Rippercast Episode 52: The Conference in York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rippercast Episode 52: The Conference in York

Rippercast is pleased to announce that Episode 52 was taped, and has been edited and should be live shortly. Due to a conflict in scheduling Jonathan Menges unfortunately was not able to host it. We would both like to extend our gratitude to Neil Bell, Melanie Clegg, Mark Ripper, Trevor Bond, Neil Storey and Rob House, all of whom agreed to be guinea pigs and allow me to experiment using the software I started learning literally 3 days before we taped.

As my maiden voyage (cough) we decided a low-key discussion of the Conference in York shouldn't prove to be too arduous insofar as editing went, however we failed to take into consideration Trevor Bond and Mark Ripper's fervent determination to get us all sent up the river!

Thanks so much to everyone for their patience with my amateurish efforts and I hope you all look forward to more Rippercasts to come.

It's up: http://www.casebook.org/podcast/listen.html?id=101
    Last edited by Ally; 10-24-2012, 08:47 PM.

Let all Oz be agreed;
    I need a better class of flying monkeys.

I thought it turned out very well for Ally's first outing as host and editor.

And her guests couldn't have been better.

Congratulations,

You've got the job.

JM

Comment

I agree Jon,

Ally has done excellently well in bringing the podcast back during your unfortunate absence. For which you are missed.

I know Ally has worked hard, very hard on this. Kudos to her for that.

I enjoyed doing it, good friends having a chat, and apologise for the closeness of my mic. Not a good idea when one is fighting off an illness.

I would love to hear more, re visit old avenues, expand on the new as well. I'm sure I'm not on my own in this wish.

Monty
      Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Fantastic news the podcasts are back my night time work will be all the better for it i have now listened to most of rippercast about 10 times each and have learned a lot in doing so ........Some great subjects to come surely .......

Joseph Barnett ....suspect ??

James Kelly ....Suspect ???

Comment

It was great fun and I am equally chuffed to see the podcasts back both as guest and listener. As for Steve's suggestions, I think a Barnett episode could be good; personally I'd have less to contribute to a James Kelly one, but who knows, there may be people out there who could make it work.

Seriously, if any listeners knew the raw material that Ally had to work with on this one, given various technical problems throughout the recording, they would be hailing her as a genius. Top, top work Mrs R.

Looking forward to the next one.

Comment

Strangely,Ally's intro was completely "feedbacked" on my steam-driven computer,but the rest was fine.............

Comment

Originally posted by jmenges View Post
              Congratulations,

You've got the job.

JM
              Ha. Ha. Ha. You're a funny, funny man. Now get back to work so I can go back to being a slacker. I much prefer it!

Originally posted by Monty
              I would love to hear more, re visit old avenues, expand on the new as well. I'm sure I'm not on my own in this wish.
              Great you volunteered for the next one! See you there.

Originally posted by StanleyS
              Strangely,Ally's intro was completely "feedbacked" on my steam-driven computer,but the rest was fine.............
              Yeah I do want to stress I REALLY am still learning how to work the software (one week in) so I had to drop the intro in and when I recorded it later, I couldn't figure out how to eliminate the static sound. I'll practice more before the next one and hopefully improve a bit before trying it again. I was afraid if I fiddled too much I'd end up completely screwing it up. Now that it's published I plan to take the old raw footage and completely go nuts trying to figure out how to improve it for next time.

Let all Oz be agreed;
              I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Hey,it was fine...Given a few bottles of Black Sheep,it would have been like being back in the hotel bar..........

Comment

Originally posted by Steve S View Post
                  Hey,it was fine...Given a few bottles of Black Sheep,it would have been like being back in the hotel bar..........
                  I still can't believe they ran out of that on Saturday!

Comment

I bought the last bottle just before my talk!

Comment

Originally posted by tnb View Post
                      It was You!

Comment

Well this was a nice surprise to find in my rss feed earlier. At first when I noticed a new entry under Rippercast I thought my rss reader might be playing up!
                        Special thanks to Ally and a thanks to all who participated.
                        These are not clues, Fred.
                        It is not yarn leading us to the dark heart of this place.
                        They are half-glimpsed imaginings, tangle of shadows.
                        And you and I floundering at them in the ever vainer hope that we might corral them into meaning when we will not.
                        We will not.

Comment

Congratulations and thanks to all concerned, particularly Ally. Listened to it last night...good podcast everyone!

All the best

Dave

Comment

I don't think you'd want to hear more from me Ally.

Monty
                            Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Originally posted by tnb View Post
                              Not to mention most of them the previous night...

Comment

Working...
                              X