Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmmmm

Hi there!
    This is rather strange for me. I came on here tonight after being finally informed by my father that I am apparently Annie Chapman's great, great, great, great granddaughter (I think that's the right number of "greats"!). I'm not entirely sure of my other descendants since her, since my family are very reluctant to discuss the topic. I was sorry to hear about the death of her granddaughter, who I can only assume is also a relative in some way. Can anyone give me more information about Annie Chapman's other descendants, so that I can see where I might fit in? As I said, my family is reluctant to discuss it.
    To know where you're going, you need to know where you came from.

DRAGONFLY...

Comment

Hi Dragonfly

My advice would be to PM Neal Shelden - you can find him via the members list.

Comment

Ok thanks
        To know where you're going, you need to know where you came from.

DRAGONFLY...

Comment

Originally posted by Neal Shelden View Post
          Sorry that I can't actually do this as I am sure you can understand that it might compromise the descendants rights to only reveal information if they wish me too.
          I can tell you that Maureen who sometimes posts on these boards is my connection on Mary Ann Nichols, she lives in Canada, and her Great Grandfather was Edward John Nichols the son of Mary Ann Nichols. Edward had a daughter Lilian, who also had a daughter Lilian, who was Maureen's mother.
          The other Nichols descendant, the Granddaughter of Alice Esther daughter of Mary Ann does not wish to have any further communication about her connection to Mary Ann Nichols.
          The Chapman descendants do not wish to have any family information about them revealed, but I can say that they are descendants of Annie Georgina Chapman, Annie Chapman's daughter.
          On Eddowes I am in communication with descendants of Catherine Eddowes' daughter Annie Phillips. Josephine is a Great Granddaughter of Annie Phillips via her daughter Catherine. Jean, Ian, and Susan, are all grandchildren of Ellen Phillips, another Annie Phillips daughter. And Tracey is a Great Granddaughter of Thomas Phillips a son of Annie Phillips.
          Sorry I can't be more specific but it's really not advisable to make family dates public unless they themselves wish the information to made availble.
          Hi,
          I think I am the Josephine you refer to in your post. My grandmother was one of Ellen Wells' daughters. My own daughter and I are just starting to research our link with this infamous event and find it completely fascinating! In 2004 my uncle was in contact with you which confirmed our link.
          There seems to be so much information to trawl through though!

Comment

Originally posted by jojo View Post
            Hi,
            I think I am the Josephine you refer to in your post. My grandmother was one of Ellen Wells' daughters. My own daughter and I are just starting to research our link with this infamous event and find it completely fascinating! In 2004 my uncle was in contact with you which confirmed our link.
            There seems to be so much information to trawl through though!
            Thank you for posting. I always find it fascinating to hear from descendants of the people associated with the case.

Comment

Working...
            X