Patricia Cornwell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
    I thought it was fair play since she called him a lush. But maybe I'm only that pissy because I'm an American?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
    Well, I admit I am tired and have had a headache the whole day, but I think she was adressing the other Jack. Unless they happen to be the same and I wasn't notified.
    "The human eye is a wonderful device. With a little effort, it can fail to see even the most glaring injustice." - Quellcrist Falconer
    "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem" - Johannes Clauberg

Comment

come on we love you yanks really..you just need to develop a sense of humour/humor? Besides I cant take Ally seriously as the witch master since listening to the pod-casts..she might even be human?

Comment

Mr. Schmidt,

She was addressing AP Wolf, aka Cap'n Jack, who's been known to bathe in Fine Spanish Brandy (or FSB as it was known in the LVP before they had AA).

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Ach, I hate it when I fail to get attempts at humor on the net. But that seemed indeed a bit strong.
          Besides... I have to admit that I'm a Kraut, not a Yankee.
          "The human eye is a wonderful device. With a little effort, it can fail to see even the most glaring injustice." - Quellcrist Falconer
          "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem" - Johannes Clauberg

Comment

sorry just choked on my wine..good night all xx

Comment

Originally posted by JSchmidt
              Ach, I hate it when I fail to get attempts at humor on the net. But that seemed indeed a bit strong.
              Yes, strong like a Fine Spanish Brandy.

Originally posted by JSchmidt
              Besides... I have to admit that I'm a Kraut, not a Yankee.
              Indeed, the Germans having the reputation for peace and subtlety that they do.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

[QUOTE=Cap'n Jack;20403]
                My point being, Ally, that if the said author is cosy with you then you accept all that stuff.
                No I don't. Name one author who has wholesale insulted every single ripperologist, called them money grubbing whores while doing the same who I have been "cozy "' with? Go ahead.

Turn your dial a bit, and think of several authors who promoted their suspects at the costs of the fact and that was okay by you. You love these guys.
                Once again, I am not entirely sure if you lie because you think it's a genuine tactic, or if you just lie because you honestly don't know the difference between lies and the truth. But in either even, yawn. Liars bore me, drunks are mildly fun to point at and laugh.

But Pat, she a women, and Queen Mean she like her throne.
                She does. First bit of truth you've stumbled across in oh...decades?

Is it that you probably represent the greatest threat against any chance of reasonable discussion on these boards because you have issues and bonds with cetain male posters on this board who have published material in this regard; and at the same time resent the influence of any women who has published something in this regard, because you haven't, and the one women concerned is a Yankee?

Alcohol impedes clear sentence formation. That was a run-off of mammoth proprotions and minimal sense. I find it interesting that it is constantly men trotting out the "you haven't published anything" argument, especially AP who has consistently said that people who publish on this topic are evil, yet now appears to think that Cornwell has it up on me because she published? And as someone who considers falsifying data and out and out lying as a vald means to further a debate agenda, I'd say you are neck and neck with me as someone who represents the greatest threat to reasonable debate.

Pirate Jack
                as fore your last comments, I'm actually quite shocked...is forgiveness really such a bad thing? Is winning the argument really more import than the truth or the Facts?

No forgiveness isn't a bad thing. Care to point me to where exactly Pat has ASKED for it?

Let all Oz be agreed;
                I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Is there really going to be an alcohol ban on casebook posters?

Are you taking note of this Suzzi???

Lets face it there is little else to do while awaiting Dan Norder's scientific experts who are going to disprove that naughty old Brit, Peter Bower

Jeff

AP you might have something hear, perhaps Ally and Patricia are simply very much alike?

Comment

Hello Ally

i listened to the latest Pod cast with some interest this morning and some of the issues it raised...

I dont believe that you are ever going to get a direct apology from Patricia Cornwell.

I would imagine that she feels much the same as you do..

However I do believe that there has been an attempt at "Olive branches" on her part to the Ripper community, so I'm curious if you would consider debating her new book 'As and when it arrives' on Pod-cast with Patricia Cornwall?

Or does pride get in the way of Ripperology?

Great Internet/radio/IPTV. That is a Pod-cast evreyone would want to hear..

Could olive branches exist in Ripper world?

Just curious while were waiting for Norders scientific evidence to arrive.

Jeff

Comment

• Was this the Stan Russo podcast from a few weeks back? Were Sickert was discussed?

It was a good show, and great to see/hear people getting along on air.
                      Regards Mike

Comment

• Jeff,

if you could get Patricia Cornwell to agree to debate with me in a podcast about her new book i would love to and i am sure Ally would also love to

I doubt Patricia could face it though

Jenni

ps after all she shirks away from ripperologists who might be 'mean' to her. that said if she's 'changes' i guess im willing to find out how when her new book is out. Does this change involve not fitting people up for murders> Why do you care anyway?? you arent a fan of kay Scarpetta are you!!!??shock!!!! but seriously
                        “be just and fear not”

Comment

• Hi Mike and Jen

no it was the Frog episode where they talk about debate being more cordial when you can hear people speak rather than hide behind a key board...

Its no secret that I have long sinse crossed Sickert off my suspect list, his profile doesn't fit, I only feel that Druit and Kosminski have any real possibilities as suspects these days..

But I do think Peter Bowers research was interesting and the possibility remains that Walter Sickert may have involved himself in the case..

If that were true it would open up all areas of interesting debate, the lodger, kelly, Stephen Knight etc..

If art experts like Dr Anna Gruetzner Robins beleive sickert may have sent letters, yes i find that interesting..

Not intresting enough to include in a TV program but certainly worthy of closer examination..

So I am, for one, interested in what Keith Skinner might turn up...as far as I know a contact doesn't exist that can false people to lie or produce incorrect evidence..just wouldn't stand up in court..

Comment

• Right, near the front of the show, Frogg was a great guest and very well versed in all aspects of the Ripper in relation to media.

I had to miss the last 15 minutes as I was called to a paranormal Investigation at last minute, but the first 45 minutes were great.

The Stan Russo show also brought up some interesting points on Sickert and the Lodger Theory.
                            Regards Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Covell
                              I had to miss the last 15 minutes as I was called to a paranormal Investigation at last minute
                              I thought you were just having fun when you mentioned this on another thread, but you're being serious, aren't you.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Quite serious Tom, when you hear that a building dating from the 1740's has paranormal events, you don't pass up on a chance to investigate.

The building was lovely, really huge ornate doors, hand crafted windows, hand crafted staircases, marble floors, it was like walking back into the Georgian Period!
                                Regards Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X