Jack the Ripper Conference 2013 in London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fight

With the way some people talk with each other on here I think to put them in one room together could end up in a good old fashioned punch up!
    Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

I'll organise a collection for the Swanson stuff and see how it goes

Comment

I will bring along the diary I've just found in Liverpool
        Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

And I shall bring along some info on a Manchester attack I have unearthed , possibly relevant to the aforementioned diary discovered in Liverpool .....or possibly not

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
            And I shall bring along some info on a Manchester attack I have unearthed , possibly relevant to the aforementioned diary discovered in Liverpool .....or possibly not
            I won't hold my breath

Comment

The Manchester evening news back catalogue can be revealing

Comment

ONE place left at this year's conference!

Demand has been high for places at the 2013 Jack the Ripper Conference; so much so, that we now have just ONE space left.

For details of the planned events, and to book, visit www.ripperconference.com

First come, first served!

All the best

Andrew

Comment

London Jon Conference Special....cos we are all special

Yep, said I wouldn't do it again but here we are, for one final time, the London Job Conference Special......ta daaaaa

Yeah, anyways, please read below.

Ok, we are very aware that some of the delegates shall be arriving on Friday at various times, meaning they cannot make the start of the Conference London Job.

So below are a list of ideal rendez vous* locations for us to meet, and times, so you can join in.

~PLEASE NOTE – THE TIMES ARE APPROXIMANTION~

1PM – START AT THE BLIND BEGGAR

1.45 PM – SHERAZ (YE OLDEE FRYING PAN). BRICK LANE, NORTH OF OSBORN STREET.

2.10 PM – CHRIST CHURCH COMMERCIAL STREET. NEAR THE TEN BELLS PUBLIC HOUSE AND OPPOSITE SPITALFIELDS MARKET.

2.25PM – MUMBAI SQUARE 7 MIDDLESEX STREET, JUST DOWN FROM THE BELL PUBLIC HOUSE .

3.55PM – MITRE SQUARE, ALDGATE.

4.30PM – IBIS HOTEL CORNER, COMMERCIAL STREET/POMMELL WAY.

4.35PM – FINISH AT THE PRINCESS ALICE, COMMERCIAL STREET/WENTWORTH STREET JUNCTION.

Please note, this is for Conference delegates only. Tag-alongs shall be weeded out and thrown to the Conference enforcer....Liza.

*That was for our French speaking delegates, for the more ignorant amongst you, it kinda means meeting point.

Cheers
                  Monty
                  Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Hi all,

I have paid for the event but it's now looking like my attendance is in doubt. Having paid the full amount ( £125 ) , you can imagine how disappointed I am . I did contact the admin team to see if I could have a refund on the money but this was always unlikely. The event is sold out so I am just wondering whether there is anyone out there who would be willing to buy my place off me ?

With the event being fully subscribed to , I am hoping that I could possibly recoup my money whilst also ensuring someone else could take my seat so to speak.

If anyone is interested then please send me a PM

Cheers

Jason

Comment

Don't forget my LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD!

And to all you ladies planning on attending,

Don't bring stubbly legs!!!

Comment

You've already had it :

Oops, wrong Nelson.

Comment

Don't believe no-one else has mentioned it...But it was good!...looking at signs regarding work at Whitchapel station, this may have been the last chance to get a photo of the bridge over the railway in Durward St..............

Comment

Hi Steve. There's a couple of threads on the JTR forum with some great photos. I've found some good write ups on peoples Facebook pages and blogs as well.

Have a look at Jon Rees' Facebook page here (May need log in) https://www.facebook.com/jon.rees87/photos and Madame Guillotine's blog here http://madameguillotine.org.uk/2013/...nference-2013/.

Andrew Firth has some excellent photos on his Facebook album which I think are public so don't require log in https://www.facebook.com/andrew.firt...9431156&type=3

This was my first conference and I'm spoilt for life now. You couldn't meet two nicer blokes than Colin and Ricky Cobb and the work they and their team must have put in to this conference was unbelievable.

Everything went smoothly and we were all looked after superbly. The number and variety of talks and entertainment was amazing. The actors who recreated scenes from the investigation were spot on. There was just the right amount of breaks for lunch and coffee to give everyone a chance to chat and not feel rushed.

I have read about and studied the Whitechapel murders since the 70's and visit the area regularly, but there was not one speaker from whom I didn't learn something from or who didn't inspire me to look at my preconceptions from a different angle.

10/10. This conference may be equalled but it can't be bettered.

Being an idle so and so I didn't take many photos as I could see plenty of others were taking them and I didn't want to miss a thing by messing about with camera equipment. Below however are a couple taken in the White Hart after a 1st class dinner and entertainment in the Mumbai Square restaurant.

Myself centre, my wife, Trish, on the left and the irrepressible Liza on the right.

Ruby helps Constable Moody with his enquiries. Rosie on the left.
                            Post Tenebras Lux

Comment

Bloody 'ell Hutch,

Just realised who you are, why didn't you say hello, we could have had a chat.

Monty
                              Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                                Bloody 'ell Hutch,

Just realised who you are, why didn't you say hello, we could have had a chat.

Monty
                                Yeah......I was in there as well! Second conference for me....and first trip to the area for about 20 years!
                                Last edited by Steve S; 11-18-2013, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X