No announcement yet.

escape committe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fear not GUT.. in the final scene when I am getting all the kudos...I'll raise a drink to my Aussie sidekick..

wait.... you didn't mean that I.. THE AMERICAN.. should actually dig... did you?

Steadmund Brand--
    "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

• Originally posted by Carol View Post
      Yes, thank you. We did. Cissie has already laddered her stockings and wonders if you can bring her another pair.

Carol
      hmm I suppose I could.. any kind in particular? or color...fishnet? seamed? how about the garters?... and how about some goooood ole' American whiskey?

Steadmund Brand--
      "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
        Hope you lazy POMS realise that on this day the two halves of the Chunnel met, I thought it would have been fitting if youse all had done a bit of digging and we could have met today too.

But no too much to ask of you lazy pack of beggars leave it all up to the Aussie, bl..dy typical.
        Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
        Fear not GUT.. in the final scene when I am getting all the kudos...I'll raise a drink to my Aussie sidekick..

wait.... you didn't mean that I.. THE AMERICAN.. should actually dig... did you?

Steadmund Brand--
        No mate you'll see above I was calling on the POMS to dig I know you YANKS wouldn't get your hands dirty.....
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

No mate you'll see above I was calling on the POMS to dig I know you YANKS wouldn't get your hands dirty.....
          That is because we do not like patting ourselves on the back with dirty hands

Steadmund Brand

Comment

• I'm bored
            Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

• Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
              I'm bored
              You're always bl00dy bored.
              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
                That is because we do not like patting ourselves on the back with dirty hands

Steadmund Brand
                Your comeback made me laugh, but it's also brilliantly incisive.

Archaic

Comment

• Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
                  hmm I suppose I could.. any kind in particular? or color...fishnet? seamed? how about the garters?... and how about some goooood ole' American whiskey?

Steadmund Brand--
                  Cissie says she would love a pair of black fishnet stockings, seamed, with one garter in red lace. Dolly would appreciate it very much if you could bring the ingredients for a Manhattan. I was wondering if you could get me some of those new-fangled teabags that I read about just before the start of this latest shing-dig. There are some called 'English Breakfast'. The tea we get here at the Café Wilhelm is absolutely awful.

You're so kind to us. (from Cissie), (from Dolly) and from me.

Comment

• Carol, you do know that Cissy and Dolly were Private Godfrey's sisters in 'Dad's Army'?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
                      Carol, you do know that Cissy and Dolly were Private Godfrey's sisters in 'Dad's Army'?
                      Hi Robert,

I love 'Dad's Army' but I had forgotten that! Cissy and Dolly are actually my mother's two youngest sisters (Elizabeth and Doris). Auntie Ciss has now passed away but Auntie Doll is still holding on - she's 85 now. Both of them were (are) the sort of people you like to have around. Especially if you need cheering up. Auntie Ciss was the biggest giggler I've ever met, and, boy, could she be cheeky!

Carol

Comment

• Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                        Hi Carol

Judging by her postings to me, Bunny fancies you more than I...

Dave
                        Calling Coginimbus, Calling Coginimbus.
                        Over....

Oh, there you are. I was going to say something really pithy and sharp to you but Cissy and Dolly are taking up all my time at the moment. They need a lot of looking efter. So be grateful I'm letting you get away with it this time.

Actually, old chap, we need your help with pinkmoon. He's driving us NUTS. All we get from him is 'I'm still bored'. Doesn't he realise there's a war on! We've tried our best to cheer him up but have run out of ideas.

Are you still in England? It would help us a lot if you could start a tunnel at your end. GUT is getting so fed up as he's the only one at the moment working on a tunnel. Us three girls and Agent Archaic are planning to start one on Monday. We think we'll start it in the hen house at the bottom of the yard. Bunny has managed to find two large serving spoons and a soup ladle. So that means that she, Cissy and Dolly can get started. As usual I'll be looking after the administration side of things. Not an easy job but someone's got to do it.

Good to hear from you again. Just behave yourself.

Carol
                        Last edited by Carol; 11-01-2014, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Hope you lazy POMS realise that on this day the two halves of the Chunnel met, I thought it would have been fitting if youse all had done a bit of digging and we could have met today too.

But no too much to ask of you lazy pack of beggars leave it all up to the Aussie, bl..dy typical.
                          Steady on, old chap. We're doing our best, don't you know. I've just asked Coginimbus if he can start a tunnel at his end and Agent Archaic, Cissy and Dolly are planning to start a tunnel here on Monday. So all being well, with a fair wind behind us, and stiff upper lips I reckon we should meet up with you about 35 metres outside of Marseille on the 14th December, 2020. Do you think you can make it?

Old misery guts (our glorious leader) has just told me that you don't understand the terrible pressure he's under being in charge of The Escape.

Wiggy

Comment

G'day Wiggy

Lucky Jerry.

Been a long ime since anyone has wanted to jump me, like never.
                            Hi GUT,
                            Sorry, forgot to mention that Agent Archaic said she'll jump you next time you meet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carol View Post
                              Hi GUT,
                              Sorry, forgot to mention that Agent Archaic said she'll jump you next time you meet.
                              Hi Carol.

If by "jump" you mean I'll beat him up and take his wallet... ....well, you know my specialty is assassination. And I'm trying to conserve the arsenic... plus he seems like a nice enough guy. But oh what the heck, OK, since it's for a good cause.

But more importantly guys, I had an EPIPHANY and traded a stale Hershey's bar and a tin of sardines for another old silver trowel. I don't know why, but something irresistibly attracted me to it. It seems to have some mysterious occult vibes; very strange.

Anyway, what with a nice pointy trowel and a soup ladle, our digging should really pick up speed now!

Agent Archaic

PS: Been practicing throwing with the trowel at a target. I think i might make a pretty good Ninja Warrior Death Star.

Comment

• Hi Carol

Calling Coginimbus, Calling Coginimbus.
                                Over....

Oh, there you are. I was going to say something really pithy and sharp to you but Cissy and Dolly are taking up all my time at the moment. They need a lot of looking efter. So be grateful I'm letting you get away with it this time.

Actually, old chap, we need your help with pinkmoon. He's driving us NUTS. All we get from him is 'I'm still bored'. Doesn't he realise there's a war on! We've tried our best to cheer him up but have run out of ideas.

Are you still in England? It would help us a lot if you could start a tunnel at your end. GUT is getting so fed up as he's the only one at the moment working on a tunnel. Us three girls and Agent Archaic are planning to start one on Monday. We think we'll start it in the hen house at the bottom of the yard. Bunny has managed to find two large serving spoons and a soup ladle. So that means that she, Cissy and Dolly can get started. As usual I'll be looking after the administration side of things. Not an easy job but someone's got to do it.
                                I know where there are plenty of escape tunnels...trouble is that GUT, despite being a splendid sort of chappy, has this down-under sense of inferiority which alas affects all his decisions...

Could you perhaps counter this complex by suggesting that six inch australasian measurements are replaced by sesquipedalian calculations....

Comment

Working...
                                X