than 50% in the cases of larger areas, and progressively less than 50% in the cases of smaller areas. This would be due to the fact that traversal of an 'area of operations' becomes more difficult as the size of that area increases; thus increasing the likelihood that any 'operator' will be found to be working from within the area itself.

Consider the daily routine of Charles Lechmere (a.k.a. "Charles Cross"), the discoverer of Polly Nichols’s body. He traversed the entire 'killing field' of 'Jack the Ripper' each morning, in walking from his home in The Hamlet of Mile End Old Town, to his place of work in The City of London. Clearly, 'Jack the Ripper' could very easily have commuted into his 'area of operations' (from just outside, of course) on a very regular basis, while possibly traversing the entire area just as regularly.

Using one 'standard deviation' as the '50%-threshold', we have a perceived 'probability' of 63.68% that the murderer would continue to operate within; and therefore a 31.84% perceived 'probability' that the he would be found to be living within. As we move beyond one standard deviation, the latter 'probability' progressively increases beyond 50% of the former; while as we move within one standard deviation, the latter 'probability' progressively decreases below 50% of the former.

Name:	6.jpg
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	669604
    Figure 6: The 'Killing Field' (Circular) (Click to View in flickr)

Name:	7.jpg
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	669605
    Figure 7: Immediate Vicinity; General Vicinity; Broad Vicinity (Click to View in flickr)

Name:	8.jpg
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	669606
    Figure 8: The 'Killing Field' (Elliptical) (Click to View in flickr)

The elliptical perspective accounts for the directional bias or 'skew' of the murder-site distribution, whereas the circular perspective does not. Imagine the circular depictions of various levels of deviation, being 'stretched' along a southwest-to-northeast axis (i.e. an axis of 35.53° counterclockwise rotation from the axis of longitude), such that a deviation along that axis of 140.99 yards would be of equal 'magnitude' to a deviation along the respective perpendicular axis, of 100.00 yards.

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	669607
    Figure 9: Deviations from Murder Site Epicenter (Elliptical) (Click to View in flickr)

Red Ellipse: 1.00 Standard Deviations from Murder-Site Epicenter

Again; using one 'standard deviation' as the '50%-threshold', we have a perceived 'probability' of 63.68% that the murderer would continue to operate within; and therefore a 31.84% perceived 'probability' that the he would be found to be living within.

Yellow Dot: Possible 1888 Residence of Aaron Kosminski

34 Yalford Street, Hamlet of Mile End Old Town, County of Middlesex
    Longitude: 0° 3' 56.79" West
    Latitude: 51° 30' 59.31" North

Yellow Ellipse: 0.67 Standard Deviations from Murder-Site Epicenter

So; we have a perceived 'probability' of 46.76% that the murderer would continue to operate within; and therefore a 21.76% perceived 'probability' that the he would be found to be living within.

In other words: In accordance with my geo-profile model; there was merely a 22% 'likelihood' that 'Jack the Ripper' resided in closer proximity to the murder-site epicenter than did Aaron Kosminski. This of course, speaks very favorably for the possibility that Aaron Kosminski was 'Jack the Ripper'.

Name:	10.jpg
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	669608
    Figure 10: Ancient Parochial Establishment of East London (Click to View in flickr)

Part of an effort to define that, which was 'local' in the context of political geography.

- Bright Yellow: St. John at Hackney
    - Orange: St. Leonard Shoreditch
    - Red: St. Dunstan Stepney
    - Green: Bromley St. Leonard
    - Purple: City of London
    - Gold: The Liberty of His/Her Majesty's Tower of London
    - Blue: Precinct of the Priory of St. Mary without Bishopsgate (St. Mary Spital)
    - Green: Precinct of the Priory of the Holy Trinity, Aldgate (County of Middlesex)

The Ancient Parish of St. Dunstan Stepney (Red) was divided, between the years 1329 - 1817, into the following Civil Parishes:

- St. Matthew Bethnal Green
    - Christ Church Spitalfields
    - The Hamlet of Mile End New Town
    - St. Mary Whitechapel
    - St. John of Wapping
    - St. George in the East
    - St. Paul Shadwell
    - The Hamlet of Mile End Old Town
    - The Hamlet of Ratcliff
    - St. Anne Limehouse
    - St. Mary Stratford Bow
    - All Saints Poplar

The Precinct of the Priory of St. Mary without Bishopsgate (St. Mary Spital) (Blue) was originally part of St. Botolph without Bishopsgate (excepting the northernmost 'tip', which was part of St. Leonard Shoreditch). By the end of the seventeenth century, it had become The Liberty of Norton Folgate (north) and The Old Artillery Ground (south).

The green areas, which constituted the Middlesex portions of the Precinct of the Priory of the Holy Trinity, Aldgate were originally part of St. Botolph without Aldgate. The smaller area (north) eventually became Holy Trinity (Minories), while the larger area (south) became The Precinct of St. Katharine (west), and once again St. Botolph without Aldgate (east).
    Last edited by Guest; 03-25-2009, 04:02 AM.

Tremendous work, Colin. I look forward to reading - and learning! - more.

Much appreciated.
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Master

Indeed Gareth, a true master of his subject at work - fascinating stuff. Well done Colin.
      SPE

Treat me gently I'm a newbie.

Comment

I'm not particularly a fan of geographical profiling, but one thing that struck me is that the site of Tabram's murder is so close to the "epicentre" that the predicted distribution would be reasonably similar if she were excluded. Unfortunately the same won't be true of Stride.

My observation on Yalford Street, by the way, was intended only as a comment on Macnaghten's statement - not as any indication that Aaron Kozminski is likely to have been the murderer.

Comment

Excellent work, Colin!

Chris
          Christopher T. George
          Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
          just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
          For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
          RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

Fan

I'm not particularly a fan of geographical profiling, but one thing that struck me is that the site of Tabram's murder is so close to the "epicentre" that the predicted distribution would be reasonably similar if she were excluded. Unfortunately the same won't be true of Stride.
            I don't think you will find that Colin is a particular fan of geographical profiling either.
            SPE

Treat me gently I'm a newbie.

Comment

Wonderfull work. Being new to the serious research of this subject this is the first time i have seen the murder sites layed out in this way (all on one map). It was very surprising for me to see how small the area of operation actually is. I had always just assumed it was much larger (Miles between vitims).
              'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride!'

Comment

Hi All,

Many Thanks! Your feedback and compliments are truly appreciated.

I can't reiterate enough, that at this point I am merely providing an informal preview of the project, and that detailed explanations (in 'layman terms') will be forthcoming in my formal presentations.

***Also; please note that the flickr beneath each 'frame' is a direct link, specifically to that image.***

… one thing that struck me is that the site of Tabram's murder is so close to the "epicentre" that the predicted distribution would be reasonably similar if she were excluded. Unfortunately the same won't be true of Stride.
                Quite right, Chris! The removal of Tabram would shift the epicenter a grand total of 20.53 yards east/northeast to the western 'mouth' of Old Montague Street; whereas the removal of Stride would shift the epicenter north/northwest to the vicinity of the 'White House', on Flower & Dean Street.

The real 'eye-opener' regarding Stride, can be seen in the progression from the circular perspective …

Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	656574
                Figure 2: Deviations from Murder Site Epicenter (Circular) (Click to View in flickr)

… to the elliptical perspective.

Name:	9.jpg
ID:	656575
                Figure 9: Deviations from Murder Site Epicenter (Elliptical) (Click to View in flickr)

Notice that the relative positions of Stride and Eddowes are switched, in going from 'circular' to 'elliptical'.

The elliptical perspective, which accounts for the 'mobility' provided by Aldgate High Street / Whitechapel High Street / Whitechapel Road, as well as role that the thoroughfare might have played as a 'barrier' in the minds of the victims or killer (or both); suggests that even though Dutfield's Yard was in closer proximity to the murder-site epicenter than was Mitre Square, it should have been viewed as a less likely venue for the impending subsequent murder, following the death of Mary Jane Kelly.

My observation on Yalford Street, by the way, was intended only as a comment on Macnaghten's statement - not as any indication that Aaron Kozminski is likely to have been the murderer.
                I didn't mean to suggest otherwise.
                Last edited by Guest; 03-25-2009, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Elliptical reasoning on my part

Hi Colin

The interesting thing about ellipses, of course, is that they have two foci, one towards either "pole" (if you like) of the major axis of the ellipse. Would it be possible to factor this into your work, as this may have an interesting bearing on epicentres and the like? Forgive me if you've thought of doing so already!
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                    The interesting thing about ellipses, of course, is that they have two foci, ... Would it be possible to factor this into your work, … ?

Funny you should ask, Gareth! I actually believe that I may have stumbled onto a new approach to the 'construction' of the 'Standard Deviation Ellipse'; one in which the foci are just that: The foci.

Name:	1.jpg
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	656582
                    Figure 1: Axis Rotation (Click to View in flickr)

In order to determine the orientation of the major axis of the 'Standard Deviation Ellipse', we must utilize a system of Cartesian coordinates. The longitudinal axis is dubbed x'; while the latitudinal axis is labeled y'.

We must then determine the degree of clockwise rotation that minimizes the sum of the squared distances between each of the six murder-sites and the two axes. This requires a sort of 'trigonometric least-squares regression', which I will describe at some later juncture.

As the determined angle of clockwise rotation is greater than 45.00°, i.e. 54.47°, it is more practical to think in terms of a counter-clockwise rotation of 35.53°.

Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	656583
                    Figure 2: Landscape Rotation / Standard Deviation (Click to View in flickr)

Red Color-Shaded Area: 'Standard Deviation Circle'

In order to 'counter' the visual effect of the 35.53° counter-clockwise axis-rotation, the landscape is rotated 35.53° clockwise.

The four corners of the 'Standard Deviation Rectangle' are the points of simultaneous x-axis/y-axis standard deviation; and each coincides with a point on the 'Standard Deviation Circle'.

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	656584
                    Figure 3: Standard Deviation Ellipse ??? (Click to View in flickr)

Until fairly recently (i.e. sometime within the last twenty years), it would seem that the prevailing 'conventional wisdom' dictated that the 'Standard Deviation Ellipse' fit inside the 'Standard Deviation Rectangle'; such that the length of its major axis would be equal to two x-axis standard deviations, while the length of its minor axis would be equal to two y-axis standard deviations.

WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!

I was able to see that immediately!

The murder-site distribution is the product of a simultaneous x-axis/y-axis standard deviation from its epicenter. Yet this ellipse only coincides with each point of x-axis standard deviation in isolation, i.e. in the absence of any degree of y-axis deviation (and vice versa). In other words; the yellow ellipse does not coincide with the four corners of the 'Standard Deviation Rectangle', so it is not the 'Standard Deviation Ellipse'.

It would seem that some statisticians have tried in recent years to 'right this wrong' by adding certain 'inflation' factors to their calculations of 'Standard Deviation'. The only example, which I have been able to decipher, is that of Ned Levine (CrimeStat), who multiplies a distribution's 'Variance' by a very simple factor of '2', before calculating its square root, in order to determine its 'Standard Deviation'.

And, guess what? The CrimeStat 'Standard Deviation Ellipse', in this case, coincides with the four corners of the 'Standard Deviation Rectangle'. But, it's not quite right! It's ever-so slightly too circular! In other words; its major axis is too short, while its minor axis is too long: Albeit, discrepancies of less than 0.5%, in each case.

But, these disparities are more than mere 'rounding error'. And the factor of '2' seems too convenient, and all too random. I tend to believe that millions of iterations went into the determination of that factor.

And what about the foci? Shouldn’t an ellipse be 'constructed' around its foci? …

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	656585
                    Figure 4: Standard Deviation Ellipse !!! (Click to View in flickr)

… The two points of x-axis standard deviation are the foci. The four 'extents' of y-axis standard deviation - from the two foci - are the semi-latus recta. It's that simple!

My ellipse (someday - the 'Roberts Ellipse' – I hope!) coincides with the four corners of the 'Standard Deviation Rectangle' by definition. Every point on the ellipse is the same summed-distance from the two points of x-axis standard deviation, i.e. the two foci; and that "summed-distance" (depicted by the two green lines) is a function of the fact that the ellipse coincides with the four points of simultaneous x-axis/y-axis standard deviation.

The 'Roberts Ellipse' (I have seen nary a reference to this particular construct) is built around its foci. CrimeStat's ellipse is not!

Name:	5.jpg
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	656586
                    Figure 5: Comparison (Click to View in flickr)

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	656587
                    Figure 6: Landscape Re-Orientation (Click to View in flickr)

Name:	7.jpg
ID:	656588
                    Figure 7: Deviations from Murder Site Epicenter (Elliptical) (Click to View in flickr)

Red: 'Standard Deviation Ellipse'

Each ellipse is a 'multiple' of the 'Standard Deviation Ellipse'.

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                    Forgive me if you've thought of doing so already!
                    No apology needed, Gareth.

Comment

Wouldn't the correct procedure be to form a matrix of the sums of x squared, x times y and y squared, and then find its principal axes?

Comment

Mr.Hyde

Wouldn't the correct procedure be to form a matrix of the sums of x squared, x times y and y squared, and then find its principal axes?
                        Anyone making "book" on this?
                        What odds-Flower and Dean?
                        Chris,think he primarily used knifes,not axes.Only kidding-keep up the great work!
                        Hint-do not look within.Look at the boundaries.

Comment

OOOOOPS !!!

I forgot to
                          'unlock' the seven flickr images in my most recent post.

Would someone please verify their accessibility? I am able to see them whether they are 'locked' or 'unlocked'; and therefore cannot be certain that they are accessible to others.

The angle of clockwise rotation is given as ...

Name:	8.jpg
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	656589

... where each (x - x) represents x-axis deviation, and each (y - y) represents y-axis deviation.

Comment

Originally posted by Septic Blue View Post
                            The angle of clockwise rotation is given as ...
                            Yes - that's one of the principal axes of the matrix I mentioned.

Do I understand correctly that the geographical profilers weren't using a rotated ellipse, but one aligned with the x and y axes?

Comment

Hi All,

"The angle of clockwise rotation is given as . . ."

"Would someone please verify their accessibility? I am able to see them whether they are 'locked' or 'unlocked'; and therefore cannot be certain that they are accessible to others."

"Wouldn't the correct procedure be to form a matrix of the sums of x squared, x times y and y squared, and then find its principal axes?"

"The murder-site distribution is the product of a simultaneous x-axis/y-axis standard deviation from its epicenter."

What bollocks.

Regards,

Simon
                              Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Working...
                              X