Was Jack a Necrophiliac?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mascara & Paranoia View Post
    Just because there wasn't any semen at the scene of the crimes doesn't necessarily mean that he didn't pop his cork. Besides, I doubt he would've slashed their throats and mutiliate their bodies with his wanger hangin' out (o_O @ the mental images!).
    That just displaced Rosie O'Donnel on a sybian as my most disturbing mental image. This is gonna be a tough one to replace. Respectfully Dave
    We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

protohistorian,

yes, mentally disturbing images and probably unlikely by the time mutilation took place with any wanger hanging out.With the chosen quote you picked. And yes, displaces Rosie. Who knows Jack may have popped his cork prior to mutilation. This thread may just rest on ' Balls ' but it beats the thread ' What did Jack eat? '.
      Last edited by Shelley; 04-29-2009, 07:49 PM.

Comment

But the definition of necrophiliac is someone who is sexually aroused by the dead, not someone who is sexually aroused by mutilating bodies. So I really don't think you can put Jack into that category, unless he had relations (broadly defined) with the bodies before he mutilated them, which is very unlikely given the lack of such evidence and the small amount of time he had.

Comment

Christine,
          My understanding is that a necrophiliac is indeed aroused to produce a wanger firm enough to insert & engage sexual activity, it also goes without saying that some necrophiles have a relationship with the dead victim, not all, but some opt for the relationship bit, such as Jeffery Dahmer.
          Last edited by Shelley; 04-29-2009, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Hello Shelley.

Necrophiliac means aroused by dead bodies. It may or may not mean actual sex with the dead body takes place.

Now Jack seems to have had some dead bodies, and what did he do with them? He mutilated them. He must have had some strong compulsion to mutilate. If he was aroused, it was by the mutilation, not the dead bodies per se. If he had some sort of sexual climax, it was with a mutilated body, not a dead body.

"Relation" is my euphemism for whatever Jack might do with dead bodies, not necessarily an imaginary friendship. What I was trying to say is that if Jack had some sort of relation with the bodies before he mutilated them, it would have to have been very brief. In fact, if he wanted to have sex with a body, he really shouldn't have bothered mutilating at all, as mutilating would have wasted time and attracted attention and gotten him dirty.

So if Jack was a necrophiliac, he only got to be sexy with his bodies for a very short time before he got around to cutting them up. That's strong evidence that for Jack, it was about the cutting, not the death. So I believe his fetish was not for dead bodies, it was for cutting up dead bodies. So Jack does not meet the definition of necrophiliac.

Comment

Christine,
              I does seem that with no evidence at the scenes of crime that Jack did not engage in a relationship of necrophilia with his victims in the street, but as you quite rightly point out necrophilia is the arousal/attraction to corpses. Necrophilia is part of the paraphinalia family, and is also worked out by percentages.

Comment

So Shelley, the more interesting question is whether or not Jack was sexually gratified by the acts, or whether he had some other motivation. I tend to agree with the modern assessment that he was sexually gratified. Even if he was out to punish prostitutes, he seems to have been punishing them for sexually exciting him. It's a very Victorian prejudice to think that prostitutes were nymphomaniacs and seductresses and that normal state of males is chaste. I think that's where the idea that Jack was a celibate religious fanatic comes from.

Comment

Hi Christine,

Christine
                  So Shelley, the more interesting question is whether or not Jack was sexually gratified by the acts
                  It is an interesting question indeed on whether Jack was aroused or was sexually gratified by, at least some of his acts.

It's a very Victorian prejudice to think that prostitutes were nymphomaniacs and seductresses and that normal state of males is chaste
                  I agree it was very prejudiced ( more commonly now referred to as sexism)to think that prostitutes were nymphomanics and seductresses, which was shaped by male control & dominance as well as religion ( religion is primarily dominated by the male), one of which religion tended to lean towards blaming the woman from possibly in the bible 'Genesis' put forth Eve was the problem, going against Male heirarchy and therefore created the problems of the world. Leaving the thoughts with people that women were to blame.

All the Best
                  Shelley
                  Last edited by Shelley; 04-30-2009, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X