World Reacts to Trump's "****hole Countries" Remark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
    He didn't on this occasion, but the scary thing about Trump is that it's not hard to imagine that he would let slip such a thing in public. Anyone who uses a mass public rally to openly mock a disabled person is capable of almost anything.
    Oh yeah, he's a disabalist as well, I forgot that one.

To follow your logic to it's illogical conclusion, anyone who laughs at someones foibles is capable of anything.

The people who voted for him did not care about any of that guff, they wanted to vote for someone who would change things. Out of everyone who ran for president there were only two candidates who offered a different vision and the Democrats ensured that Bernie did not face the public vote...they bet everything on people voting for Hillary because of her gender.
    Last edited by DirectorDave; 01-15-2018, 02:32 PM.
    My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

Does anyone honestly think that a man who mocks a disabled person, on the campaign trail, deserves any respect?

Trump is like a stroppy teenager with mental health issues. Everytime he opens his mouth he says something that you’d never have thought you would hear a President say. Being outspoken is ok. Being a brainless tool who’s not fit to run a pensioners day out is another.
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post

Apparently there is now a discussion over whether Mr. Trump said "s***hole" (which Durbin heard) or "s***house" ( which two others heard), but the consensus it that he was disparaging of countries primarily inhabited by black and brown people. See:
        http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/15/politi...sis/index.html
        Trump has a long history of racist attitudes and remarks, going back to when he and his father were taken to court for not allowing African Americans to live in their properties, his bigoted stance on the Central Park case, and his "birther" insistence that Barack Obama was not born in the United States.

So this was no mistake. The man is playing to his bigoted base. For shame.
        Christopher T. George
        Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
        just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
        For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
        RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
          Does anyone honestly think that a man who mocks a disabled person, on the campaign trail, deserves any respect?

Trump is like a stroppy teenager with mental health issues. Everytime he opens his mouth he says something that you’d never have thought you would hear a President say. Being outspoken is ok. Being a brainless tool who’s not fit to run a pensioners day out is another.
          Trump mocked a journalist who happened to be disabled. Trump, as far as we know, did not mock the man's disability or mock him because he was disabled. If you wish to condemn Trump then you are free to do so, but please do so for justified reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by jason_c View Post
            Trump mocked a journalist who happened to be disabled. Trump, as far as we know, did not mock the man's disability or mock him because he was disabled. If you wish to condemn Trump then you are free to do so, but please do so for justified reasons.
            If they are condeming him for wanting immigrants from Norway rather than third world countries as "racist" I don't hold out much hope of them giving him any benefit of the doubt over Kovaleski.

These people are too far down the rabbit hole over Trump who they see as the devil, the men behind the grassy knoll, the bogieman...yes Donald Trump is Jack the Ripper.
            Last edited by DirectorDave; 01-15-2018, 03:20 PM.
            My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
              Okay, Jason, let's say it is only a matter of perception. Nothing wrong with merit-based quota systems, and certainly not a new idea in immigration in our history. But all too often quotas have been used to limit immigrants based on race or national-origin, as when Asians were limited in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Also, they were discussing Haiti in the context of countries with "temporary protected status" (TPS), which as I understand applies to countries beset by war, political unrest, or natural disasters. Trump said "take them out", presumably from the TPS list. Why?

Apparently there is now a discussion over whether Mr. Trump said "s***hole" (which Durbin heard) or "s***house" ( which two others heard), but the consensus it that he was disparaging of countries primarily inhabited by black and brown people. See:
              The last three days have been consumed by this debate: Did President Donald Trump refer to several foreign countries as “shitholes” or not?

If he is serious about not being a racist, he will probably say "yes", but as his past history on race is not great, and as he doesn't often do the expected thing, he may well answer "no."
              See: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...cist.html?_r=0
              Sure, I can agree with the fact that quotas have been used to limit immigrants based on race. I will agree with you there. Will you agree that certain groups have also been let in en masse to bolster the Democratic Party on election day? Personally im in favour of quotas for a variety of reasons, one of them being to keep in check mass migration of certain groups. Everything else being equal best to allow in a wide variety of national and racial groups. Immigrants are usually more easily integrated that way. No more lottery or chain migration. Why take Haiti off the TPS list? Probably because Haitian immigrants will add half a million Democratic voters within a generation.

Im fairly confident Trump will answer Yes, they can be let in if they meet the merit requirements. Then again I don't see Trump as overtly racist, but he probably does view the immigration issue as most politicians view it - as a way of winning or losing elections. Do you really, really think Dems would be so pro-immigration from poor countries if these immigrants were likely to vote Republican? I realise all this can sound a bit racist on my part. However, I prefer to see it all as political self interest.

Im struck by how those closest to Trump by and large agree he isn't racist but those furthest from him insist he is racist. Those furthest from him somehow attempt to read his mind despite multiplie decades of Trump's close friendships and close dealings with African Americans.

As you can perhaps tell im not opposed to those who suggest there is a racial/electoral element to Trump's immigration policy but I don't think Trump himself is racist. That's why I think a merit based system is only as racist as you or I wish to perceive it as.

Comment

Trump mocked a journalist who happened to be disabled. Trump, as far as we know, did not mock the man's disability or mock him because he was disabled[
                He most assuredly did. He mocked the journalist's speech and body movements, just like a 12 year old doing an impression of a "spazz" to amuse his playground chums. The man's a disgrace.
                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

He most assuredly did. He mocked the journalist's speech and body movements, just like a 12 year old doing an impression of a "spazz" to amuse his playground chums. The man's a disgrace.
                  Exactly so, Sam!
                  Christopher T. George
                  Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
                  just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
                  For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
                  RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

As I said earlier, when in high office, you have a responsibility. Tweeting drivel is an important indicator of what kind of person Forrest Trump is. What next? “Hilary is a bitch” graffiti’d on the wall of the Oval Office. You can’t right this off as anti-Trump bias. The fact that half of the world stand stunned every time he opens his mouth should tell all what a loony this guy obviously is.
                    A madman running a grocery store is inconvenient. A madman in charge of the most powerful country in the world is a danger to all.
                    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                      A madman running a grocery store is inconvenient. A madman in charge of the most powerful country in the world is a danger to all.
                      It's painfully naive to think Donald Trump is actually running the show. He's a figurehead. All presidents are.

Comment

I agree. Trump's hiring history and known friendships suggest he isn't racist. Im reminded of the Hitler and alt-right accusations thrown at him. His daughter is Jewish for goodness sake. Still, it didn't stop the slur of Nazi thrown at him.
                        Hi Jason,
                        With respect, I think you misunderstood my original post.

So let me clear.

If he acts like a racist and talks like a racist, the chances are that he is probably a racist.

That's pretty clear methinks!

Comment

Even figureheads need to act with decency, especially when in such a position of power.
                          Last edited by Sam Flynn; 01-16-2018, 04:30 AM.
                          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

If the man wants Norwegians.. I humbly suggest Norway send him one they don't particularly care for..
                            Anders Behring Breivik.
                            The pair would get on like a house on fire.

Phil
                            Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                            Accountability? ....

Comment

Even figureheads need to act with decency, especially when in such a position of power.
                              Exactly Sam.

Words like statesmanship and diplomacy come to mind as being glaringly absent from Trump’s dangerously infantile personality.
                              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
                                If the man wants Norwegians.. I humbly suggest Norway send him one they don't particularly care for..
                                Anders Behring Breivik.
                                The pair would get on like a house on fire.

Phil
                                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
                                X