Victimology, MO, signature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DJA View Post
    It is quite obvious that Nichols and Eddowes had known each other for over 20 years,since being Sutton's inpatients with rheumatic fever.
    I'm sure most medical practitioners' patients don't know their fellow-patients personally.
    Sutton was not a high profile surgeon.
    He was good enough to have an entry on Wikipedia and, as you note, had connections to William Gull.

Along with Gull, Cream, the (fictive) Pedachenko and Stanley, and the wrongly-labelled "Drs" Druitt and Puckeridge, Sutton is just another variation on the mad doctor theme that has featured in ripperology from the outset.
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
      I'm sure most medical practitioners' patients don't know their fellow-patients personally.He was good enough to have an entry on Wikipedia and, as you note, had connections to William Gull.

Along with Gull, Cream, the (fictive) Pedachenko and Stanley, and the wrongly-labelled "Drs" Druitt and Puckeridge, Sutton is just another variation on the mad doctor theme that has featured in ripperology from the outset.

Casebook Supporter

"Quote:
      Originally Posted by DJA View Post
      Am suggesting that he treated Nichols and Eddowes for rheumatic fever from December 1867 at the London Hospital."

We've been through that before, Dave, but let's not start again here!

I have never suggested Sutton was mad.
      My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• As pointed out a while ago,the Shoreditch Vestry Board included not only Sutton,but also Thomas Stevenson.

Best known to Ripperologists as the toxicologist and forensic chemist in the Cream,Maybrick and George Chapman court cases.

Mary Ann Kelly's inquest was held at it's Head Quarters and her body stored in it's mortuary. Ever wonder about the inadequate performance of the coroner?

Robert Donston Stephenson was a Sutton inpatient during the Ripper murders.
        Last edited by DJA; 12-06-2018, 06:24 AM.

Comment

I have never suggested Sutton was mad.
          I'm not saying you have and, as far as we know, neither Cream nor Gull was mad, either. My use of "mad doctor" was only ever intended to be shorthand; perhaps "bad doctor" would have been more appropriate.
          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• Sutton fills every criteria.

Pathology teacher who had presided over one of the world's great pathology collections.

Known for his sense of working by touch.

No doubt carried chalk just before the start of term,could write in the dark in a neat schoolboy hand and his height tallies with Goulston Street.

I can easily put him on the other side of town for Stride's murder.

Have reasons to suggest he resided at 6 Mitre Street.

Ever play 500?

Comment

Sutton fills every criteria.

Pathology teacher who had presided over one of the world's great pathology collections.

Known for his sense of working by touch.

No doubt carried chalk just before the start of term,could write in the dark in a neat schoolboy hand and his height tallies with Goulston Street.

I can easily put him on the other side of town for Stride's murder.

Have reasons to suggest he resided at 6 Mitre Street.

Ever play 500?
              No, but I've played Boggle.
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• Quite enjoy Monopoly myself.

Comment

Sutton fills every criteria.
                  I thought the most important criterion was evidence, i.e. sources.

Does any source back any of the claims you make about Sutton knowing the victims, victims knowing each other, blackmail etc.? And if yes, what and where are they?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kattrup View Post
                    I thought the most important criterion was evidence, i.e. sources.

Does any source back any of the claims you make about Sutton knowing the victims, victims knowing each other, blackmail etc.? And if yes, what and where are they?
                    Feel free to go through my previous posts.

Comment

• Might be of some help.

Ages are a year out.

Most people have Sutton's age wrong due to the 1881 Census.

By memory,he was baptised at West Acklam in August 1835.

Oh yeah,Eddowes was known as Conway at the time.
                      Last edited by DJA; 12-06-2018, 09:12 AM. Reason: 1835

Comment

Feel free to go through my previous posts.
                        I have; they’re not helpful as you never post any references to sources, just curt “reckon that” or “strongly suspect that”.

But if you’ve posted somewhere a source that shows the C5 knew each other, or Sutton, or were blackmailing someone, or that Gull convinced Gladstone that the Ripper was in fact conducting valuable research (!), I must have missed it and will of course apologize. So far I don’t recall seeing it.

Comment

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...00094-0102.pdf

Might be of some help.

Ages are a year out.

Only had a quick look at the attached, but interesting stuff, Dave
                          The christian names and ages are certainly there..

Comment

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...00094-0102.pdf

Might be of some help.

Ages are a year out.

This deserves a thread of its own, Dave. Fascinating.
                            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• Originally posted by Kattrup View Post
                              I have; they’re not helpful as you never post any references to sources, just curt “reckon that” or “strongly suspect that”.

But if you’ve posted somewhere a source that shows the C5 knew each other, or Sutton, or were blackmailing someone, or that Gull convinced Gladstone that the Ripper was in fact conducting valuable research (!), I must have missed it and will of course apologize. So far I don’t recall seeing it.
                              OK. Have you looked at my last post which was made specifically for you?

Nope.

WEG's letter to The Times has disappeared from the internet.
                              Quite sure it was on casebook within the last decade.
                              Not even Wickerman has a copy.
                              Unfortunately the PC I was using is no longer and someone else has my back up drive.
                              WEG and Gull had something in common.
                              Anyone!

Right now it is 4am and 27C.
                              I'm on bushfire watch up here in the Otway Ranges.
                              Typing in the dark due to mozzies

Quite frankly,I'm keeping a lot up my sleeve.
                              Anyone with an ounce of sense knows why.

How are you going with your suspect?

Incidentally,all the best,
                              Dave.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                                This deserves a thread of its own, Dave. Fascinating.
                                It's all been posted before.

I've known for almost a decade.

Easiest part was working out who JtR was. Fair dinkum,as we say in Oz.

Few things I've not worked out and might have to go with best guesses.

Surmise Sutton had a Board of Works type AGM in Ailie Street the night of the double event.
                                In any event he would have gone over that way to collect money to pay off Stride and Eddowes. Know where he would have gone.
                                No Eddowes, and BS man would have made him wary.

If I use surmise,I don't really know. Rest of the time just being coy.

Surmise Blotchy was Hutchinson.
                                Sailor. Paedophile. Link to Primrose Street.

Fairly sure Kelly's landlord gave Sutton the all clear when Barnett left.

Most of it is self evident.
                                Just look at the CV5's movements.
                                Especially Nichols and Eddowes.

I don't mind reasonable questions,but hey ..... this is casebook.

I'll continue to keep bits up my sleeve.Also have serious health problems.Meh.

This all started circa 1868 when Sutton became Vestry Medical Officer and moved next door to Gull.
                                Mary Ann Kelly was ~ 9 years of age.

Things came to a head in 1885.

Thanks Sam.

Comment

Working...
                                X