Did Jack kill more than three?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Jack kill more than three?

Why do you think, he killed more than three women?

If you were investigating the case, what would you say would be the reason you would link more than three women to his kill record?

Other than going along with the crowd, what is your insight on the murders?
    In the Land of the Blind, the one-eyed man is King !

He killed only three women: Liz Stride, Mary Kelly, and Elizabeth Short. Anything more than this is unsupported speculation.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Total Tally

Originally posted by NOV9 View Post
      Why do you think, he killed more than three women?

If you were investigating the case, what would you say would be the reason you would link more than three women to his kill record?

Other than going along with the crowd, what is your insight on the murders?
      I think he attacked seven women. Injured two and killed five. My five are:

Martha Tabram
      Nicholls
      Chapman
      Eddowes
      Kelly.

It would take an entire book ( in fact it did) to lay out all the reasons why I think this, so I think I will summerise by saying that these attacks had the most in common.

Comment

I stand by the opinion, that based on modus operandi, the deep throat cut and the fact that the womb appears to have been the target in at least two of the murders, we can only be quite sure of attributing three victims to the Ripper:
        Nichols, Chapman and Eddowes.
        The rest must remain open to debate, although it could very well turn out in the end that all five or more could be Ripper victims.

All the best
        The Swedes are the Men that Will not Be Blamed for Nothing

Comment

Bob Hinton writes:

"My five are:

Martha Tabram
          Nicholls
          Chapman
          Eddowes
          Kelly."

No, Bob, those are not your five. They are mine!

Tom of course offers an intriguing addition in Liz Short - talk about cutting deep!

The best!
          Fisherman

Comment

My first intention was to add Marilyn Monroe and Annie Farner as well to the list, but pulled out in the last minute.

All the best
            Last edited by Glenn Lauritz Andersson; 04-18-2008, 12:07 PM.
            The Swedes are the Men that Will not Be Blamed for Nothing

Comment

Hope you´re not drawing on any comparisons with Tabram here, Glenn...?

The best, pal!
              Fisherman

Comment

Hi,
                My list is as followes.
                Tabram,
                Nichols,
                Chapman,
                Long Liz,
                Eddowes,
                Kelly.
                It has to the above, otherwise my 39 theory is wrong, and that is impossible isnt it?.
                Regards Richard.

Comment

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

Sorry about that, Richard. At least I brought the bad news 39 times...

The best,
                  Fisherman

Comment

Hi all,

Because of the nature of the attacks I think it is well above 50-50 for each of the C5. For Millwood, Smith, Tabram and McKenzie, it would be under 50-50 but, taken as "the field", I'd think it would be likely that he killed at least one of them. There's also a pretty good chance he may have killed at least one other that we have not even considered so his tally would likely be about 7 as I'd estimate it. Of course there's no way to prove anything but you'd be hard pressed to say that he didn't kill at least Chapman and Eddowes so 2-10.
                    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Well...Stride will always be connected to Eddowes unless something truly extraordinary comes along like a confession from some-one other than the Ripper. The reason is mostly the timing between the two Murders and the fact that the events described by Diemschutz and the fact that Eddowes was killed in Aldgate only bolsters the JTR was interupted theory.
                      Eddowes will always be linked to MJK because of facial mutilations. But Eddowes also helps to include Polly as I suspect the wounds were similar as opposed to AC and MJKs wounds. And AC and MJK are just a given to me and I treat them personally as one Murder and freely interchange clues and info between the two.
                      So that connects all C5 for me.
                      I have no idea about the others but unless another explanation comes forward for each Im always going to have to say my first Suspect is JTR.

JTR is the only person on my radar who I believe has killed more than one unfortunate on the streets of Whitechapel. I dont like to create Murderers when there is no call to.

Comment

Hi all

As you probably would guess I am with Glenn and Fisherman in taking Stride out of the equation. (Sorry Tom )

I'm not too sure about Mary Kelly. Her killing has some trademarks of jtr and then with an about face includes completely different techniques than previously. Why can't these things ever be straightforward!

tj
                        It's not about what you know....it's about what you can find out

Comment

Hello

I`d stick me mortgage on Nichols, Chapman, Eddowes and Kelly. No doubts at all with these four.

and I`d pop a monkey on Smith,Tabram,Nichols,Chapman,Stride,Eddowes, Kelly and McKenzie.

Comment

Hi

I take the point of viewthat Liz Stride was not a victim of Jack.

However to balance out the C5, I happen to believe in the possibility of Martha Tabram, since the discovery of the outside landing, could be a JTR killing.

Keep well
                            JIMI

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch Rowe View Post

I dont like to create Murderers when there is no call to.
                              Me neither.

I can't see why anyone would. It's not so much a case of not liking to create them, as far as I am concerned. It's more a case of Jack being the only one we know was capable at the time. So is there any need to create more, without hard evidence against some other individual, or hard evidence of what else Jack was doing when an attack was taking place??

I'd sooner rope in Smith, Tabram, Mylett - the lot - right through Coles (until there is proof that Jack was past it by then) and put the rope round his 'orrible neck for every one, than risk putting one unknown and completely innocent man in the frame for the sake of - well, what exactly? Trying to show how clever I am at profiling, and judging the limits and extents of two or more unknown men?

Love,

Caz
                              X
                              "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Working...
                              X