my views

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my views

First of all i need to note how the "dear boss" letter was the first communique using the nick name 'Jack the ripper'. i belive there are many points showing its eligability to being the killer

as said:"[I]that joke about the leather apron gave me real fits"[I]
    makes me belive that one view could be that the killer wanted reconisation and didnt want his work to be confused with that of the 'leather apron' or john pizer. another point to be reconized:
    "The next job I do I shall clip the ladys ears off and send to the police officers just for jolly wouldnt you.
    which comes in with how the proximity of the date the letter was written to the date of the 'double event' is too much to be a coincidence to me.
    the date turned it to the CNA:september 27th 1888
    the date of the 'double event':september 30th 1888
    and that how the writer mentions that I shall clip the ladys ears off
    is errily reminesent to how the ripper cliped Eddowes ear off

yours truly
    Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

ear now guv

Hello Corey.

"the writer mentions that I shall clip the lady's ears off
    is e[e]rily reminis[c]ent [of] how the ripper clip[p]ed Eddowes['] ear off"

Possibly, but her ear was found in her garments. Now it is generally thought to be collateral damage.

The best.
    LC

Comment

yes

yes when dr.gorden brown examined Eddowes' the ear fell from her garment.
      but the proximity of the two days and that the letter was written right befor the murder of Eddowes' and Stride is too much to be meer coincidence and also the fact that the ripper may have felt the urge to take credit for his work that to as he says "dont mind me giveing the tradename"

thank you
      Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

varia

Hello Corey. Possibly so, but do you have a ready made explanation for why the police thought it a hoax and why most ripperologists consider it a hoax?

I'm sure you are already aware that the perpetrator's name has been mentioned (so I won't bore you with it).

The best.
        LC

Comment

as i am aware

of the theory that the letter was thought to be written by either two authors best and bulling but that is an opinion some choose to believe as do you but not a fact and I am open to possibilitys but I do belive the letter to be written by jack. and i also know of how the media took the killings to their fullest by sending in countless bogus letters but i do belive this one to be genuine.

sincerily
          Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

possibilities

Hello Corey. Well, I, too, am open to possibilities. For 30 years the "Dear Boss" was what gave zest to the case. It broke my heart to give it up.

Good luck with it.

The best.
            LC

Comment

yes

thank you lynn for saying your view to the letter. i will do a little research on those journalist who were thought to have written the letter and see what i can find. But for the moment i stay strong with that opinion that the letter indeed is genuine. I may be wrong but on a bigger note who knows?maybe we are all wrong, maybe neithor the killer nor those two journalist wrote the "dear boss" letter. only further investigation will say for sure..

best of luck
              Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

research

Hello Corey. Research is ALWAYS a good thing. I am fortunate enough to have located several (122) old diaries that may have some tangential bearing on the case.

Good luck with yours.

The best.
                LC

Comment

really?did you locate actual copies or reproductions?if they are reproductions can you tell me where I can read them??

yours truly
                  Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

thread

Hello Corey. They are originals. They are part of a library collection. I left a description on the thread near the books threads--"other" I believe it's called.

The chap in question is George Cecil Ives. He was a sex and crime writer whose career spanned the LVP and edwardian eras. He was a gay liberation leader and went so far as to form a secret society to promote his ideas. I hope he has something to say about Druitt or Tumblety. Since he was passionate about unsolved crimes, perhaps he has a blurb about Jack as well.

The best.
                    LC

Comment

ok

thank you. i will look for it and read it.maybe you are right,maybe he has something to say about the case.

good luck
                      Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

description

Hello Corey. If you are interested, I can send a larger description.

Perhaps I should post that?

LC

Comment

yes

i am interested maybe you can.if you dont mind.i would love trying to help you find out somemore things about those diarys and g.c.i.

thank you again
                          Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

posted

Hello Corey. I just posted the complete listing. Have a go at it and enjoy. (That secret society looks promising.)

The best.
                            LC

Comment

interesting

dear lynn,

you sure have found something.it will take a while for me to look through the diarys if i can find the text in some of them.i will look for ripper relaited information i find and if i do find anything promising i will let you know. like wise if it wouldnt be any trouble to you can you please inform me if you make any new discoveries in the diarys.
                              thank you and good luck
                              Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Working...
                              X