Can You Name this book/Author?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by albie View Post
    Well, we don't know how sloppy or accurate he was. But here's the results of his measurements.

The distance from site 1 to site 2 was 930 yards
    The distance from site 2 to site 4 was 930 yards
    The distance from site 3 to site 4 was 950 yards
    The distance from site 3 to site 5 was 950 yards

If true then this proves that the attacks were not just by some random maniac. if anyone has a map of the murder area and can disprove Ivor Edward's findings that would be good.
    The very fact that those figures are so round practically demonstrates that they're nonsense, as is the idea of the Ripper thinking, "Right-oh! I'm precisely 930 yards away from 29 Hanbury Street, so I'll kill someone on this spot", and so on.
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
      The very fact that those figures are so round practically demonstrates that they're nonsense, as is the idea of the Ripper thinking, "Right-oh! I'm precisely 930 yards away from 29 Hanbury Street, so I'll kill someone on this spot", and so on.
      I’d have been impressed if he’d used feet and inches Gareth
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Herlock.

Yet you believe in bizarre coincidences. Or ignore them? This is proof that the ripper was no random killer.

Also, consider this...

For more than a century, the horrific, fascinating mystery of Jack the Ripper has endured. The ghastly crimes of the world's most notorious serial killer have gone down in history as the most nauseating acts one man could ever inflict upon his fellow human beings; and since they were committed, contemporary sleuths have spent many lifetimes attempting to identify the man behind the myth. Bizarrely, nobody has yet revealed the identity of the true murderer to the satisfaction of ripperologists everywhere. This book seeks to change this. Taking the reader on a step-by-step journey through the precise events at the core of the Ripper's reign of terror, the text covers a sickening, twisted melange of murder and black magic, aiming to change forever the way these crimes are perceived

Sam Flynn. All we need to do is get a map and measure it. Nobody here has a map of the ripper killings and a ruler?
        Last edited by albie; 10-23-2018, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Hi,
          The one problem with the book is that where he measured and pin pointed where Kelly was murdered, he was using the older and incorrect location of the multi story car park ramp.

Regards.

Comment

Yet you believe in bizarre coincidences. Or ignore them? This is proof that the ripper was no random killer.

Also, consider this...
            As I think we've already pointed out, the very fact that those figures are so rounded should immediately raise alarm bells. And the idea that the Ripper wanted to manoeuvre his victims into precise locations relative to the other murders is ridiculous.
            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Originally posted by spyglass View Post
              Hi,
              The one problem with the book is that where he measured and pin pointed where Kelly was murdered, he was using the older and incorrect location of the multi story car park ramp.

Regards.
              How much did this err from the real site?

Comment

Also, this would only mess up one of several measurements. Can we confirm that Kelly's murder site isn't where Edwards thought it was?

Comment

Also, this would only mess up one of several measurements. Can we confirm that Kelly's murder site isn't where Edwards thought it was?
                  As I remember it, the actual murder site was further up on the opposite side of the road where the warehouse type building was ( now gone I believe )
                  As for distance, I couldn't really say, but guessing about 30/50 yards.
                  But I stand to be corrected on that.

Comment

[QUOTE=albie;458153]Well, we don't know how sloppy or accurate he was. But here's the results of his measurements.

The distance from site 1 to site 2 was 930 yards
                    The distance from site 2 to site 4 was 930 yards
                    The distance from site 3 to site 4 was 950 yards
                    The distance from site 3 to site 5 was 950 yards
                    These are the measurements found using a map. Ivor Edwards also confirmed the distance with a surveyor's wheel.
                    Also "Compass bearings were taken in the field it was found that sites 1,2,3,4 were located due east, south, north and west."

If true then this proves that the attacks were not just by some random maniac. if anyone has a map of the murder area and can disprove Ivor Edward's findings that would be good.[/QUOTE

Here are the real distances.from the 93-95 OS and distance talk at the National Library of Scotland.

First coloumn Crow flies(going through buildings.)

Second coloumn by road.

site 1 to 2 888yards 980yards

site 2 to 4 917yards 1192 yards

ste 3 to 4 946 yards 1165 yards

site 3 to 5 952 yards 1129 yards

So we have 2 as the crow flies which are close by . similarly 2 to 4 is reasonably close but 1 to 2 is 50 yards out.

And if using the routes that were actually availble the difference are very large.

Steve
                    Last edited by Elamarna; 10-23-2018, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Hmmm. Thanks for that.

So you cannot get any more accurate? Not sure what your figures mean. Are you saying, for instance, that site 1 to 2 is BETWEEN 888 yards and 980 yards?

That seems pretty variable.

Comment

This reminds me of the moon phase argument, and is just as likely. Or rather unlikely.
                        Michael Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
                          Here are the real distances.from the 93-95 OS and distance talk at the National Library of Scotland.

First coloumn Crow flies (going through buildings.) Second coloumn by road.

site 1 to 2 888yards 980yards
                          site 2 to 4 917yards 1192 yards
                          site 3 to 4 946 yards 1165 yards
                          site 3 to 5 952 yards 1129 yards
                          Whether we go by crow or by road, there certainly aren't the neat matches that Ivor Edwards claimed to have found. Nice work, Steve.
                          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Hmmm. Thanks for that.

So you cannot get any more accurate? Not sure what your figures mean. Are you saying, for instance, that site 1 to 2 is BETWEEN 888 yards and 980 yards?

That seems pretty variable.
                            Sorry if its unclear,

The first figures are as the crow flies, thats direct, stright line A-B, it ignores what is inbetween, such as houses, so its the geographical distance. what you get if you just draw a stright line on a map.

but of course thats not how one travels.

The second set are if you travel between the two points using the availble routes suchs as roads and passages.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
                              Sorry if its unclear,

The first figures are as the crow flies, thats direct, stright line A-B, it ignores what is inbetween, such as houses, so its the geographical distance. what you get if you just draw a stright line on a map.

but of course thats not how one travels.

The second set are if you travel between the two points using the availble routes suchs as roads and passages.

Steve
                              Elamarna

Are those figures accurate, because if so, that is one bizarre coincidence. The only outlier is 3 to 5, but then you have used 3 as a starting point twice. I think it is worth measuring the full set to see if the other distances fit the pattern. I'm not convinced this has anything to do with magic or ritual, but if the pattern holds it will need some explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by etenguy View Post
                                Elamarna

Are those figures accurate, because if so, that is one bizarre coincidence. The only outlier is 3 to 5, but then you have used 3 as a starting point twice. I think it is worth measuring the full set to see if the other distances fit the pattern. I'm not convinced this has anything to do with magic or ritual, but if the pattern holds it will need some explanation.
                                I disagree,
                                i do not know if the book gives the distance as the crow flies or by road.

the figures i have given for routes that were posted earlier in the thread.

if it as the crow flies then two, 3-4 & 3-5 are close to the claim of 950 yards, one is along way off 880 as opposed to the claimed 930, the other is some 17 yards out, if theseclaims are accurate, that is simply not good enough.

however if the distance is by road, then nothing is with 50 yards of the claims.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X