kmz thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kmz thread

For the free exchange of geographic data via the file form KMZ.
    Attached Files
    We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

me first me first me first oh oh oh!!!!

Oh yeah.....very satisfying!
    Attached Files

Comment

i smell BACON!!!!!!

points on the bacon overlays. Dave
      Attached Files

Comment

creating a kmz file

Once you have inserted a a placemark (the yellow pin icon atop the ge screen into the main field of ge, you will see the name that you have given that placemark appear in the list to the left side of the screen. Highlight the name, goto "file" in the ge toolbar, click the sub menu open. Select save place as, and the name you already have will appear in the save box followed by the kmz extension. If you highlight a folder, all the placemarks in that folder are included. Dave

Comment

I have found my external drive!

So here are some kmz's from the geII thread. Dave
          Attached Files

Comment

and for the intrepid among you.....

The kmz of the google earth II thread is now on humyo in the kmz folder. It is called mnIII. It is 124 Mb. It contains all ripper related material I had while the geII thread was alive including the overlays. It is large,but it may beat doing it piecemeal. Dave

Comment

bishopgate police station

Colin pointed out my error, and I corrected it after making the mnIII kmz. Here is the revision. Dave
              Attached Files

Comment

New file in KMZ folder

Thanks to the wonderful donation of Mr. Simon Wood, we have an 1888 ord. survey overlay available at the following link. Thank You Simon! Dave

Comment

and let that be a lesson.....

Did you see how quick I took the donation of Mr. Wood and overlayed it in ge. Let that be a lesson to all of you holding electronic forms of pertinent maps! Dave

Comment

o.k. kids!

I am a half blind stroke boy in Kansas. I am quite sure some of the plots need correcting. If we as a community are to have the right data, someone needs to cowboy up on the plots. Dave

Comment

to clarify

I have some faith in my plots but I would defer to someone like Mr. Clack or Mr. Bennet in a heartbeat. Those posters in London who decide to share have a much better idea than I do. Consider the plots in MNIII as a starting point for our collective accumulation of geographic data. Dave

Comment

since I am at it!

Since I have undertaken to radically improve the accuracy of my plots, I have taken the opprotunity to try something different. Here is a kmz I would like people to try and report back on. Just click the icon to go to a thread with photos of the location. This is something I would like to do as time permits, but only if people think it worthwile. Dave
                        Attached Files

Comment

I'm sure whatever you've posted is brilliant, Dave, but I can't seem to open the file. When one of my technologically-adept offspring has a moment, I'll ask for assistance and get back to you.

Comment

Originally posted by The Grave Maurice View Post
                            I'm sure whatever you've posted is brilliant, Dave, but I can't seem to open the file. When one of my technologically-adept offspring has a moment, I'll ask for assistance and get back to you.
                            It requires google earth be resident on your machine to open. Sorry. Dave

Comment

two and a feedback prayer

Here are two files with links embedded. One is to the wiki and one to the thread East end photos. Just click on the icon to open the link. Oh lord, give the users of casebook the strength to evaluate and report back on weather or not these were good. Thanks Dave
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X