Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 1969 Moon Landing Was Completely Hoaxed !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for that, Jeff. You've tied the whole thing up very neatly.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
      I thought the Big Bang producers put it up there for one episode.
      They did - the episode that introduced Penny's boy friend, the slightly dim, Zack, to the show, where the three PhD's, and Walowitz are watching the experiment shooting at the Moon with a lazer (which Zack fears may cause the Moon to explode).

[Actually Zack has gotten more savvy in him recently. In an episode this year, when hearing of the new guidance system and device the foursome made, he pointed out the Federal Government would soon be contacting them about giving them the rights to use it for defense - something they weren't thinking about].

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
        I've never met anyone who denied the Holocaust, but then it probably depends on your definition of the word.
        Read some of the books of David Irving for an example. Usually it is tied to a kind of vicious twist-of-the-knife anti-Semitism that the Jews lied for their own power advantage.

Jeff

Comment

You'll also find ISIS nutters and people of that ilk writing and preaching this nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
            Read some of the books of David Irving for an example. Usually it is tied to a kind of vicious twist-of-the-knife anti-Semitism that the Jews lied for their own power advantage.

Jeff
            As far as I know, Irving doesn't deny the existence of Nazi concentration camps. He just denies that the reported numbers were wiped out by gas chambers. And in fairness, there is no physical or scientific proof to support this, only eyewitnesses and Nazis who confessed under torture.

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
              Aw, it's all stuff and nonsense! The "Mythbusters" guys did an episode and busted all the claims the anti-moon landing crowd
              I'm fairly sure I saw a 'Mythbusters' that debunked every episode of Mythbusters...

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                I had always heard this but never really gave it any credence thinking it was just a handful of wackos basically of the same mind set as those who deny the Holocaust. But today I started looking online at YouTube videos which seemed to be endless. The people in the videos are absolutely convinced that said event never happened and that it was simply filmed on earth. They point out numerous inconsistencies and anomalies which at first blush seem quite significant. But what amazed me besides the apparent number of adherents to this conspiracy theory is that no evidence or explanation to the contrary can convince them otherwise since contrary evidence either comes directly from NASA itself or those working for NASA or whom NASA is paying to lie and misdirect. And of course the CIA is attempting to kill or silence those speaking out so that the public will finally learn the "truth". Absolutely amazing.

Oh and I also learned that Pope Francis is the antichrist and that we are living in the end times and that Michelle Obama is really a man and that her husband President Obama is gay and has had numerous ex gay lovers killed.

c.d.
                I would believe such a landing could take place, except there is no such thing as "the moon". It's a construct which facilitates a belief in werewolves and the like and allows us to imagine that somehow we can seek to understand the universe. We need that false dichotomy in our lives: good and evil; god (doesn't exist) and the devil (ever present); the opportunity to travel the universe and the fear of werewolves.

"The moon" is the result of a few over-active imaginations fuelled by too many vitamin C drinks and the rest of us all fall into line and accept the party line verbatim, except I.

But, if by some freak of nature there is an actual moon I'd imagine a boat load of people own property there and simply aren't letting on to the competition that there is a market on the moon. Possibly even some on this board have a few rows of terraced houses there let out to students at a reasonable fee.

Comment

Watch a few Flat Earth videos on YouTube and you'll quickly realise that some folks just like spouting utter rubbish for the sake of it. Their bellendery knows no bounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                    I've never met anyone who denied the Holocaust, but then it probably depends on your definition of the word.
                    I have never met one either, Harry but they are definitely out there. Denial can run the gamut all the way up to it never happened and it is a fabrication.

c.d.

Comment

What was interesting in reading the comments that came along with the YouTube videos is that for the most part the commentators seemed fairly intelligent way more so than you would expect but they all seemed to not surprisingly have a deep distrust of government.

c.d.

Comment

C.D., a quick look at the electoral situation in America, especially the nominee from the Republican party, will explain the whole thing.

Be good,

Billy

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                          What was interesting in reading the comments that came along with the YouTube videos is that for the most part the commentators seemed fairly intelligent way more so than you would expect but they all seemed to not surprisingly have a deep distrust of government.

c.d.
                          With regards to these youtube commentators having a deep distrust of government. I came on here to post a very similar point. During the late eighties Chanel 4 had a show dedicated to the "fake" moon landings. It was not a documentary show but a sort of discussion/panel show. What stuck out like a sore thumb were was the anti-Americanism going on. At first the discussion dealt with why the contributors thought the landing were fake. However, as each commercial break passed the contributions became increasing concerned with indicting America and its role in the cold war. If the show wasn't sponsored by the KGB it certainly should have been.

Comment

Working...
                          X