X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no message in Miller's Court?

Hello,

I'm just brooding over it:

If the Ripper really wrote the grafitto in Goulston Street, why didn't he write another message at MJK's murder site?
    It was inside and he'd had enough time to write one. Has he forgotton to bring his piece of chalk? Was he disappointed about the obliteration of the GSG? Or wasn't he the author of the GSG?

Best regards,
    Frank

Hi Frank

Some people will tell you that he did write a message at MJK's murder site - FM on the wall of her room. Read some of the Maybrick threads on the boards if you haven't already.

I suppose there are as many answers to 'why not' as there are to 'if', but if we assume JTR was responsible for the Goulston Street graffito, then I guess there are many possible reasons why he didn't leave a message there. Not least of which might be that assuming the same killer for the canonical 5, we have here a serial killer who is seldom predictable, and virtually never consistent.

Maybe he did forget his chalk.

Comment

Hi Crystal,

I can't see any letters FM on the wall, but maybe that's due to my myopia. But actually that whole Maybrick stuff doesn't convince me. I know if you process the MJK picture in an adequate way you can see the FM but I think only because you expect them to see. It is some kind of optical illusion.
      I think that there is no message because JTR never wrote any messages.

Comment

well maybe he didn't need to write a message this time, maybe he chose to communicate it verbally...who knows!

Comment

I entirely agree, Frank. I can't see the letters either - although I believe many people think they can. Seeing is believing, as they say.

Comment

Thats a good question that has been asked a number of times. My opinion is either he did not write it or he just took advantage of the backlash against the jews day/days before . It passed my mind maybe he knew Eddowes and would surely be questioned by the police and therefore did something drastic. If he did wrote it and was anti-semitic the question you posed gives it a doubt.
            Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
            M. Pacana

Comment

I don't think Jack wrote anything in Miller's Ct because he was so busy!
              Jack was enjoying himself.

Goulston St. Not Jack. Coincidence.

But it's made a lot of people think since then. Royal conspiracies, Masonic conspiracies, doctor conspiracies, police conspiracies.

Why not hooker conspiracies?
              http://oznewsandviews.proboards.com

Comment

Its possible the message was meant for Schwartz or Diemschutz. JTR possibly felt the need to write it to let others know the jews over there by dutfields yard are to blame for Eddowes. If they had left him alone Eddowes would be alive.

Comment

Dutfields and Goulston St. are areas frequented by Jews.Not so Dorset St.No point in it.
                  JTR also probably reflected that Goulston St. was inept.
                  MAK was to be his last planned victim.No point as long as he got away.If he used his chalk and was caught................um.............double oops!

Comment

There was no message in MJK's room because Jack had forgotten his chalk and wasted all that blood by cutting her throat first. Damn... by the time he realised his error, it was too late - the blood had congealed and was no good for writing with any more.

Or alternatively, there was no need for a message because Jack - Hutchinson in this scenario - had already left his anti-semitic message on the wall on Goulston Street, which then tied in perfectly with his statement about the man he saw with MJK (clearly a Jew). Not to say he planned the whole thing exactly as it happened, but that he'd already thought of using the Jews as an obvious, albeit popular, way of deflecting attention away from himself if need be. I'm half serious.

Comment

Using Jews as a method of deflecting blame,was quite popular long before JTR and afterwards.
                      Person seen with MAK was not "clearly" a Jew.A guy who was Jewish looking seems to pop up here and there,by memory.

Comment

Really? Using Jews was a method of deflecting blame that was popular outside the temporal parameters of the JTR mystery? That Hutchinson certainly knew what he was about, didn't he?

Comment

Even if JTR had written a message in Miller's Court, why should that be antisemitic. Apart from the GSG which I doubt to be written by JTR there is nothing to suggest that JTR was antisemitic. I am not sure but was any of his victims Jewish?

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch Rowe View Post
                            Its possible the message was meant for Schwartz or Diemschutz. JTR possibly felt the need to write it to let others know the jews over there by dutfields yard are to blame for Eddowes. If they had left him alone Eddowes would be alive.
                            OK man. This out of left field. You need to provide some evidence to back this up.
                            http://oznewsandviews.proboards.com

Comment

Mr.Hyde

Originally posted by Crystal View Post
                              Really? Using Jews was a method of deflecting blame that was popular outside the temporal parameters of the JTR mystery? That Hutchinson certainly knew what he was about, didn't he?
                              Yep!
                              Re Hutchison-he describes the man of Jewish appearance to be wearing button boots and gaiters-I surmise he meant spats,which would be in keeping with the rest of his attire.Cannot make out boots to be button boots under spats and certain types of gaiters.

Comment

Working...
                              X