No announcement yet.

Wiki: Jack the Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for that Glenn. There's also references to Chisholm and others (who have thought Kelly a non-ripper job) in an interview with SPE in the casebook.

I'll sort it soon.

Cheers
    John

Comment

That's true, John.
      It shall also be noted that this is also shortly mentioned in Evan's & Gainey's book The Lodger, where there is a reference to Chisholms theory and where such thoughts are discussed.

All the best
      The Swedes are the Men that Will not Be Blamed for Nothing

Comment

Just an update that the main Casebook's "Victims" section is now fully integrated into the wiki project, just as we've done with "Witnesses". Hopefully this will allow us to keep these pages more up-to-date with the latest finds, changes, etc.

Cheers -

Stephen

Comment

Hi all,

Some of you may (or may not) have noticed that after an initial 6-month rush, little has been done on the Wiki for a few weeks now.

I feel that many potential entries (senior police officials for example) are too complicated for me personally, but there must be others out there who have a better grip on them than I do.

I know I've been blitzing it somewhat and it's great that others (you know who you are) have produced great stuff, but I'm a bit spent with new book stuff and work.

With that in mind, there are over 40 users registered to contribute. Would anybody else care to muscle in on the 'wanted' pages? Or anything?

John
          Last edited by John Bennett; 04-30-2009, 10:06 PM.

Comment

John

Yes, I had noticed that there was a bit of a lull following the enormous amount of work you had put into the project. I do hope to contribute further in the future, though I'd better not try to predict when.

One thought I had was that trying to produce a complete article is a much more forbidding task than contributing individual bits of information. If it would be acceptable to have some lists of rough notes where pages don't yet exist, it might make it easier for people to add new pieces of information as they come to light, without having to worry about composing a whole article.

Comment

Hi Chris,

The easiest way to find out what is needed is to go to to THE WANTED LIST. This lists all links in the Wiki that have yet to have a page made for them.

I did start John McCarthy a while back and haven't got round to adding to it.

There are several other articles that are very brief and will need developing, but as they have been effectively started, they will not appear on the wanted list. They are:

Walter Dew
              Walter Andrews
              George Bagster Phillips
              John Pizer
              Francis Camps
              Israel Schwartz
              Thomas Horrocks Openshaw
              Lyttleton Forbes Winslow
              William Sedgewick Saunders

Hope this helps.

Cheers
              John

Comment

John

Of those you mention, John Pizer and Israel Schwartz are among the ones I had in mind for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                  John

Of those you mention, John Pizer and Israel Schwartz are among the ones I had in mind for the future.
                  That's right. I knew had had some in the bag, but couldn't remember which ones!

Comment

Reorganisation

For those who refer to the Wiki categories pages, you may note that the list of entries are jumbled up at the moment - either they are listed alphabetically by first letter, or by surname.

I am currently correcting the category list so that all named entries are sorted by surname, thus making it a bit easier to find people, especially witnesses (of which there are now 170-odd) and police officials (who are often referred to by surname in any case).

Sorry if this is all a bit confusing, but it should all be sorted soon.

Cheers
                    JB

Comment

All done.

People's names within category lists have now been sorted by surname, except the victims as there's only 20 of those.

Comment

Diddles has his own!...Thanks John! xxxx Maybe a pic next!!!
                        'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Maybe.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	DIDDERS5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	657575

On Mrs Prater's Doorstep no doubt!!!!!.....cue for a song!!!

Gawd hope it's not toooooo big!!!!

Suz xxxx
                          Last edited by Suzi; 09-05-2009, 05:23 PM.
                          'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Call for contributors

Originally posted by John Bennett View Post
                            Hi all,

I feel that many potential entries (senior police officials for example) are too complicated for me personally, but there must be others out there who have a better grip on them than I do.

John
                            The wanted pages of the Wiki are now mostly made up of Senior Police officials - Anderson, Swanson, Reid etc. I haven't touched them yet and it's a bit daunting, to be honest.

If anybody can put in a nice entry for any these folks, it would be great. If you are a bit iffy about wiki coding, that shouldn't be a problem. Send me a doc. file of text and I can transfer it into the format, sources and all. The Stephen White page was done this way (thanks Rob C!).

I thought I'd just clear some outstanding entries before launching into other things like big suspects...

Any offers, just PM me.

Muchos gracias (?)
                            John

Comment

Working...
                            X