Gordon Brown resigning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Graham View Post
    So, Steve, you agree with Limehouse when she summarises the life of a person she has never met and knows nothing about - i.e., me - with a 'hear, hear, couldn't agree more?'

I wasn't going to respond to her post, to be honest, but now that you've put your usual clumsy oar into the muddied waters of this silly thread, I will say that Ms Limehouse doesn't know what she's talking about apropos my good self.

And by the way, it's actually HEAR! HEAR! not HERE HERE!

Graham
    Another verse from the Lennon classic comes to mind.

Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV,
    And you think you're so clever and classless and free,
    But you're still f*ck*ng peasants as far as I can see,
    A working class hero is something to be,

Comment

• Originally posted by Graham View Post
      So, Steve, you agree with Limehouse when she summarises the life of a person she has never met and knows nothing about - i.e., me - with a 'hear, hear, couldn't agree more?'

I wasn't going to respond to her post, to be honest, but now that you've put your usual clumsy oar into the muddied waters of this silly thread, I will say that Ms Limehouse doesn't know what she's talking about apropos my good self.

And by the way, it's actually HEAR! HEAR! not HERE HERE!

Graham
      Hi Graham,

I was trying hard not to offend you (which is why, in my post, I explained I was trying to be general rather than specific) and if I have offended you or upset you in any way I apologise. My post was really just a response to your point that, although a life-long trade union member, you had never voted labour. I respect you highly as you always try to be fair to everyone - and of course you have excellent taste in music.

Apologies once aGAIN.

Julie

Comment

• Caz, Isn't the ability to make judgements, whether or not we agree on them, part of what makes us human and separates us from uhhhhm....flatworms??
        Cheers,
        cappuccina

"Don't make me get my flying monkeys!"

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveS View Post
          Another verse from the Lennon classic comes to mind.
          But that was not really what I was trying to say though, Steve.

Julie

Comment

• Originally posted by caz View Post
            To be fair, Nats, I can only go by what you write. Assuming that's a matter of personal choice, it's a part of who you are, just like one's upbringing or looks - the difference being that some things we have no control over. The price for having control over what we write is being judged on it.

As I believe you have judged others, like Anderson. Maybe he would say the same about you - "You don't know me". But you still feel entitled to judge the man, and that's fair enough, isn't it?

Love,

Caz
            X
            Caz,
            There was something horribly unfair actually about Anderson .To actually have gone into print and proclaimed to the World that he "knew the identity of Jack the Ripper" ---particularly when Smith and Abberline and Dew ,Littlechild and Godley and Reid ---and numbers of others-"there at the time' said the Rippers identity was never discovered-and Smith added that he was making reckless assertions and railed about the "injustice" of it in his famous footnote.
            No there was actually something pretty obscene as well about how Anderson "judged"!
            Here was the "suspect" apparently named Kosminski by Macnaghten [his second choice} in the 1894 internal memo, a defenceless,mentally ill young man,with no criminal record whatever,never brought to trial,never even arrested-but because he was sick and confined to an asylum for thirty years---and was still very much alive when Anderson makes his ghastly accusation against him,---as was his mother his family and friends---- but yet, Anderson "chose" ,not only to say he knew it for sure etc, but never even bothered ,let alone failed to provide ,the public with any real evidence whatsoever .The only evidence he tried to provide were yet more offensive accusations about the manner in which "low class Polish Jews" tried to "shield one of their own,[such as "Jack the Ripper"] from Gentile Justice!
            Best
            Norma
            No trial by jury---no evidence whatever to support his claim and a pile of deeply offensive remarks about the Polish Jewish Community of Whitechapel!
            And you ask me to be fair about him!
            Last edited by Natalie Severn; 05-19-2010, 11:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Limehouse View Post

Julie

But I enjoyed that quote of Steve"s from Lennon"s "Working Class Hero".Good for him!

Comment

• Originally posted by cappuccina View Post
                Caz, Isn't the ability to make judgements, whether or not we agree on them, part of what makes us human and separates us from uhhhhm....flatworms??
                Er, yes, Capps.

That was kind of the point I was trying to make.

Nats seems to think I can't make a judgement about her from what she chooses to write, even though she can - and does - judge others. In fact, when it comes to Anderson, she takes it to an art form.

Love,

Caz
                X
                "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• Originally posted by Natalie Severn View Post
                  And you ask me to be fair about him!
                  So where did I do that, Nats?

I asked you to be fair about me.

I expect you to judge Anderson. I even said that was 'fair enough'. But when I judged you, and expressed surprise to see you lower yourself and call a woman 'plain', for no apparent reason other than spite, you said that I don't know you.

How can people so spectacularly misread a few words?

Love,

Caz
                  X
                  Last edited by caz; 05-20-2010, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cappuccina View Post
                    Caz, Isn't the ability to make judgements, whether or not we agree on them, part of what makes us human and separates us from uhhhhm....flatworms??
                    Omg, despite the fact that cappuccino tried to smear my name on another thread, on this point I actually agree....this is a sign of a world gone mad

Comment

• Caz,
                      If you want to keep having goes at me personally , would you mind taking it to email rather than spending time trying to illustrate to everybody what a nasty and spiteful person I am on this public message board-----
                      Thanks
                      Norma

Comment

• Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
                        Julie
                        I know it wasn't. It was in reply to Graham's post, which just happened to mention you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Natalie Severn View Post
                          Caz,
                          If you want to keep having goes at me personally , would you mind taking it to email rather than spending time trying to illustrate to everybody what a nasty and spiteful person I am on this public message board-----
                          Thanks
                          Norma
                          No need, Nats. And no point. We obviously keep misunderstanding each other.

Better to leave it there, I think.

Have a restful weekend.

Love,

Caz
                          X

Comment

• Originally posted by caz View Post
                            No need, Nats. And no point. We obviously keep misunderstanding each other.

Better to leave it there, I think.

Have a restful weekend.

Love,

Caz
                            X
                            The net isn"t always helpful when it comes to making meaning clear.The stress put on different words in exactly the same sentence-or even a different type of stress on the same word,can alter meaning entirely,as can altering word order slightly-so yes, misunderstandings can happen that way or for lots of other innocent reasons!
                            So yes,lets leave it at that Caz and move on,
                            No harm done,
                            All the Best and have a good weekend!
                            Norma

Comment

Working...
                            X