Tumblety in the Evening Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Simon and Trevor,

Since both of you wrongfully believe Tumblety was in jail after November 7th until the 14th, I'll post for both of you.

Just as the court calendar and reports support, Tumblety was arrested without a warrant on suspicion on November 7th (Court calendar: 'when received into custody'), on November 14th a warrant was issued for him (Court calendar: 'Date of warrant, Nov 16, 1888') and on the 16th, he paid bail and was released (Court calendar: 'Bailed Nov 16th'). Sorry, he was free on November 18th for another arrest WITHOUT a warrant.

Facts fit.

Simon, I can't believe you think Tumblety was in jail during the Kelly murder.
    The Ripper's Haunts/JtR Suspect Dr. Francis Tumblety (Sunbury Press)
    http://www.michaelLhawley.com

Comment

Hi Mike,

Facts fit?

They do if you take a sledge hammer and beat them into submission.

With all due respect to SPE, he is wrong. In 1888 the police bail mechanism he describes did not exist.

Regards,

Simon
      Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

So, let me get this right, Simon. I don't think it's a coincidence that you have always pushed the Sir George Arthur issue and it was in the article you helped Trevor with. Why have you automatically accepted the Sir George Arthur story, but don't accept that Tumblety was first arrested on suspicion when the New York World November 17 article speaks of both? Either you accept the Sir George Arthur story AND Tumblety first being arrested on suspicion or you reject both. Or, you're cherry picken'. Hmmm.

Comment

Hi Mike,

Let's get something straight. Aside from grammar, punctuation and the correction of a few literals I did not assist Trevor with his article.

You on the other hand have amply demonstrated your gullibility and also the fact that you are something of a law unto yourself. You unquestioningly accept all the Tumblety BS whilst dismissing out of hand the Sir George Arthur story.

So I could equally accuse you of cherry-picking.

In later years Sir George Arthur was Private Secretary to, and biographer of, Earl Herbert Kitchener and, according to private correspondence, one evening the two men had a relaxed conversation.

I'll leave you to guess which humorous anecdote Sir George Arthur imparted to the British military leader and statesman.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Oh no, I know darn well Sir George Arthur was wearing a slouch hat and was arrested 'on suspicion' just like Tumblet was. The source of the Arthur story was the exact same source who discovered Francis Tumblety was arrested on suspicion, The New York World London correspondent. Thus, no cherry picking on my part.

I'm still perplexed as to why you think Assistant Commissioner Anderson would even have bothered to solicit information on Ripper suspect, Francis Tumblety, POST Kelly murder, if he would clearly have known Tumblety's time in jail. Anderson wasn't just looking for signatures, but ANYTHING the Brooklyn authorities had on Tumblety.

Sincerely,

Mike

Comment

Hi Mike,

I'm outta here until such time as you get a new set of Duracells for your broken flashlight, or a brain transplant.

I don't care which.

Regards,

Simon
              Last edited by Simon Wood; 01-26-2015, 11:54 AM. Reason: spolling mistook

Comment

Getting back to David's find for a brief moment, if anyone is still interested.

The New York World's Dunham article, that was reprinted in the 13th December, 1888 issue of the Evening Post, also appeared in the 26th of December, 1888, issue of the Dundee Courier & Argus and probably in other British papers as well. This tends to prove that Tumblety's name, in connection with the Whitechapel Murders, appeared more than we had originally suspected in the British Press. This suggests that the original theory, that Tumblety was unknown in Britain in connection with the Whitechapel Murders because he was an important suspect who had embarrassingly slipped through Scotland Yard's fingers and they had hushed the whole thing up, is wrong. As is the theory that Tumblety's name didn't appear because of U.K. libel laws.

Sorry to interrupt.

Wolf.

Comment

Just wondering what this is all about.

"What do you know about the removal of the Dear Boss letter from the archives, and what happened to it thereafter before it was returned" ?

Comment

My guess is that some tosser has informed Trevor '*wat' pot that at one point the Dear Boss letter was released into your care for a conference meeting..

I might add not one I attended…

But My guess is, and I don't know that Trevor is trying to suggest something based on that conference, he is after all a complete and utter swat, and I will probably be ban for saying so…

However casebook, I don't give a damn, (I'm a loan shark)

Trevor Marriot loves **** stirring, and I'm afraid Paul you are a victim of this tosser trying to make trouble about something which he is obviously jealous

Frankly i wish the authorities would have given me this honour

And I must say how privileged I was to see (Handle indirectly) The marginalia TLSOMOL… Fantastic.. only you...

You are and have always been a God…. and in Ripperology circles you are ZEUS…(of ripperology)

And if this is my last post on casebook (And lets face it they are going to 'need me' after my visit to surrey: watch this space)

….+uck was it worth it

Jeff Leahy
                    Producer/Director The Definative Story

PS don't know where that leaves Fido and Skinner…xxxx
                    Last edited by Jeff Leahy; 01-26-2015, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Hi All,

I know where Dear Boss was prior to its return to Scotland Yard from Croydon.

But wild horses could not make me tell.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                        Hi All,

I know where Dear Boss was prior to its return to Scotland Yard from Croydon.

But wild horses could not make me tell.

Regards,

Simon
                        Doing its 'rounds' at the Princess Alice?

Does Leather Apron know?

Jx

PS I'm dyslexic ,,, I'm not a loan shark but alone sharky thingy…i.e. I don't give people money
                        Last edited by Jeff Leahy; 01-26-2015, 03:12 PM.

Comment

PS ..I'm happy to be officially ban from casebook for calling Trevor Marioot a … you fill in the long standing potential words…

But My partner and I are currently going through …lets say private records..that will change what Marriot believes forever…

Goodnight casebook…sweat dreams

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf Vanderlinden View Post
                            Getting back to David's find for a brief moment, if anyone is still interested.

The New York World's Dunham article, that was reprinted in the 13th December, 1888 issue of the Evening Post, also appeared in the 26th of December, 1888, issue of the Dundee Courier & Argus and probably in other British papers as well. This tends to prove that Tumblety's name, in connection with the Whitechapel Murders, appeared more than we had originally suspected in the British Press. This suggests that the original theory, that Tumblety was unknown in Britain in connection with the Whitechapel Murders because he was an important suspect who had embarrassingly slipped through Scotland Yard's fingers and they had hushed the whole thing up, is wrong. As is the theory that Tumblety's name didn't appear because of U.K. libel laws.

Sorry to interrupt.

Wolf.
                            Hi Wolf,

Point well taken.

Sincerely,

Mike

Comment

Hi Jeff,

Surrey, eh?

Are they giving you the iced water treatment at Banstead?

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Hi All,

David's excellent find of the Evening Post article appears to suggest that in his 1913 letter Littlechild was not revealing anything about Tumblety which George R. Sims, the avid Ripperphile, had not already been aware of in 1888 and subsequently dismissed in favour of Macnaghten's drowned doctor.

Regards,

Simon
                                Last edited by Simon Wood; 01-26-2015, 11:26 PM. Reason: spolling mistook

Comment

Working...
                                X