This always bothered me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This always bothered me...

Hello, esteemed folks. Having read for quite some time, I thought it was time to jump in. I was hoping to find out from some of y'all this.

What is the one piece of eveidence that simply bothers you? That one little tidbit that doesn't add up? I know that their is quite a few, but I am curious what they are.

Mine is the fact that Mary Kelly was spotted in the morning approx 4 hours AFTER she was killed.

Thanks for all of your contributions and great lunchtime reading.

Reed

Hello

George Hutchinson`s statement, considering the wealth of detail he gave to the Police, we don`t have a description of what Kelly was wearing.

Comment

I think Mrs. Maxwell was simply mistaken about the date of the morning she saw Mary Kelly.

What really gets under my skin is the scant 9-minute window the Ripper had in which to lead Catherine Eddowes into Mitre Square, do all that he did to her, and then make his escape without being seen or heard before PC Watkins returned. I've raised the issue here before and people tell me it's not really that incredible if he just slashed like mad and took what he could get, but it still gives me the creeps.

Comment

I am of the opinion the Jack was in the shadows when that was done, and made his escape during the few minute window from the discovery the reurn of watkins.

The thing that bothers me about her being simply mistaken is this. She knew Mary and it was a significant day (The Lord's Mayor Show). If someone that I was even just casual with was brutally murdered on a significant day, I would certainly recall seeing that person. I am not insinuating that it wasn't Kelly or anything such as that. This is why it bothers me so much.

Granted, the body wasn't examined until 1ish, and their could have been time to do the deed in the early to mid morning, but this would certainly hinder the prospects of escape and was going against the m.o. of Jack, in that he preffered the night.

Comment

One of the things that confuses me the most is various sightings of men with diffrent discriptions. It really infuriates me how one victim can be seen with one type of man, and another is seen with a man totally the opposite. Was these witnesses seeing different men, seeing the same man and making different discriptions based on faulty memory, lighting, conditions etc or were the women seen not the victims but just ordinary ladies talking to men. If we had just one description, it would be so much easier, because now we have all different perceptions of who the Ripper was. He could be a poor looking foreighner, a rich foriegnher, a poor english man, a rich english man, he held a bag, he held a parcel, he held a watch, he held nothing, he had a bushy moustache, a thin moustache, a long moustache, no moustache. It never ends!

Kind regards,

Adam
          Best regards,
          Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

Comment

The element that is really infuriating when it comes to the multiple descriptions is that any theory has a witness to back up the appearance of the suspect proposed. The only witnesses that I truly respect are Scwartz, Lawende, and depending on my mood Hutchinson.

R

Comment

Originally posted by Leatherface View Post
              If someone that I was even just casual with was brutally murdered on a significant day, I would certainly recall seeing that person. I am not insinuating that it wasn't Kelly or anything such as that. .
              Fairly recently, probably on these boards, a poster I remember only as coming from Northern Wales suggested this person was impersonating Mary Jane Kelly and had been for some time. Until said poster came up with her theory, I always dismissed the sighting as a ghost or phantom memory.
              The sighting only started bothering myself when I decided Mary Kelly was the key to the case and my ghost theory didn't sit well anymore. Now I can rest easy with the impersonation theory. I hope this helps.
              Last edited by Tah; 12-28-2008, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Whether Stride was really a Ripper victim or not. Can never tell. Given the evidence I'd like to say she wasn't but then again, the lack of mutilations and the fact that JTR definately did kill a woman that night - after Stride's murder - seems to make sense given that Jack seems to kill for the thrill of the mutilations.

Comment

Working...
                X