kennedy assassination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Ally,

I remember seeing that. CBS did the same thing many yeas ago.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

For anyone here who hasn't seen it, there is an excellent Kennedy Assassination website called JFK MURDER SOLVED.
      allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

I just find it interesting that people continue to cling to the false idea that the bullet COULDN'T have made all those wounds when demonstration after demonstration has shown that it absolutely could have happened. People need their conspiracies regardless of the facts to the contrary. It's like atrocities aren't interesting enough all on their own...no, there has to be a conspiracy behind it to make it really juicy.

There are none so blind...etc.

Let all Oz be agreed;
        I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

. would a mafia boss, or a cia operative or anyone in a "position" seeking a guy(s) to take part in a conspiracy to kill the president of the united states employ the likes of oswald to take part in the killing ,and the likes of ruby to help in the "clean-up" operation? id suggest that going by whats known of oswald and ruby ,they would be almost the exact opposite of what would be required. anyway there would have been much easier,simplier and less public ways to acheive the same ensd im sure.
          stephen,
          as for bugliosi being a"see-you -next -tuesday" he could well be,but give him credit for spending 20 years reseaching and writing his book...and explaining and verifying every observation he makes with references of impeccable qualities( sometimes he goes overboard) but in my mind too much detail is better than not enough. if only all so-called researchers of non-fiction works did the same, most of the so-called popular ..mysteries would be shown not to be mysteries at all...leastways not as big anyhow.
          regards

Comment

Originally posted by dougie View Post
            stephen,
            bugliosis book was 20 years in the writing,i dont think he wrote it as way of "endorsing the official line",thats not saying his view is necessarilly the correct verdict. but i suggest you read it,then debunk his debunking (if that makes sense)
            as for manson,he dealt in psuedo logic, just the thing coupled with lsd, mescaline etc to influence disturbed young "followers" which comprised his "family".........of murderers .are you seriously suggesting manson is an innocent victim languishing unfairly in the penitentiary? and it wasnt just bugliosi who "got him"..i believe there was a jury involved too somewhere he might not have been present at the tate murders or the la biancas....but there were several other murders too..some say as many as 30. the argument that manson didnt kill anyone and therefore is innocent is about as valid as saying hitler, heydrich and himmler were innocent of any of the holocaust crimes merely because they didnt gas anyone themselves.
            regards

Hi, I started at the end and started working back, so I don't yet know all that's been said here, but your mentioning of Bugliosi reminded me. I saw a report yesterday that the ranch where Manson & Co. hung out is being investigated because there is the suspicion of murder victims being buried there. Holy cow. I'll see if I can find the report again and figure out where to post it.

Sorry I temporarily hijacked your thread, folks.
            "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Hi dougie

Well Oswald I reckon was a 'patsy' as he said so himself and as for Ruby I imagine his bosses said something like 'Hey Jackie baby, we've got a slight problem here and we need you to take out this Oswald guy before he squeals and here's the good bit, you'll come out of it as a great American hero. Don't do it and you're dead. We know we can count on you'.

Did you check out the youtube videos showing what a hypocrite Bugliosi is?

CT stands for Conspiracy Theorist apparently.

See you next Tuesday .
              allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Thomas View Post
                Hi dougie

Well Oswald I reckon was a 'patsy' as he said so himself and as for Ruby I imagine his bosses said something like 'Hey Jackie baby, we've got a slight problem here and we need you to take out this Oswald guy before he squeals and here's the good bit, you'll come out of it as a great American hero. Don't do it and you're dead. We know we can count on you'.

Did you check out the youtube videos showing what a hypocrite Bugliosi is?

CT stands for Conspiracy Theorist apparently.

See you next Tuesday .
                stephen,
                oh right i see, now why did i think CT stood for something else? actually i cant stop giggling over that error of mine..oh well..at least i wont make that same mistake again.
                if oswald was set up as a patsy before the event,what would have happened if oswald had taken the day off? the ruby scenario is plausible,but doesnt include the others that would need to be involved....the copper who supposedly let him in the side entrance for example.....and of course id imagine anyone who was involved in the conspiracy would be killed pretty soon afterwards,right down to the "middle men" and any minor players. ruby by all accounts was a highly unstable person,he prob saw the opening and took it,and prob did think hed end up as the typical flag waving,apple pie munching, toe curling all american moron er i mean hero ill try look at that you tube item when i can get it to work.
                regards

Comment

When I lived in the USA (from 1976 to 1980) JFK was still somewhat revered as 'the best president America ever had', and so forth. In particular, and obviously, he was still seen as the man who faced down the Soviet Union.
                  I can recall having debates as to whether Kennedy would have taken the USA into Vietnam on the massive scale that Johnson did.

Is JFK still thought of in this way? Is he thought of at all?

Cheers,

Graham
                  We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Kennedy withdrew our missiles from Turkey and promised not to invade Cuba again in order to get the Soviets to remove their missiles from same so the final score was actually USSR=2 and US=1. Not exactly "facing down" the Soviet Union. Of course it was played here like we prevailed.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                      Kennedy withdrew our missiles from Turkey and promised not to invade Cuba again in order to get the Soviets to remove their missiles from same so the final score was actually USSR=2 and US=1. Not exactly "facing down" the Soviet Union. Of course it was played here like we prevailed.
                      That's how it was seen at the time, Stan, on both sides of the pond. And I'm pretty sure JFK didn't want a repeat of the Bay of Pigs, either.

Cheers,

Graham
                      We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Oswalds suicide bid in the USSR suggests he was mentally unbalanced rather than a CIA plant.

Whats intruiging about Ruby is his wiring of money to one of his girls at the exact time Oswald was due to be transferred. If Oswald hadnt requested a change of clothing Ruby would have arrived too late to kill him.

Comment

My dads older brother (dead now) living in Dallas at the time of Kennedy's murder and he always said no one rifleman could have inflicted the wounds that the president received. He said that everyone in Dallas belived in the conspiracy and how Oswald was set up. This was just street talk. But my uncle was an accountant who knew plenty of people in Dallas and he used to say how Jack Ruby owed something to the mafia which is why they set him up to kill Oswald. I dont know. Scary stuff. My uncle moved away and lived in New York til he died.

Phizzie

Comment

hi
                            ive just finished reading the book which was the subject of the post i began here....after reading it, i feel more than ever that oswald was the lone gunman..there was no conspiracy either in the assassination or in jack rubys shooting of oswald....the only faint doubt i have is regarding rubys entrance to the building on the day oswald was shot...im not going to list the reasons why cos that would just be using bugliosis words and deductions and presenting them as mine, which would be a blatant imposition. im not trying to sell the book believe me, but i was staggered by the amount of information within..each statement he makes is impeccabley referenced and cross referenced with voluminous notes..i cant find fault with it..no issues left hanging in the air, no unconvincing reasons for believing what he does. i would say it is the definitive and final word ..i cant see a better or more authoratitive work ever emerging.
                            regards

Comment

Dougie,

Just an observation, old chap, but your exceedingly interesting posts would be a darn sight easier to read, and even more interesting, if only you were able to locate the 'caps' key on your keyboard.

As to Ruby zonking Oswald in the cop-shop, unless old Jack knew in advance what was going on, then this has to rate as one of the world's Greatest Known Coincidences.

Pip-pip!

Graham

Comment

So why didn't the Mafia then have to take Ruby out?

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X